Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Google Now Translates From & Into The Thai Language

pablo

my apologies if people are aware of this service.......i had a quick look in the learning thai forum and could not see any mention of it so i have decided to post it for people who dont know

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#

This means you can now at the push of a button translate 42 different languages

For instance With these tools, Thai-speaking users can translate anything from whole websites down to single words. They can also use keywords to search for web pages and have the results automatically translated back into Thai. In addition, Thai-language website owners can get a gadget that will instantly translate their sites into 42 languages.

here is the page to visit if you would like to translate from Thai to English & vice versa!

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#

Google translate Home is here!

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=th&tl=en

The service also allows users to suggest a better translation if they come across inaccurate translation.

This is really going to make life much more simple!

in general this is good news. It's usefull to get a good idea of what is being said and how you "might" say something in a different language.

To date, there is no software program that is 100% reliable, online or not.

These programs are a great tool, but are unable to translate something into its proper context. Also, many times if you do not properly input the sentence in English with more of the sentence structure that is used in the language you are translating to, you will get incorrect response.

I've used Google and Babelfish for years to chat with girls from Brazil. Sometimes I find it's best to repeat the same sentence, but type it differently in hope that the real message gets across to the person you sent it to.

It boggles the mind how many different things we say, the little euphemisms and slang terms that dominate out communication that don't actually translate into another language without real human translation and interaction.

But again, thanks for the update, I will use it frequently! Fo'Shizzle!

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.

It boggles the mind how many different things we say, the little euphemisms and slang terms that dominate out communication that don't actually translate into another language without real human translation and interaction.

Agree totally with this. This is the reason that its nigh on impossible to become fluent to this sort of level in another language.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

I think when people refer to being fluent of a language they don't mean they know everything. I doubt a french man who is fluent in english would last 5 minutes in a jordey pub talking about the early only fools and horses shows or the m4 bus lane :Grin3:

I think you'd have to either be born and live in a country until you're about 20 or have such an interest that you live and breath the foreign culture for a substantial amount of time as well to get to that level.

I would just like to get to the level where i can conversate with no problems about a wide range of topics and also read newspaper articles (that don't feature lots of cultural references etc etc :D )

I think when people refer to being fluent of a language they don't mean they know everything. I doubt a french man who is fluent in english would last 5 minutes in a jordey pub talking about the early only fools and horses shows or the m4 bus lane :unsure:

I think you'd have to either be born and live in a country until you're about 20 or have such an interest that you live and breath the foreign culture for a substantial amount of time as well to get to that level.

I would just like to get to the level where i can conversate with no problems about a wide range of topics and also read newspaper articles (that don't feature lots of cultural references etc etc :) )

that will be a Geordie Pub your talking about?

Its on the sucky side I'd say, I tried to get it to translate this....

ไม่มีตังโทรแล้วอ่า....รักอ้วน

LOL so its not too hot then. Always pretty sceptical about these types of software. Its probably ok for individual words and very simple sentences but anything else I'd say forget it.

I think when people refer to being fluent of a language they don't mean they know everything. I doubt a french man who is fluent in english would last 5 minutes in a jordey pub talking about the early only fools and horses shows or the m4 bus lane :)

I wouldnt last 5 mins in a jordy pub either. Cant understand a bloody word half the time.

Apologies if your a geordie herds :Evil_Grin2:

ahh, Geordie right? I'll remember the spelling. To be fair those translation pieces of software do an ok job but for passages they'll never get it perfectly spot on.

Its on the sucky side I'd say, I tried to get it to translate this....

ไม่มีตังโทรแล้วอ่า....รักอ้วน

Edited by pablo

Tried using this with a tg on msn and she didn't have a clue what I was saying. Furthermore, when she wrote back in thai and I got it google translated it didn't make any sense.