Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cozy Beach - 3 Mermaids & Sky Gallery

I asked the GF where she would like to  go for her birthday. She said that several of her girl friends liked 3 Mermaids and she would like to go there. Her sister joined us.

https://www.facebook.com/3MermaidsPattaya/

Here is a write-up by the Pattaya News.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/01/10/three-mermaids-in-pattaya-popular-new-restaurant-fights-to-survive-covid-19-situation/

The restaurant is in the Cozy Beach area near the Gallery. If I had to describe it in one word it would be "pleasant". The food is good and relatively inexpensive for a place in this area. The staff and service are efficient and cordial. The view is nice. There is ample parking available. They have their own lot. They had plenty of customers on a Saturday night.

We booked for 5 PM to have drinks and food during sunset. I would book for 5:30 next time, as the sun was a little too much when we first got there. They allowed us to have a first cocktail at a different table out of the sun and then move to our reserved table with a good view. A reservation requires a prepayment of 1000 THB, but that is applied against your check at the end. I would advise making a reservation in order to get a more comfortable seating. I would not want to end up in a bean bag chair for a couple of hours. My old bones would be screaming. If you look at the pics on their FB page, you will see that they have tree baskets available. I was told by a friend that there is an additional fee to reserve one of these.

A few pics

The view from our table

397732762_3Mermaids-View.thumb.jpg.ed5290706b1bb54cb872abfe032afb00.jpg

Fried Scallops in a garlic/pepper sauce - good (not great)

1806680479_3Mermaids-FriedScallops.thumb.jpg.383df55df608cc86f461833988951ffc.jpg

Smoked Duck Salad - very good

995110129_3Mermaids-SmokedDuckSalad.thumb.jpg.aa219b6fec79b42400db033735332934.jpg

All in all, I liked the place and will likely go again.

The total bill for 3 (3 small plates and 5 cocktails) was 2250.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Look at that view! Amazing. looks very cozy also. I will keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing :)

been there a few times and it is nice, food and drinks are good and not all that expensive considering the seaside views, etc... seen several Instagram and Facebook Thai girls photograph themselves at 3 Mermaids... worth a visit in my humble opinion... 

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

4 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

been there a few times and it is nice, food and drinks are good and not all that expensive considering the seaside views, etc... seen several Instagram and Facebook Thai girls photograph themselves at 3 Mermaids... worth a visit in my humble opinion... 

That's the part that kills me, the girls and their nonstop picture taking. Emphasis on nonstop. Like I get it, the view is pretty sweet, I have a few pictures myself and don't blame anyone for going there and wanting a picture. But I've been there and similar places and seen some of these girls for over an hour taking pictures. I about have to sit facing the other direction to stop myself from asking "do you have enough pictures yet" or "are you going to eat your food or only take pictures of it" and those sorts of things.

Can second what has been said, if you want to sit in the front by the water with the seats by the nets you have to put 1000 baht down which can be put towards your bill. You're paying a bit for the view but it's one of the best places to catch a sunset. I personally like their pizzas for the price and portion size.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cohend386 said:

That's the part that kills me, the girls and their nonstop picture taking. Emphasis on nonstop. Like I get it, the view is pretty sweet, I have a few pictures myself and don't blame anyone for going there and wanting a picture. But I've been there and similar places and seen some of these girls for over an hour taking pictures. I about have to sit facing the other direction to stop myself from asking "do you have enough pictures yet" or "are you going to eat your food or only take pictures of it" and those sorts of things.

Can second what has been said, if you want to sit in the front by the water with the seats by the nets you have to put 1000 baht down which can be put towards your bill. You're paying a bit for the view but it's one of the best places to catch a sunset. I personally like their pizzas for the price and portion size.

Hmmm, that's strange. I've been there a few time and sat on the seat with the net couple time and never had to put down any money. Yup, these seat and the "bird nest" seat at this place are TG favorites. 

Went there back in June, great sunset as i walked through the entrance, good food, I think it’s the best restaurant in that row, not sure if I’d be up for a selfie on the netting area😬7506EDA9-D399-4BFA-8AA8-4FF27B3654E0.thumb.jpeg.1272ee4658caf41d143e1bd1abc65600.jpeg6EFE463C-4FB9-474B-86B0-A6BB06082BEC.thumb.jpeg.bbccbd72ad45e17f5c422e15e0c99499.jpeg1B58570F-080F-4969-BC0A-1223C8067914.thumb.jpeg.51fd7315f362920360d3f080f6e20948.jpeg

21 hours ago, h.harris said:

Hmmm, that's strange. I've been there a few time and sat on the seat with the net couple time and never had to put down any money. Yup, these seat and the "bird nest" seat at this place are TG favorites. 

I think it depends how busy they are. I've been there when no deposit was needed but the place wasn't busy at all. I was there another time where it was packed and you needed to reserve the seats with the net. The time it was busy I agreed to the 1000 baht. Essentially what you're doing is agreeing to buy a 1000 baht gift certificate for permission to sit there which you can use immediately. So if you spend over 1000 then it goes right towards your bill. I think it might be to prevent people coming for a single drink or something and hogging those seats when they're busy.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Any recent experiences?

(the last posts are two years old)

Thanks. 

Edited by qbanana

Guilt from underpaying outweighs regret from overpaying.

35 minutes ago, qbanana said:

Any recent experiences?

I was there early this year. Was very much as depicted above. While perhaps slightly less instagramable, I find Sky Gallery (nearby) better. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Was there in January, it was surprisingly run down for a place that only opened a year ago. You’re paying for the view, as others have said.  Food at Sky Gallery is far superior. 

Oh and they also wanted everyone to prepay I think it was 300 baht just to get in which gets refunded at the end. Must have had a lot of people showing up for pictures then not buying anything and ruining it for everyone else. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/06/2023 at 20:45, Arnie85 said:

Oh and they also wanted everyone to prepay I think it was 300 baht just to get in which gets refunded at the end. Must have had a lot of people showing up for pictures then not buying anything and ruining it for everyone else. 

It's a Thai, especially girls Instagram heaven that's why.

Many just come to take video or photo without eating or drinking which is why they have adopted the entry charge.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

14 minutes ago, JuicyClamLover said:

It's a Thai, especially girls Instagram heaven that's why.

Many just come to take video or photo without eating or drinking which is why they have adopted the entry charge.

Yep and it’s actually aimed at Thai’s not foreigners. We tend to go there to eat and have a good night. Sure the TG in tow will take a bunch of pics but we’ll enjoy the food as well. 

As posted above, IMHO Sky Gallery has better food, it’s sister restaurant Oxygen has similar quality but service can be extremely slow due to its massive size. 

• Like 2

I always go at least twice everytime I visit Patts - normally with a new LLT, or a 'friend'/Ex LLT.

I have never had a bad night or bad meal there, and always enjoy it.  The girls LOVE it though.  It does get a bit annoying at times watching all the 'influencers' taking photos for instagram.

I've never trusted those nets yet, as they are probably designed for thais and not my pale fat farang ass.

Without threadfucking I hope:

I used to alternate this place with Cabbages and Condoms, and slightly preffered Cabbages & Condoms as the view I thought was as good as was the food, but it was not as 'in your face' as 3 mermaids with less of the annoying instagrammers.

Last two times I've been to cabbages and condoms its was a) dead and b) the food was bloody awful.  I'm a typical Brit that however bad things are will always say 'lovely' when I'm asked if my meal is okay, then have a moan once I've left.  The food was so cold when I was last there I actually sent the starters back, but they then retuned it microwaved so it was hot, but they had left the bloody salad on the plater so I had red hot lettuce.....

The steak I ordered was burnt on the outside and raw in the middle....which I have no idea how to manage to do that?

So, its three mermaids everytime for me now.

I have booked the "bird nest" seats for a number of meals.  They typically require a 2000 baht deposit, which is applied to your food and drinks.  Never had a problem hitting it with just me and a Thai girl.

Setting aside the "IG photo opp" nature of those seats, it's far more private and quieter.

That said, they tend to shake a bit, and I'm waiting for the day when I see in the news that one of them came crashing down....hopefully not featuring ME!  555

(and there's no way my fat ass is getting on one of those nets!)

Yes 3 Mermaids, Sky gallery all good.

If you want the same dramatic views (think kinda cliff-top overlooking a small bay) and top-notch Thai food then give Rimpa Lapin a whorl. Bit further out of town but a nice change of scenery/pace

Photo

Google maps

53 minutes ago, regyai said:

Yes 3 Mermaids, Sky gallery all good.

If you want the same dramatic views (think kinda cliff-top overlooking a small bay) and top-notch Thai food then give Rimpa Lapin a whorl. Bit further out of town but a nice change of scenery/pace

Photo

Google maps

Rimpa Lapin is very near our house. The Thai Wife tried it once with friends, while I was back in the States for a while. She says it sucks. 😉 That is an Isan lady opinion. She did like Preecha.

• Like 1

Well,

opinions as they say

Always gets good reviews and quite a Bangkokonian following

But if she likes Preecha tell her to go a little more south on that stretch and try Sinuan Seafood - gotta be the best there.

18 hours ago, Dr No said:

Yep and it’s actually aimed at Thai’s not foreigners. We tend to go there to eat and have a good night. Sure the TG in tow will take a bunch of pics but we’ll enjoy the food as well. 

As posted above, IMHO Sky Gallery has better food, it’s sister restaurant Oxygen has similar quality but service can be extremely slow due to its massive size. 

Yes I like Oxygen too, I'll have to give the Sky gallery the once over.

• Like 1

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

On 06/06/2023 at 05:06, Thomaz73 said:

I was there early this year. Was very much as depicted above. While perhaps slightly less instagramable, I find Sky Gallery (nearby) better. 

Agree with this. Food at 3 Mermaids was medicre. 

On 30/06/2023 at 06:38, mattmoore1965x said:

I always go at least twice everytime I visit Patts - normally with a new LLT, or a 'friend'/Ex LLT.

I have never had a bad night or bad meal there, and always enjoy it.  The girls LOVE it though.  It does get a bit annoying at times watching all the 'influencers' taking photos for instagram.

I've never trusted those nets yet, as they are probably designed for thais and not my pale fat farang ass.

Without threadfucking I hope:

I used to alternate this place with Cabbages and Condoms, and slightly preffered Cabbages & Condoms as the view I thought was as good as was the food, but it was not as 'in your face' as 3 mermaids with less of the annoying instagrammers.

Last two times I've been to cabbages and condoms its was a) dead and b) the food was bloody awful.  I'm a typical Brit that however bad things are will always say 'lovely' when I'm asked if my meal is okay, then have a moan once I've left.  The food was so cold when I was last there I actually sent the starters back, but they then retuned it microwaved so it was hot, but they had left the bloody salad on the plater so I had red hot lettuce.....

The steak I ordered was burnt on the outside and raw in the middle....which I have no idea how to manage to do that?

So, its three mermaids everytime for me now.

Went to C&C just 1 time & was turned off by how much sugar was added to the curry. 

On 30/06/2023 at 23:21, regyai said:

Well,

opinions as they say

Always gets good reviews and quite a Bangkokonian following

But if she likes Preecha tell her to go a little more south on that stretch and try Sinuan Seafood - gotta be the best there.

Thanks for the tip - I have added it to our "to try" list. Sorry to nit pick a little, but I think the name is "Srinuan Seafood". We are also partial to Aow Talay out of the pier in Bang Saray.

19 hours ago, Kickoff said:

Agree with this. Food at 3 Mermaids was medicre. 

Went to C&C just 1 time & was turned off by how much sugar was added to the curry. 

To each his own and that what makes the world go round. I thought the food at 3 Mermaids was better than decent. I went Sky Gallery once and was totally unimpressed.