IGNORED

3Som Guesthouse LK Metro off Soi Diana Inn

Alleycat

Here are a couple of newer photos of room 8. It now has a love-seat and cocktail table.

P1000995.jpg

P1000998.jpg

We currently have a few openings in May and June, but July and August are almost fully booked. Thanks to Addicts and it's members for allowing 3-Som to serve your accommodation needs while in Pattaya.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3-Som Guesthouse and Bar

• Alleycat

• Golden Oldie

• banksy

Good to hear you are filling up on the bookings, must admit, I thihk for the price, the rooms really are excellent and the latest additions can only improve the value and comfort. For those on a budget, you will be hard pressed to find better VFM :P

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

hmm.. i i´might very well use that nesxt time :D

-norry-

I visited the 3Som Bar and checked their rooms and I must say they are very good value for money IMO and great for those on a budget.

These are pic's from one of the rooms, which is spacious and well appointed with Air Con, TV and DVD, comfortable bed and shower room/WC.

This was the only room available for me to photograph as all the other rooms were occupied.

116.JPG

114.JPG

113.JPG

115.JPG

The rates for Room 8, which I looked at are: Daily: 700, Weekly: 4,000 and

monthly: 15,000. Not counting an Addicts 10% discount.

Room 7 on the same floor

is a little smaller but has a kitchenette and window facing West.

Room 6 is on the second floor and has a balcony. It's a little smaller

still. They are: Daily: 600, Weekly: 3,500 and monthly:

Those wishing to stay there sould Contact BM Probe via PM and he will assist you.

-norryman-

Good to hear you are filling up on the bookings, must admit, I thihk for the price, the rooms really are excellent and the latest additions can only improve the value and comfort. For those on a budget, you will be hard pressed to find better VFM :NoNo3:

I totally agree!! :NoNo3: thats why I have booked my room wil be there July thru to August :GoldenSmile1::)

I totally agree!! :NoNo3: thats why I have booked my room wil be there July thru to August :GoldenSmile1::)

same same i booked from june to august cant wait.

im also there june to august cant wait.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

• 2 weeks later...

this looks great and have read good reports on here. do you have to book in advance? will be there around 5th july.

BIGSY

this looks great and have read good reports on here. do you have to book in advance? will be there around 5th july.

:Drunk_Party: Yes if you want a room!! I booked 3months in advance :Whistle:

i see your from n.ireland mate so am i you should book in to this guesthouse me and my brother are staying here for 2 months so would be good to have another ulsterman staying in the hotel.

Thanks to Alleycat and everyone for the kind words and bookings.

Everyone here has been working hard to make sure that we provide a clean, comfortable place to stay while in Pattaya. Check us out. You may be pleasantly surprised. www.3sompattaya.com

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

Thanks to Alleycat and everyone for the kind words and bookings.

Everyone here has been working hard to make sure that we provide a clean, comfortable place to stay while in Pattaya. Check us out. You may be pleasantly surprised. www.3sompattaya.com

:P Love your website , very imformative , great pic's see you 30th July :P

I have several questions. Is the bed kingsize? What type of security do you have for valuables? Is there an elevator? Do you accept credit cards?

I have several questions. Is the bed kingsize? What type of security do you have for valuables? Is there an elevator? Do you accept credit cards?

The budget rooms and standard rooms have Queen size beds and the superior room has a king size bed.

All rooms have wall mounted safes. Four floors, no elevator, but the stairs are not real steep.

We can't take credit cards but accept deposits and payments via Paypal.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by 3-Som Guesthouse and Bar

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

Tried to book in here on the offchance when I needed a room at short notice as I feel the rooms are real VFM, but they were full. This place seems to be rightly catching on :GoldenSmile1:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

HI Guys.

Sorry but what is a love seat, I feel I should have one ??/

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

HI Guys.

Sorry but what is a love seat, I feel I should have one ??/

Here are a few examples mate :GoldenSmile1:

loveseat.jpg

loveseat_det_ambient5lores.jpg

ALLEY

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

Here is my two cents worth.

I stayed at 3Som Nov. 19th through Dec. 8th 2008

Jason was the manager then and I was treated very well.

I stayed in room #5 top floor back side of bar.

Pros:

room was cleaned daily

nice kitchenette

you could leave AIRCON on all day (Most places have that STUPID!!!!! keyring thing that shuts off the electricity when you leave the room)

price point

free WIFI

Cons:

Small bathroom (shower gets the entire bathroom wet)

Toilet had a VERY weak flush

bed legs had rollers on bottom, so bed tended to move about during sex.

mattress still had plastic wrap on in, which made it a bit noisy but the most annoying thing was the fitted sheet kept sliding off because of the plastic.

small bar area

pool table was not up to good standard

no aircon in bar area

I have a question for the the readers.

Are all beds in Pattaya hard as a rock?

I have been to Pattaya 4 times now and every time the beds are EXTRA FIRM.

Fuck me, does anyone have a medium or soft firmness by USA standards?

Edited by Murphy

Well,

Pros:

room was cleaned daily

nice kitchenette

you could leave AIRCON on all day (Most places have that STUPID!!!!! keyring thing that shuts off the electricity when you leave the room)

price point

free WIFI

Cons:

mattress still had plastic wrap on in, which made it a bit noisy but the most annoying thing was the fitted sheet kept sliding off because of the plastic.

small bar area

no aircon in bar area

You need to upgrade hotels for a decent matress IMO.

