Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Masters Golf 2021

mikeyboy

Masters golf started yesterday with a limited numbers of spectators  ,   Justin Rose 2 times runner up leading at 7 under after first day .

Hope he can go one better , also Dustin Johnson , although 2 over  knows how to tame this course .

Who do you rate as possible winner ?

Jordan Spieth , he will be a threat. The greens are very deadly , like a tiles on the ground . Hoping for my man Shane Lowry to play good . Beautiful course , credit to the staff . 

3 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Got some money on Justin Thomas, Daniel Berger & Paul Casey.

Rose struggling a bit today.

Justin Thomas on a roll , 3 birdies around Amen Corner not too shabby .

Mikeyboy

Lots of guys going low today with the softer greens. Anyone within 8 shots after the cut has a chance, within 4 shots after Saturday definitely in with a shout. Augusta is just that kind of course that can bring you undone so easily, yet on any given day someone can come blazing through with a 66 or 67 and win. To win though I think you need to shoot par or better Friday and 60 something Fri, Sat, Sun, just my humble opinion. 

I’d like to see Leishman win.

Edited by Dr No

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

Justin Thomas on a roll , 3 birdies around Amen Corner not too shabby .

Mikeyboy

Bogey at 18 was painful.

I’m on Justin rose & Abraham ancer 

cameron champ has been on my shortlist for a while, didnt back him after a poor show last week. 

80/1 for rose at the start was a great bet imo. 

11 hours ago, Dr No said:

Lots of guys going low today with the softer greens. Anyone within 8 shots after the cut has a chance, within 4 shots after Saturday definitely in with a shout. Augusta is just that kind of course that can bring you undone so easily, yet on any given day someone can come blazing through with a 66 or 67 and win. To win though I think you need to shoot par or better Friday and 60 something Fri, Sat, Sun, just my humble opinion. 

I’d like to see Leishman win.

Softer greens made for attacking the pin slightly easier , if possible on such a tough course .

Have to agree anyone within 5 or so of the lead final round has a chance .   Hope it comes down to a thriller on Sunday afternoon .  

Mikeyboy

38 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Softer greens made for attacking the pin slightly easier , if possible on such a tough course .

Have to agree anyone within 5 or so of the lead final round has a chance .   Hope it comes down to a thriller on Sunday afternoon .  

Mikeyboy

Should be close , will be very entertaining for all of us .. lots of players still have a good chance . Rose  still lead despite playing badly yesterday.  He will recover for today . 

2 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Mikeyboy

Yep that and apparently next to no breeze on a lot of holes. The tech in golf today with clubs, balls and training means nature needs to show up and help Augusta bear its teeth. For me that makes a better viewing experience, an eagle by a player when no ones else has been able to get close to a pin is very exciting, much more so than 30 guys shooting 10 under and someone winning with 20+ under but I may be in the minority I think. :)

Fantastic day 3, Hedeiki was brilliant on the back nine, he’s got to be the favourite with a four shot lead and ten years of experience at Augusta but double and triple bogeys are out there. 

Being within four means someone is going to have to shoot 67 or better even if he just shoots par. The 15th hole has always been my favourite and it was the most exciting hole again today, I predict it will have a big say in who wins tomorrow, an eagle there with three to play might be the kicker. 

6 hours ago, Dr No said:

Fantastic day 3, Hedeiki was brilliant on the back nine, he’s got to be the favourite with a four shot lead and ten years of experience at Augusta but double and triple bogeys are out there. 

Being within four means someone is going to have to shoot 67 or better even if he just shoots par. The 15th hole has always been my favourite and it was the most exciting hole again today, I predict it will have a big say in who wins tomorrow, an eagle there with three to play might be the kicker. 

Great to have a lead , but then the pressure and expectation that comes with it .

Mind you , these guys are under pressure from the moment they step on the course .   Jordan Spieth's blow up a few years ago shows it can happen to anyone .  

Suprised nobody wearing brown trousers on the last day ?? 

Mikeyboy

• Like 1

Hedeki Matsuyama 5 ahead of the field on the 11 th  , is doing it well .

After a dropped shot at the first has kept the chasing pack at distance .   

Amen corner to negotiate and he'll be looking at the winning line .  His to lose from here , i dont think anyone can catch him unless he slips up badly .

Mikeyboy 

9 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Well, it certainly looks like the Golfing Gods have got money on Matsuyama then.

Just enough of a lead to hold on . Well done Hideki  .   First Major for the Japanese player who seems to have been around a long time .

Nobody really could get close until it was too late , Jon Rahm powered his way up the board in the last round , but from too far back .

Mikeyboy 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Nobody really could get close until it was too late

Gods knows what Schauffelle was thinking about at 16?

6 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Gods knows what Schauffelle was thinking about at 16?

He will be thinking of that for a long time , will bother him unless he has a strong mental strength , I thought he was coming along to win , when I saw Hideki was worried at 16 th tee , he smiled a bit afterward when Schauffelle had a disaster 16 th .  Very impressed with Zalatoris , only 24 , he will win few majors in years to come ..  

Edited by jocky king

21 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Very impressed with Zalatoris , only 24 , he will win few majors in years to come ..  

Definitely seems to be able to raise his game for the Majors.