IGNORED

US Ambassador Visits Pattaya Orphanage

KDNG

On February 24, Ambassador Eric John and Mrs. Sophia John made a very special visit to Pattaya Orphanage to view firsthand the living legacy of its founder, the late Father Ray Brennan, an American Catholic priest, who established the orphanage in 1972 with the help of American soldiers in Thailand during the Vietnam War. Upon arrival, Ambassador and Mrs. John were welcomed by Pattaya Orphanage Director Father Michael Weera Phangrak and greeted with warm smiles from dozens of the orphanage’s children. Also in attendance were several local Thai and expatriates who volunteer their time and energy to making the Pattaya Orphanage a true haven for disadvantaged children. Following a tour of the facility led by Pattaya Orphanage Manager Radchada Chomjinda, Ambassador and Mrs. John presented the orphanage with a set of children’s books donated by the Books for Thailand Foundation with the generous support of the Asia Foundation. The Ambassador and Mrs. John were both very touched by their visit to Pattaya Orphange as were all those who joined on the tour that day. Learn more and see the heartwarming images from the Ambassador and Mrs. John’s visit to the Pattaya Orphanage

Embassy link http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/embassy-activ...ebruary/14.html

Pattaya Orphanage link http://www.thepattayaorphanage.org/updaten...224_1/index.php

Thanks for the news and link.

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks for that update.

Some good pictures on The Pattaya Orphanage page.

While it is awesome that the Ambassador made the effort, one would hope that the donations wen beyond a few books (as stated).

Thanks for sharing and promoting a good cause, my brother. I've been to this orphanage a number of times. The pics brought back good memories.

BTW, for an older woman, the ambassador's wife is frickin hot. :D

Edited by Millard