Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sending Cigarettes from Thailand

money number 1

I was talking to a friend yesterday who tells me that a mate of his lives in patts and sends cigarettes back to the uk for a nice profit every week was jus wondering if anyone has done it and got them through customs ok. Any info on where to buy cheap fags and post them from thanks.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

I know for a fact that you can use standard Thailand Post shipping parcels to anywhere for a fair fee to ship smokes out of Thailand and its perfectly legal. Easy and safe to do. Try it. I used to do it a while back sending Marlboro Lights to my Uncle in the States some years back, made a little extra on the side too!

Burn rubber not your soul.

can you get english brands in thailand? (benson and hedges for example). i'm not a smoker so this is not something i would have noticed on my last trip.

It will get to UK no bother but customs now hold onto parcels until duty is paid (around 30-40% of all parcels checked).

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

I dont smoke. In Thailand I leave it to others!

And what does the fact you don't smoke have to do with a thread about exporting cigarettes ??

And what does the fact you don't smoke have to do with a thread about exporting cigarettes ??

sorry i couldn't find one of those shaking head emoticon thingys for you.

What profit can you make by sending cartons of cigarettes to the UK if you declare to the customs properly?

And I assume this is what you want to do.

Because other than in a post before I know for a FACT that sending a certain amount of cigarettes to the EU

and NOT DECLARING it to the customs IS NOT (quote Miobikerboyz): 'perfectly legal. Easy and safe to do'.

Not for the shipper and not for the acceptor. And I can't belive that it is legal in the US. At least if we are talking

about an amount of more that one carton. That leads me again to my question what profit can you legally

make with that small amount???

FACT is that parcels coming from outside the EU will be checked by tracking dogs. I can assure you others

before you had the same idea like you. But the guys at the EU-customs are not stupid.

If you still want to try it - up to you. I recommend - get a real job.

Edited by Khunsingha

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

its a risk just same if u were bringin em back on flight,most places willl spot them wen scanned,theres no point in doin it if u declare it cos tax will drive price up,good money to be made its how i pay for my flights back to pats.

to Khunsingha- its kinda hard to cum across a job in these times

Next door to mikes shopping center on the beach front there is a multi shop place you really need to look for it and the cigs are cheap in there thats where i get mine from.

I know a guy in Patts who used to send em to the uk in a crate of towels. He used to get about 90% of them thru, as the packing note said towels. Eventually customs got wise and started confiscating em.

I recommend - get a real job.

I have a real job but i want to make a bit of money on the side.Is that ok

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

What profit can you make by sending cartons of cigarettes to the UK if you declare to the customs properly?

And I assume this is what you want to do.

Because other than in a post before I know for a FACT that sending a certain amount of cigarettes to the EU

and NOT DECLARING it to the customs IS NOT (quote Miobikerboyz): 'perfectly legal. Easy and safe to do'.

Not for the shipper and not for the acceptor. And I can't belive that it is legal in the US. At least if we are talking

about an amount of more that one carton. That leads me again to my question what profit can you legally

make with that small amount???

FACT is that parcels coming from outside the EU will be checked by tracking dogs. I can assure you others

before you had the same idea like you. But the guys at the EU-customs are not stupid.

If you still want to try it - up to you. I recommend - get a real job.

i know a lot of people who have shipped cigarettes back to the u.k from thailand and never been caught! it is also easy to get cigarettes back in youe suitcase so i think you will find eu customs are stupid. if you have a freind who has a business in the u.k customs dont usually check the package. And why are you so worried if its legal or not KHUNSINGHA? as you have nothing to worry about as you are not the sender or the reciever!

i bought 20 cartons in patts, took them in my case, then bought 25 cartons in airport, took them in hand luggage, took a chance and got through heathrow, made £ I000, WILL DO THE SAME IN APRIL

I know loads that have done it in the past, now I do not know anyone as they say nearly every package is getting stopped at customs. Things may have changed in the last year but as far as I know it is a no go

Simple facts are these

Many people do it

Many people get away with it

Its only legal if the duty is paid in the UK and that wipes out any profit

Illegal if duty not paid

Needs to be done in bulk to make any real money and if they DO get stopped thats your cash up in smoke.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have a real job but i want to make a bit of money on the side.Is that ok

Sure is it's ok to make a bit of money on the side. But I think you haven't really

contemplate over the consistencies that you have to face if something goes wrong

or it works not as you have planned it. You seem to be a kind young man. Don't

ruin your life or your holidays in Patts for the next few years because you have to pay

a fine for doing something illegal. I know this 'business-plan' that you suggest seems

to be easy. But it's not funny and easy anymore if you get caught. Why not get second

job? Or maybe try and study something that you like to get a better paid job.

Anyway - I hope you will think about that again.

i know a lot of people who have shipped cigarettes back to the u.k from thailand and never been caught! it is also easy to get cigarettes back in youe suitcase so i think you will find eu customs are stupid. if you have a freind who has a business in the u.k customs dont usually check the package. And why are you so worried if its legal or not KHUNSINGHA? as you have nothing to worry about as you are not the sender or the reciever!

What's wrong with you? There is a BM asking if it's ok to smuggle goods into the UK. Do you really want to encourage him to do

so? If thats what you want to say I would say 'shame on you'.

What's wrong with you? There is a BM asking if it's ok to smuggle goods into the UK. Do you really want to encourage him to do

so? If thats what you want to say I would say 'shame on you'.

the way you are talking he is doing a big smuggling operation! he is sending a few cartons of cigarettes home to make a few £ big deal.

i know lots of my friends who have did it and never been caught.

and how will he get a fine? if he doesnt put his name on it then he will be o.k.easy. o.p i say go for it and i hope it works out for you.

and how will he get a fine? if he doesnt put his name on it then he will be o.k.easy. o.p i say go for it and i hope it works out for you.

any import tax due on a parcel is usually down to the person receiving the parcel to pay on delivery either when the postman knocks on the door or via a letter from customs saying they have your parcel do you want it if so pay X amount or its destroyed , least thats how its worked on the few occasions ive imported something