IGNORED

Jomtien: Trindy's (Indonesian Food)

This is a new place that has moved into the former Carpaccio's location. 

https://m.facebook.com/Trindys-Indonesian-Foods-103811118376701/

I have not been as of yet, but will try next week for sure. Some friends of mine went last night and said it was very good, but be sure to make a reservation. They are booking up full and are also getting some very good verbal feedback. The phone number is in the FB link.

Here is a ThaiVisa review.

Trindy's Indonesian Jomtien 

Tappraya road

Best Indonesian I've ever had in Pattaya.

Have had better in Bangkok, Bali, Amsterdam, and the US but this was still darn good.

Atmosphere too frou frou for me.

Prices between moderate and high moderate.

No plus plus.

Opens at 3 pm.

Closed Mondays.

One of their rames combo "mini rice table" choices for good value 295.

Some fusion, Dutch, and Thai dishes as well mixed in the menu.

Personally I would prefer it to be all Indonesian but up to them.

We made it over to Trindy's tonight. Based on the hype my expectations were moderately high and I was not disappointed. I am not very knowledgeable about Indonesian food other than the few times that I have tried it, I liked what I was eating.

We had a 7 PM reservation and by 7:15 the place was full. It is not a large restaurant (maybe 8 tables), but you do need a reservation. Trindy's has only been open 2 weeks and they are booking full most nights.

They do some very good nice touches, similar to May's Urban Dining over on Thepprasit. The GF commented that the two places had a similar feel.

The total bill with 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers was 990. Everything was very good. I was not wow'd by any particular item, but I was more than impressed with the overall experience.

oh - nice touch not shown in the pics - my name was done in white on a fresh banana leaf to indicate our table. Kind of cool I thought.

Some pics to make my points.

Nice touch # 1 - the table setting

1248348418_Trindys-A.thumb.jpg.d34123c8efa34879e8f733f19cbad051.jpg

Nice touch # 2 - a complimentary welcoming beverage 

821820179_Trindys-B.thumb.jpg.8d18ca69d890f5b7e758da1742073cc6.jpg

Nice touch #3 - a complimentary appetizer

1074642283_Trindys-C.thumb.jpg.07d455dbb495986ea0b2c8de39c6cb36.jpg

Nice touch # 4 - a glass of wine was not skimpy

778518005_Trindys-D.thumb.jpg.3b4bf88efc7584429707e8299b4fa6a1.jpg

The GF ordered this item. Sorry,  but I can not remember the name. Basically, they are spicy pork meatballs. I had one. They were good and quite spicy.

207491307_Trindys-E.thumb.jpg.e0f4c9a9c7be9d3504a2b8b5bf1fe3eb.jpg

I ordered the rice (noodles in my case) dish described in the initial Thai Visa review of this thread. There are four of these type of dishes at the beginning of the Indonesian section of the menu. All cost 345 and are very similar. I enjoyed the one I ordered and the GF sampled several things, which she liked as well.

1980447743_Trindys-F.thumb.jpg.1c9a9e223e63d195d3b499330bf484bf.jpg

Did we like it?

450811825_Trindys-G.thumb.jpg.e5ef0ccf90fee1a5f0e33824243e076e.jpg

The entree section of the menu is 4 pages long with about 20 entrees to each page. The first 2 are Indonesian and the last two are Farang. We will return.

Edited by ChiFlyer

That is a large glass. The serving size was larger than what is served at many other restaurants,

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

What was name of red wine?

I just had a couple of glasses of the house red. It tasted like a Shiraz to me, but I may be mistaken about that. The people at the next table ordered a bottle of something, so that option is available, but the wine choices are not shown on the menu.

The house wine was drinkable, but nothing to write home about. At 150 a glass I would not expect it to be.

The place has only been open for two weeks, so there are still a couple of kinks in the game plan. Nothing that affects food or service. I had difficulty making a reservation as they were not answering the phone. I switched over to FB messenger from their FB page and that worked.

On the other hand, service is exemplary.

Edited by ChiFlyer

• 1 year later...

We stopped in at Trindy's a few weeks back. Business seems not to be good. Sorry to be seeing this, as it is a different restaurant with food that I enjoy. You might no longer need that reservation. 😞