Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Using an AIS sim in the US

Here has been my dilemma - I have a Thai Bank account that wants to occasionally send me a text to verify my sign in and they send a message to my AIS sim card that only works in Thailand.  When I come to Thailand I usually buy some kind of weekly service for 120 baht for the 6 weeks I am there.  I then pay in 20 baht increments to my AIS number at the AIS machine in Central which gives me an extra month of service for every payment.  I can go up to 12 months in the future by doing that.  Is there a sim for AIS in which I could keep my number and occasionally put it into my phone to get a text message while I am in the US?  I can't get my bank to use my US cell number so it has to be a Thai number.   I don't care to text back and forth with anyone as I use FB and Line for that if I am out of Thailand and I am only in Thailand for 3 months a year usually.

BTW before someone suggests it - I did put my sim card in once in Japan just before my plane was to depart to Thailand and it completely drained my account of about 700 baht just trying to connect so I would like something that would be more reasonable.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

@doug - sorry about the VERY slow response, but I just noticed this thread while looking for something else.

My situation is undoubtly different than yours, but here is what I do.

I have a dual sim iPhone. The primary esim is set to AIS. I live here in Thailand most of the year. When back in the US I can receive sms on my AIS number. I get a US sim for the secondary number.  

Also - just to avoid problems as much as possible I set my Bangkok Bank Account to OTP off. They still OTP for some things, but as long as I am dealing with my own account or another Bangkok Bank account, there are notifications, but no OTP codes are required.