Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Negotiating long-term rental during covid

Sammy_LA

Hello everyone. I wanted to see if anyone has recently (past few months) negotiated a long-term rental (6-12 months) in central Pattaya. How much of a discount are landlords generally willing to make during these tough times? 

I am specifically looking at Grand Avenue, but any shared experiences are welcome. I’ve seen prices all over the place from 10k a month to 35k. I’ve seen some decent ones around 20k with around 50 sq/m. I’m guessing I can probably negotiate down to 16k or so if I book a year? I have no clue. I guess it all depends on how motivated they are. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sammy

Post says was at 25k, now at 15k might be worth a look when your out
54 sqm

8524B079-9B8C-4278-8A62-BBF8433C18C3.thumb.png.dd1932cfb00570d4dc031fd94b04899b.png

Rental prices have fallen dramatically over the last 6 months so push hard for a deal.

In terms of Grand Avenue, I’ve seen LOADS of condos advertised for rent. The smaller  1-bed (~36sqm) are generally being advertised at 9500-11000 a month while the larger ones (~45-56sqm) from 13000 a month.

Of course, that’s the asking price. Look around and play the agents off against each other.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 hours ago, davidge said:

Rental prices have fallen dramatically over the last 6 months so push hard for a deal.

In terms of Grand Avenue, I’ve seen LOADS of condos advertised for rent. The smaller  1-bed (~36sqm) are generally being advertised at 9500-11000 a month while the larger ones (~45-56sqm) from 13000 a month.

Of course, that’s the asking price. Look around and play the agents off against each other.

This is great info, thank you. Jake2b has also been super helpful with his post and some funny PMs to keep me from going crazy in quarantine. I’m staying at an Airbnb at Grand Ave for two weeks so I’ll have plenty of time to scope out the rentals and get a good understanding of where the good units are. I’ll take my top 3-4 and start the negotiations. 

a guy i know has just done a 2 year deal on a 50 mtr 1 bedroom condo in centre condo on a high floor with a fantastic sea view for 10,000 bht a month. it would usually be 15/16 grand. i've seen photos of the room and it's a high standard.

right now there are no tourists and some rent is better than none at all for an owner while still being libel for the annual communal charge. 

personally i cannot see the attraction of grand avenue compared to somewhere like centre condo...........bigger rooms, multiple baht bus routes, tukom, friendship the list goes on

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

I am looking at a nice condo to rent 35 meters in Central Pattaya.....They are only asking 9000 baht.....So I dont have much room for negotiation.....

Almost no condos rent for less than 6500-7000 in Pattaya, even now.....You have to go to Jomtien to get a condo between 5000 and 6000 it seems..

So I think maybe I can try for 8000 but asking for 7000 might be pushing it.....

What do you guys think? How desperate are the agents to rent properties?

Edited by fforest

• 3 weeks later...

i know of least 1 condo rental agent taking advantage of falang owners stuck overseas. renting the units controlled on the cheap and pocketing the cash.

as the falang owners are  abroad and  getting back here means tackling a lot of hoops they think their condo room is sitting empty and are none the wiser. (not the guy i mentioned above)

Edited by striderman

On 10/11/2020 at 12:22, Sammy_LA said:

Hello everyone. I wanted to see if anyone has recently (past few months) negotiated a long-term rental (6-12 months) in central Pattaya. How much of a discount are landlords generally willing to make during these tough times? 

I am specifically looking at Grand Avenue, but any shared experiences are welcome. I’ve seen prices all over the place from 10k a month to 35k. I’ve seen some decent ones around 20k with around 50 sq/m. I’m guessing I can probably negotiate down to 16k or so if I book a year? I have no clue. I guess it all depends on how motivated they are. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sammy

This office is next to 7-11 on Soi 15 near Grand Avenue. 

IMG_20201117_090802.jpg

IMG_20201117_090754.jpg

IMG_20201117_090752.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, striderman said:

i know of least 1 condo rental agent taking advantage of falang owners stuck overseas. renting the units controlled on the cheap and pocketing the cash.

as the falang owners are  abroad and  getting back here means tackling a lot of hoops they think their condo room is sitting empty and are none the wiser. (not the guy i mentioned above)

This is beyond the pale. Wish you'd name and shame so a boycott could be effected.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.