IGNORED

British Airways discount

Celtic 1888

I know it would be pretty foolish to book flights to Thailand right now but British Airways are offering 20% off flights using the code “BASpecial”. Brings the cost of a return flight from LHR-BKK travelling on 06/07/2021-27/07/2021 (my very optimistic dates) down to £462. May help out some of life’s gamblers. 

Note- I am in no way advising anyone to book. I personally do not think it will be open by then but later dates and other destinations will be available. 

Edited by Celtic 1888
My time machine broke.

7 minutes ago, vjv8 said:

That’s because you return before you leave !!

Well spotted. Fixed now. Lol. 

On 25/11/2020 at 10:58, Celtic 1888 said:

I know it would be pretty foolish to book flights to Thailand right now but British Airways are offering 20% off flights using the code “BASpecial”. Brings the cost of a return flight from LHR-BKK travelling on 06/07/2021-27/07/2021 (my very optimistic dates) down to £462. May help out some of life’s gamblers. 

Note- I am in no way advising anyone to book. I personally do not think it will be open by then but later dates and other destinations will be available. 

I have booked flight for June 2021. My thinking is that every country will need the tourist $ by then and was hoping a vaccine would be discovered . It has.! 

Worse case scenario I will have to change dates.....

Hail Hail

Did have a look at flights but won't  be pulling the trigger on them till much nearer time of departure. Hopefully restrictions will have eased quite a bit by then. 

1 hour ago, The Falang said:

I have booked flight for June 2021. My thinking is that every country will need the tourist $ by then and was hoping a vaccine would be discovered . It has.! 

Worse case scenario I will have to change dates.....

Hail Hail

1 hour ago, Baddave said:

Did have a look at flights but won't  be pulling the trigger on them till much nearer time of departure. Hopefully restrictions will have eased quite a bit by then. 

I’m itching to book for July. July is the only month I can go so its the realisation that if I can’t go in 2021 it’s 20 months before I’ll have a chance again. Monitoring travel news constantly. 

11 minutes ago, Celtic 1888 said:

I’m itching to book for July. July is the only month I can go so its the realisation that if I can’t go in 2021 it’s 20 months before I’ll have a chance again. Monitoring travel news constantly. 

Looking on Kayak and LHR-BKK with Lufthansa/Swiss is just over £400

Apologies if this is a thread f**k but has any one  had any experience with a flight been cancelled with British Airways? I had a flight booked for May this year, got cancelled and was given a voucher which I used to rebook for February 2021, which isn't going to happen. So the question I have is do I need to contact them or will they get onto me come nearer the date that I was due to fly? I have gone online and onto 'manage my booking' to see if I could change the dates that way but it's not giving me the option, and it's just a nightmare trying to get through to them by phone. TIA.

1 hour ago, Baddave said:

Lufthansa/Swiss is just over £400

These are not direct flights. I think it’s worth £49 extra to fly direct with BA. 

1 hour ago, Rambo2201 said:

Apologies if this is a thread f**k but has any one  had any experience with a flight been cancelled with British Airways? I had a flight booked for May this year, got cancelled and was given a voucher which I used to rebook for February 2021, which isn't going to happen. So the question I have is do I need to contact them or will they get onto me come nearer the date that I was due to fly? I have gone online and onto 'manage my booking' to see if I could change the dates that way but it's not giving me the option, and it's just a nightmare trying to get through to them by phone. TIA.

Not with BA but I’ve had 2 sets of flights cancelled during this. (Not to Los). Both times i was told if the plane took off then I would need to be on it or cancel and pay associated fees. Both times they ended up cancelling a while later and issuing refunds. 

For me, until I know I can definitely go, I'd rather keep my money in my pocket than give it to some airline for unknown number of months

20 hours ago, Rambo2201 said:

If it's a non refundable ticket. You will have to wait until BA contact you . As BA are not on Thailand's . flight list. Their is a good chance of cancellation . 

I don’t want the hassle of cancellations / refunds / credit notes etc....... so I plan to book last minute this year...... if it costs an extra £100 ish I’ll take the lose

• 4 months later...
On 25/11/2020 at 10:58, Celtic 1888 said:

I've been looking at flights a lot recently, LHR-BKK, I can't find any BA Direct flights until Oct 2021, before these dates BA are using Qatar with one stop. Thai airways were around £700 direct, Eva Air about £950 direct, Etihad are about £400 economy £1200 Business class one stop,  Again I'm just waiting for the No Quarantine, hopefully July, but that said, I've just taken some time off work so I could go now for 3 months, I'm seriously considering doing the quarantine, also I should be having my second jab in May, so I'm hoping this will make a difference.

Just checked again, several sites, cant find a direct flight until end of Oct beginning of Nov, then BA, Thai Eva all between £600/660 price cheapest around £400 price and the two best for me because I've flown with them is Emirate £396 and Singapore £404.

Decisions decisions.

Edited by asuwish

1 hour ago, asuwish said:

I've been looking at flights a lot recently, LHR-BKK, I can't find any BA Direct flights until Oct 2021,

15 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

Yes it looks that way for a lot of airlines

Option 1. I can get a flight now for about £400 and do 2 weeks in ASQ.

Option 2. wait until July, have my 2nd jab and hopefully little or no quarantine.

Option 3. wait until November.

I wouldn't travel with BA even if the flight was free. They cancelled my flight from Bangkok to London in January which wasn't a problem and understandable. What was a problem was that they expected me to call them in London to get a refund. I had the money to buy another ticket but if I hadn't then goodness knows how much I would have spent calling them when it was no fault of mine. An embarrassment of a 'national carrier'.

3 hours ago, Gone-east said:

I wouldn't travel with BA even if the flight was free. They cancelled my flight from Bangkok to London in January which wasn't a problem and understandable. What was a problem was that they expected me to call them in London to get a refund. I had the money to buy another ticket but if I hadn't then goodness knows how much I would have spent calling them when it was no fault of mine. An embarrassment of a 'national carrier'.

BA cancelled my flight last year, and could not have been more helpful.

But I was dealing with the Bangkok Office who were fantastic.

To be honest BA have been pretty good in these Covid times with regard to cancelling, changing and rebooking your flights and extending the validity of your membership status and two for one vouchers.

You can make a valid argument about their inflight service, age of their stewardesses ( and the age of the planes that they were using on the BKK route ) but if something went wrong I would place more trust in BA to put things right than a lot of other airlines.

On trips to Thailand i favour EVA over BA unless i am using Avios or an upgrade voucher but i happily choose BA for most of my other flights