The worst hotels are some of the thai ones, the matress is made of polystyrene

Well,

Pros:

room was cleaned daily

nice kitchenette

price point

free WIFI

Cons:

small bar area

no aircon in bar area

Murphy,

Thank you for your comments. Did you make your concerns about the bed, toilet and small bath known to the manager?

In late December and early January there were a number of changes/improvements made in the rooms. Some new mattresses were purchased and with those that had been purchased in the fall all the beds have a good mattress and box spring except 1 budget room (we have plans for that), and most rooms have a wooden platform bed with no rollers. Similar to a waterbed bed frame. The mattresses are firm, but not as firm as some others we've seen. Most Thais sleep on a mat on the floor, so the mattresses they sell probably seem plush to them.

Many new linens and towels were also purchased during this time.

In early February we had our builder go through all the bathrooms and make sure everything was working properly. He repaired and reseated that toilet and also re-sealed the floor grout and shower drains in all the rooms. We then added shelves for soap and shampoo near the showers for easy access.

We are a single shop wide business and try to make the most of our square footage, but it is what it is. If you look around the area you can see how other bars of the same size are attempting to manage their space. We're limited by the amount of floor space we have, but we can seat 24 people inside and outside comfortably and still have the pool table. Adding Air-Con to the bar would add a lot of expense. The bar area has to be sealed plus the units purchased and installed. We have 7 ceiling fans plus a floor fan and a rear window that faces an open area and allows for air circulation. It's hot in Thailand but moving air can make a big difference. Take a look around at the local air-conditioned bars and see how often they actually are. The Metro Bar is always. Most others aren't. We currently have no plans to air condition the bar.

The pool table surface was damaged during a party in November when it was used as a buffet table and no protection was used allowing food and liquids to spill on it. We are currently looking at having it recovered. It's also slightly out of level and we are addressing that as well.

Leaving your room air-con on while you're out puts pressure on the price point you mentioned. This isn't the States and guesthouses operate on a small margin. Electricity costs a business a lot. We recently discussed this with 2 other owners in the area. Leaving the air on constantly can add 200 Baht a day to the room expense. You can see from a business standpoint that either costs have to be kept low or prices have to rise. When you go out for hours and leave the air con on you are driving prices up. If it's turned off when you return, turn it on and take a shower. When you come out you will feel the air con and in a few minutes the room will be cool. Next trip try renting a room where you pay the utilities and see for yourself. The room costs are lower because you're covering the utility expense. We do not employ a key system, but do ask that you turn off the air if you're going to be out for more than an hour or so. Help us keep our prices down.

The bathrooms in rooms 7 (formerly 5) and 8 are actually a decent size. Bathrooms without an enclosed shower tend to get wet when you shower. Check around and see at what price point you can find a room with an enclosed shower.

I've attached photos of the bathrooms in rooms 7 & 8. It's a little hard to tell the size by them, but the shower, toilet and sink are not right on top of each other. I've also attached a photo of the bed in the room you stayed in as it looks now.

Room 7 bath

7_bath.jpg

Bed

7_bed.jpg

Room 8 bath.

8_bath.jpg

We appreciate your input. Suggestions from our customers allow us opportunities to improve.

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com

Thank you for your response.

I am happy to hear you addressed the bed frame and toilet issues.

Don't get me wrong, I found 3Som to be a good place to stay especially if you are on a budget.

I found the Staff to be friendly and helpful. If I stay at 3Som on my next trip I will bring a set of those sheet tie downs along. I understand the reasoning for leaving the plastic on the mattress but it was very annoying that every time slid around a bit the sheet would slide off the mattress because of the slippery surface of the plastic.

• 2 months later...

3 som just got back from my last trip to pattaya and i must admit i wished i booked a week here thinking of booking a week with you next august

2 questions no 1 if i book a budget room with you next august what do you think the price will be with my P A discount as i am a trusted member

no 2 are you G/F on the rooms no charges dont get me wrong where i stayed this year in soi 7 the owners became good friends and i will stay there again next year but i want the first week at yours send me a pm about the first question if you want :Think1:

Edited by banksy

Its nice to be important but more important to be nice

• 3 weeks later...

3Som is named that for a reason. Girls, ladies, ladyboys. Up to you. No joiner fees.

Every room but room 4 has new/newer bedding. Room 4 to be upgraded soon. All beds are Queen size except room 8 which is king size.

New pics of room 8 were just added to the website. 3Som

probe

3Som is named that for a reason. Girls, ladies, ladyboys. Up to you. No joiner fees.

Every room but room 4 has new/newer bedding. Room 4 to be upgraded soon. All beds are queen size except room 8 which is king size.

New pics of room 8 were just added to the website. 3Som

Received a new mattress in room 1 on our recent stay. Nice and comfortable. Hope you got those matress protecters I mentioned to you Dan??

• 2 months later...

We would like everyone to know that we've been doing some upgrading in the last month.

We've upgraded to flat screen TVs in the Standard and Superior rooms. Purchased a couple more inner spring mattresses for the rooms, all rooms now have mattress and foundation. Upgraded our internet and wi-fi. We are also in the process of acquiring some new towels and linens.

As a reminder, Pattaya Addicts members receive a 10% discount off the room rates if booked through this site or if you identify yourself as a member if you book by email.

We also have uploaded a few videos on Youtube. Here 3Som Youtube

Hope to see you when you're in Pattaya.

P1010571.jpg

The 3Som team.

Our email.

3sompattaya.com