IGNORED

Email issues

Zathras

Noticed just today that emails from forum topics have changed.  They now contain a line or 2, ie preview, not the complete post.

How do I set it back to see the complete post?  Couldn't find anything under email or notification settings  :(

Noticed the change when the major upgrade happened last year. The one that put you out of business for a few days.

It was nice having the full text in an email, but in the end not a big deal as one would go to the forum anyway to read the  post and subsequent replies.

Wonder if this was another change where the software developer figured they knew better what you wanted, so took away the feature of full text emails. Kind of like the removal of numbering of posts. I remember tracking down and reading an interesting exchange on that subject on the Invision forum. The lead developer came across as a right know it all on what people wanted, and what modern UI's should look like, end user feedback be damned.

Edited by forcebwithu

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Noticed the change when the major upgrade happened last year. The one that put you out of business for a few days.

It was nice having the full text in an email, but in the end not a big deal as one would go to the forum anyway to read the  post and subsequent replies.

Wonder if this was another change where the software developer figured they knew better what you wanted, so took away the feature of full text emails. Kind of like the removal of numbering of posts. I remember tracking down and reading an interesting exchange on that subject on the Invision forum. The lead developer came across as a right know it all on what people wanted, and what modern UI's should look like, end user feedback be damned.

Correct bud although I would guess people would be fairly evenly split between the two options probably so I guess they try to 2nd guess the most popular. Ideally they would have made it one of the individual options but I can’t see it so they haven’t. 

Totally agree on the last point :) 

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Interesting that the change was noticed last year.  All I saw was a lack of photo's in emails, but the complete text was there.  Today I noticed the lack of majority text.

For me, I prefer the complete email options as it saves coming to the forum.  It's all in the email client.  So simple.  Plus you get to see the posts prior to moderator deletion ;)

And yeah, end user feedback be damned.  Sucks!

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if anyone had problems with Google/Gmail when they travel to LOS, or other far off lands? I ask this question because I have read about Google being sensitive to location, especially those that are far away from your normal domicile. If Google has records of you being in one location for a long time, and suddenly you’re in Thailand/Singapore, etc. might raise a red flag.

6 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

Just wondering if anyone had problems with Google/Gmail when they travel to LOS, or other far off lands? I ask this question because I have read about Google being sensitive to location, especially those that are far away from your normal domicile. If Google has records of you being in one location for a long time, and suddenly you’re in Thailand/Singapore, etc. might raise a red flag.

It’s true that it could raise a red flag, but don’t think that they will not allow you to login.

You can make sure to enable 2-STEP VERIFICATION on your Google account to enhance trust and security, if you not have already.

2 minutes ago, Dutcher said:

It’s true that it could raise a red flag, but don’t think that they will not allow you to login.

You can make sure to enable 2-STEP VERIFICATION on your Google account to enhance trust and security, if you not have already.

I was just typing this 55

Just need to make sure the linked number works overseas for receiving texts. Some don't.

37 minutes ago, simon6666 said:

Just need to make sure the linked number works overseas for receiving texts. Some don't.

I will check on it, thanks.

Edited by ctp2018

3 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

I will check on it, thanks.

SMS is not the only option.

Google account has also an option for generating a list of one time usable backup security codes that works together with 2 step verification. Can print the list.

And 2 step verification can also be used with a code generating smartphone app.

9 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

Not available in China...

3 hours ago, simon6666 said:

Just need to make sure the linked number works overseas for receiving texts

You can replace that with an authenticator app. 

Edit: should've read all comments before posting. 

Edited by Thomaz73

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I often receive 2 emails notifying the same post, not every time but a lot of times.

2 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I often receive 2 emails notifying the same post, not every time but a lot of times.

Maybe it sends a notification for every new comment. Or is it 2 for the same new comment?

19 minutes ago, Dutcher said:

Maybe it sends a notification for every new comment. Or is it 2 for the same new comment?

Duplication of the same post, as I said not every post but now quite a lot of them. I had a check done of my email system as I had another issue from Pattaya in not receiving replies from a taxi service.

As a side bar, I checked with a guy named Johnny Jet, a somewhat famous travel guy in the US, and he claims he never does anything to his email depending on where he’s traveling, and he’s traveling a lot. Doesn’t mean that 2 factor and authenticators aren’t good ideas though. Google has my phone # and recovery email.

Edited by ctp2018

19 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

If you really did read this, its nonsense. As long as you can login via any internet access, from anywhere in the world, then Google or gmail is always available. (only caveat is possibly a country blocking access to certain sites, which could include google, and most travellers know which countries have internet access blocks...China being one, and probably Russia for some sites during the past few mths).