IGNORED

3Som Guesthouse LK Metro off Soi Diana Inn

Alleycat

Very nice place.

From the website:

We can arrange transportation with the original and authentic Mr. Dream, to and from the airport as well as local excursions and day trips, in a private car or van for a reasonable fee.

You might want to 'revamp' the website in this respect, given recent events. I suggest a change to PT; very reliable.

Also, could you elaborate as to which rooms i.e. standard, superior are located on which floor?

I plan on staying during Songkran & anything sans lift above the 1st floor is a no-no. :22600584-Th:

Peace. :Clap8:

sgu_banner.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3-Som Guesthouse and Bar

• Alleycat

• probe

• banksy

Very nice place.

From the website:

We can arrange transportation with the original and authentic Mr. Dream, to and from the airport as well as local excursions and day trips, in a private car or van for a reasonable fee.

You might want to 'revamp' the website in this respect, given recent events. I suggest a change to PT; very reliable.

Also, could you elaborate as to which rooms i.e. standard, superior are located on which floor?

I plan on staying during Songkran & anything sans lift above the 1st floor is a no-no. :22600584-Th:

Peace. :001_Thank_You5:

That was put on the website long before recent developments as we're all too familiar with the ex BM's tactics. The original Mr. Dream (actually Mr. Dim) is a very nice Thai man. Reliable and not a speed demon. He had his identity stolen by the impostor. He doesn't feel as though he should change his name because of someone else's actions. He had no idea anyone was using him as a front. We use him exclusively and have never had a problem. (Don't know PT or anything about them.)

As we're from the States we would consider all of the rooms above the first floor, where the entrance and bar are located. :P So as not to confuse myself or anyone else let me explain it this way. The first floor is the ground floor. The next floor up, the 2nd floor, has a budget room. The next floor, the 3rd, has a budget and a standard room. The top floor, or 4th, has a standard and superior. Hope that helps. We have no lift, but the stairs are not very steep (especially by Thai standards) and each flight has a landing. In our experience there aren't many guesthouses with lifts.

Thanks for your comments.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

Staying on Soi 6 was brutal.

What do you mean exactly: 'brutal'?

I was considering staying at the Queen Victoria on Soi 6 ...this April.

What about noise levels at the 3Som, and how long to reach Soi 6 and WS by bahtBus from 3Som?

thanks.

Thanks Alley fo the info. A few mate and I are visiting Patts in May This place seems good for us

Jolly Roger

I have just booked 3som guest house after reading a lot of good reviews. Dan was very nice and answered a lot of my questions plus as a board member you can get a 10% discount which makes the price hard to beat.

I will post a report after my stay there when I come back.

What about noise levels at the 3Som, and how long to reach soi 6 and WS by bahtBus from 3Som?

thanks.

By motorbike taxi it's about 5-7 minutes to Soi 6, depending on traffic. By Baht bus about 10-15. Walking I don't know, it's about 15-20 minutes to Pattaya Klang, but I'm slow. To Walking Street 5 minutes on a bike, 10 on a bus and walking I don't know. Maybe 20-30 minutes.

The music in the bar usually isn't all that loud, especially compared to some other nearby bars. It gets turned down at 1 AM and off at 2 AM when the bar closes. The exception would be if there was a party with live music on the soi. Even then the BIB have been shutting things down at 2:30 or 3 AM. None of the bars on the soi play loud music all night anymore.

As has been discussed earlier...if you walk to Soi Buakhoa, maybe 30 meters, there are buses that go both ways. Heading south, 95% of the time they turn right on Pattaya Tai and then turn at 2nd road. If you get off there you are 30 meters or so from Walking Street and 20 from Soi 14. Why anyone would want to walk 50-60 meters to 2nd Road and get a bus that goes all the way around and down Beach Road is beyond me. If you walked another 40 meters past Mike's Shopping Mall you'd be on Beach Road and could get a bus there.

Lolita's is 1 minute and Devils's Den is 3 minutes.

Hope this helps.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

• 5 weeks later...

I have just booked 3som guest house after reading a lot of good reviews. Dan was very nice and answered a lot of my questions plus as a board member you can get a 10% discount which makes the price hard to beat.

I will post a report after my stay there when I come back.

Same same mate booked for August Dan was a great help and the discount is a bonus :GoldenSmile1: and it looks and sound good be good to meet you all thanks banksy

Its nice to be important but more important to be nice

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comments. Looking forward to meeting those who've booked.

We've recently added new staff and reorganized and are quite pleased with the results. Stop by and meet our new Mamasan Wee, Fon and Lek our new cashiers and Pon the new housekeeper.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

You have got some stunners working! Do you have any rooms open this up coming week?

PM sent.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

• 2 weeks later...

Really shows what paying that little extra can bring you. There are a good number of places in Patts where you can pay 400-500 and you get a room and shower that seem enough. But just that extra 100-200 and you can get into a place which you could nearly call a home.

Just as well I didn't believe that agent in Bangkok who said I couldn't get a place in Patts for under 800. They'd probably have booked me into a 400 place and pocketed the rest themselves.

I have never checked the rooms but I would add this.

I would definitely make the owner.manager part of the criteria when I chose somewhere to stay and having spent some time with him the last few weeks (including getting pissed with 3 BMs when I only went for one coke) I can vouch that not only he very honorable but a thoroughly nice bloke too.

Good to see so many good words from members here for a bar that is very supportive of this forum.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have never checked the rooms but I would add this.

I would definitely make the owner.manager part of the criteria when I chose somewhere to stay and having spent some time with him the last few weeks (including getting pissed with 3 BMs when I only went for one coke) I can vouch that not only he very honorable but a thoroughly nice bloke too.

Good to see so many good words from members here for a bar that is very supportive of this forum.

Don't feel bad about the Coke. Two of those BMs dropped by for a drink a few days later about 8 PM and the next thing I knew it was 4 AM and we were on Walking Street.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

I think you are spot on. The owners who go out of their way to make sure that their guests have a good time are certainly worthy and deserving of our support. In most cases the quality of the room can become secondary if the owner is on site and friendly. I know I would rather take a room of a lesser standard in a place where the owner is 'one of the boys' rather than a superior room in a place where the owner is never about. I am not suggesting for 1 minute that the rooms in 3Som are of a lesser quality than any others - just making a point.

We've just added a love-seat and cocktail table in room 8 and we believe it compares favorably to the Metro Superior rooms. Room 6 and 7 compare to Metro's standard rooms. Rooms 1 and 4 are smaller budget style rooms.

Since Alan posted photos of room 8 I won't add any here.

Rooms 1 and 4:

1_in.jpg

1_bed.jpg

1_mic.jpg

Room 6

6_bed.jpg

6_desk.jpg

6_view.jpg

Room 7

7_bed.jpg

7_kitchen.jpg

7_tv.jpg

Front view

8_view.jpg

Rear view

7_view.jpg

Rooms 6 and 8 are in the front and rooms 1, 4 and 7 face the rear.

Thank you all for your interest.

Sometimes I can only see pix if I quote the post (which is why I did so here). Thanks for posting them, I'll be in touch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the good response to our April and May promotion. We have some limited availability in April but good availability in May.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

• 3 months later...

Thanks to everyone for the good response to our April and May promotion. We have some limited availability in April but good availability in May.

See you all this sunday and thanks for the good deal with the Pattaya Addicts discount :10of10Score:

• 2 weeks later...
See you all this sunday and thanks for the good deal with the Pattaya Addicts discount :10of10Score:

It was good to meet you Banksy. Hope you enjoy your holiday. The girls are all happy you're here. :Grin_Jump1:

probe

• 3 weeks later...

It was good to meet you Banksy. Hope you enjoy your holiday. The girls are all happy you're here. :Grin_Jump1:

Yes had a great time there probe will be coming to stay there again next songkran just waitin for the prices. Thought the staff were fantastic so will not be leavin for another guesthouse next time. Will end up stayin there all ma holiday. I would reccomend anyone to stay there :10of10Score:

• 2 months later...

Hi do you have any availability for 27 november to 4th December?

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/46836-taffsters-october-2009-trip-report/">2009 trip report

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/66816-taffster-november-2011-trip/">2011 trip report

Hi do you have any availability for 27 november to 4th December?

@banksy: At this time we have no plans to raise the rates.

@ Taffster: Email sent.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

We have very limited availability in November. Some availablility in December and good availability from the 13th of January. Thanks in large part to the support of Addicts members.

When requesting a reservation please use email [email protected] and visit our website 3sompattaya.com as we're having a hard drive issue at the moment and email is easier to access. Also please mention your board name in the email to qualify for your Addicts 10% discount on rooms.

Thank you.

Edited by gogo dog
link fixed

probe

• 3 months later...
When requesting a reservation please use email 3Som Email and visit our website. 3sompattaya.com ...please mention your board name in the email to qualify for your Addicts 10% discount on rooms.

Thank you.

We're offering a special for March. Rooms booked this month (Feb)for occupancy next month (Mar) for 5 days or more will receive an additional 5% discount. That makes the Addicts discount 15% for March. That's on top of our weekly and monthly discounted rates.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great stay there, nice people, great location and great prices.

• 7 months later...

Just a reminder that Addicts members receive a 10% discount off the room rates. Just be sure to include your board name in the email inquiry. 3Som Email

All guests receive a 10% discount off their bar tab once the total reaches 1,000 Baht. This includes lady drinks and bar fines.

Please try and book early to ensure we can provide the room you prefer.

We can arrange transportation to and from the airport or other destinations and if there's interest we can take a small group to Ban Chang for an evening bar crawl.

We are located on Soi LK Metro. lkmetro sign.png If you haven't been there in a while you should check it out. There have been a lot of changes in the last year and there are more on the way.

Thanks to Addicts for your great support.

3Som website

su3.jpg

p1010776.png

Edited by 3-Som Guesthouse and Bar

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com