IGNORED

Cozy Beach - 3 Mermaids & Sky Gallery

On 30/06/2023 at 20:38, mattmoore1965x said:

Without threadfucking I hope:

I used to alternate this place with Cabbages and Condoms, and slightly preffered Cabbages & Condoms as the view I thought was as good as was the food, but it was not as 'in your face' as 3 mermaids with less of the annoying instagrammers.

I tried "Cabbages and Condoms" in Bangkok twice way back in the day (maybe 2002 or so). I thought the food was bad and the place was a tourist trap feeding off of the fear from the HIV epidemic. Almost all of the guests were short term Farang tourists. Never tried the one in Pattaya.

went there a couple weeks ago for the first time lovely venue views etc… but the food was poor came out cold for a start and took forever. don’t think i would go back

Been a few times. The view is beautiful, especially at sunset however food is mediocre and service can be slow at times. 

Not worth starting another thread (maybe I’ll change the title of this one?) but four of us went to the Sky Gallery on Monday for a friends birthday. It rained heavily while we were in the taxis getting there so a mopping up operation was in progress when we arrived. He’d messaged to book a good table the day before and had to send a 1500 baht deposit. We were right at the front and had to wait about 20 minutes or so until the area had been dried.

Considering it was a Monday, low season and poor weather I was surprised how busy it was. People everywhere and hardly an empty table. The people constantly coming to the front to take photos was bloody annoying tbh.

We let the friend’s wife to order a mixture of food for us to share. Apologies for some of the photos but I’ve edited them to remove our group.

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_3236.jpeg

IMG_3237.jpegIMG_3238.jpeg

We ordered while waiting for the table but the food wasn’t particularly quick to arrive. None of it was really hot but most was at least warm when served. It was decent food and we all enjoyed it. Too much for 4 of us.

Friend’s wife paid so not sure of the cost but she said it wasn’t really that expensive when we offered some money towards it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

To add my 2 cents...

The place just down the hill (Lunar) and up the hill (Forest in the Sky) from 3 Mermaids are 100% worth a look IF you are looking for a picture taking restaurant spot for the overall view and not the restaurant created Instagram photo spots.  I preferred the food slightly more than 3 Mermaids, but it more upscale casual overall rather than Instagram spectacle.  I also like the Rose' Beer and I think it was 500 for a huge one at 3 Mermaids and like 350 at Lunar... so maybe slightly less expensive overall.  Various types of seating at both with inside and outside options as well in case it's just too hot out.  I think both are owned by the Sky Gallery group as the menu's were very similar (as was the menu at Glass House in Wong Amat).  

3 Mermaids is always a hit with TG's though... the photos.  They also have a decent live band that plays Farang / Thai / and maybe Japanese music later in the evening.  If its too hot you can usually ask for a fan to be positioned to help also.  Super easy the get Bolt to and from.  If fact when I tried to get a Bolt to Lunar it didn't come up so I went with 3 Mermaids and had the guy drop us off the 50 yards downhill at Lunar.

• davidge changed the title to Cozy Beach - 3 Mermaids & Sky Gallery