IGNORED

Purchase with seller finance wanted - 2/3 bed villa/condo

Saturn888

On 05/12/2020 at 18:18, Saturn888 said:

Something similar terms on financial structure is ideal. Only problem with that one is that its very small for me, at  only 37 sqm

Try Thompsons the commercials  promote seller finance regularly.

https://www.thompsonspropertypattaya.com/

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Out of interest what do people expect condo price to be in Thailand in next 10 years? If you were to make a prediction? Hard as it may be.

Some analysts like CBRE, Jones Lang etc have predicted prices to be up 80-100% from today. 

Last 10 years we saw prices up about (obviously some areas will be up much more than others) 6% per years, which compounded would give about 80% growth over last 10 years - not too bad and much more if factor in rental profits , for those that also rented out.

I think it still is a good time to invest and future returns could be well more than last 10 years - obviously investing in a good location with a well managed condo.  

11 minutes ago, Saturn888 said:

Out of interest what do people expect condo price to be in Thailand in next 10 years? If you were to make a prediction? Hard as it may be.

Some analysts like CBRE, Jones Lang etc have predicted prices to be up 80-100% from today. 

Last 10 years we saw prices up about (obviously some areas will be up much more than others) 6% per years, which compounded would give about 80% growth over last 10 years - not too bad and much more if factor in rental profits , for those that also rented out.

I think it still is a good time to invest and future returns could be well more than last 10 years - obviously investing in a good location with a well managed condo.  

Are the analysts independent or do they have a vested interested in pushing an agenda of getting people to buy which increases the value of the asset they are peddling and increased commissions and so forth.

How any analyst could really make any sort of prediction about long term condo prices in Thailand is pretty mystifying, unless its to push there own interests.

We dont know how the covid will play out, how the vaccine will work, how the political instability in Thailand. How China is going to manage things in the future and how countries will react to having Chinese retire to there countries. already the Philippines government has got rid of there SRRV Visa because they don't want Chinese using it as they have been setting up illegeal online gaming businesses in Philippines with it. That I found surprising as there president is an ally of China.

We dont know how soon Thailand will accept tourists again or even if they want the sorts of mass tourism they have in the past.

All of this and many many other factors will effect demand for condos. Visa retirement rules will change and maybe long term expaats now will head for somewhere else depending on the changes. Might be a glut of condos on the market which will drop prices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saturn888 said:

A shockingly bad return vs 11.68% in the S&P over the same period.

2 hours ago, vedder529 said:

Are the analysts independent or do they have a vested interested in pushing an agenda of getting people to buy which increases the value of the asset they are peddling and increased commissions and so forth.

How any analyst could really make any sort of prediction about long term condo prices in Thailand is pretty mystifying, unless its to push there own interests.

We dont know how the covid will play out, how the vaccine will work, how the political instability in Thailand. How China is going to manage things in the future and how countries will react to having Chinese retire to there countries. already the Philippines government has got rid of there SRRV Visa because they don't want Chinese using it as they have been setting up illegeal online gaming businesses in Philippines with it. That I found surprising as there president is an ally of China.

We dont know how soon Thailand will accept tourists again or even if they want the sorts of mass tourism they have in the past.

All of this and many many other factors will effect demand for condos. Visa retirement RULES will change and maybe long term expaats now will head for somewhere else depending on the changes. Might be a glut of condos on the market which will drop prices.

Agree. I never trusts those reviews linked to real estate news sales pushing their sales. However, some of thee views are by some relative neutral analysts (unless they have some agenda with some investment funds promoting country sales) for whole list of countries. Granted with Covid and future global economies impact will make the predictions somewhat distorted. Although, reports do have some merit if the middle class Chinese hit Thailand (plus growing number of other Asian countries).

41 minutes ago, 1500B said:

A shockingly bad return vs 11.68% in the S&P over the same period.

Great bull run but next 10 years could not be so great. Well overdue for a correction. Plus no leverage in index funds like real estate. Granted, I like holding both real estate and index funds.

I have also seen some condo units advertised where apartment is held in buyers name and also owners have a share in the land (all apartment owners apparently have a shared ownership) but they renew every 30 years at 1% property price. Are  there any pitfalls with those and do they hold their value. An agent I spoke to stated that is better than just freehold in the apartment name given risk condos are on ownership of land? Or is that how most condos are structured to protect buyer?

Edited by Saturn888

21 hours ago, Saturn888 said:

I have also seen some condo units advertised where apartment is held in buyers name and also owners have a share in the land (all apartment owners apparently have a shared ownership) but they renew every 30 years at 1% property price. Are  there any pitfalls with those and do they hold their value. An agent I spoke to stated that is better than just freehold in the apartment name given risk condos are on ownership of land? Or is that how most condos are structured to protect buyer?

Actually ignore that. Seems was a hotel-apartment style investment.