IGNORED

Windows Edge

mongo2

Once again I am having computer problems.  This time it is my carelady's laptop.

The laptop is an HP, not very old, running Windows 10 Home Edition.

Today when she turns it on and enters her password, rather than opening, it first displays a window from Services that tells her to use the recommended Browser.  (which just happens to be Edge).  There is a separate box outlined with dashes that appears to me if you click on that the laptop will change your current browser to Edge.  There is another box, not outlined with dashes, that essentially says "Do not change my browser settings"  and a third small box in the lower right corner that simply says "Apply".  She does not want to use Edge.  She wants to continue to use Chrome.  So, she clicks on the "Do not change my browser settings"  but it does not function.  Lastly there is a fourth small box in the lower left corner  that says "Skip this for now".  Clicking on that box brings up another window that asks her to enter her password for Hotmail.  She enters it but the window tells her it is incorrect and to try again.  She has her Hotmail password written in a book so she knows it is not incorrect.

What to do?  As it is she cannot get past that Edge window and cannot use the laptop.

hard to say. the following might help:
select edge as default browser to get past the window. then if that works, press windows key, then enter "default" and go to default apps. there, select chrome again as default browser. should be very straightforward.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

17 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

1000 baht to petehoax?  555+

i'll spend it on poor thai single mothers, promised! :D 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Running Win 10 Home version 2004 and Edge, I suddenly have to sign in to Gmail and all forums every time in spite of checking remember me and Save password. Problem for approx 1 week but no problem on Android devices. Anybody have any ideas please?

save.JPG.11307895be979e7550ca804f000b2b27.JPG                    1413988111_save2.JPG.9cd6723d53dc27ea2e57d7c9a17e6688.JPG

sounds like edge browser cannot (or does not) access your local  cookies. 
in edge browser, go into settings --> cookies --> cookies and site permissions (or simply click on edge://settings/content/cookies or add this url into your edge browser). 
is the top setting there on? "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)"

3 hours ago, petehoax said:

sounds like edge browser cannot (or does not) access your local  cookies. 
in edge browser, go into settings --> cookies --> cookies and site permissions (or simply click on edge://settings/content/cookies or add this url into your edge browser). 
is the top setting there on? "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)"

"Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)"    ON

Block third-party cookies  OFF

Also, Settings -Profiles - Passwords

Offer to save passwords ON

Sign in automatically ON

Show the "Reveal password" button in password fields ON

Saved passwords

Pattaya Addicts, Google etc

Never had a problem until this week although installed updates include Win update to 2004 and several Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus.