IGNORED

Any chance of getting a "dark" theme?

Garzan

Kudo's on the new update. I like the new right-side info bar when reading a thread. I've also tried the default and the "nudity" theme but can't see any difference. One thing though, reading PA in a browser is very bright, like light up the entire room bright. Is there any chance of adding a theme to the board that's a bit less sear your eyeballs bright? 

I'm just thankful that there HAS been a change .... I thought it was all in my head 55555

• Haha 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

5 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

New format omits the originator in quoted texts. 

Hmmmmmm

I thought was banned or something like that, because my inbox icon was gone :22600584-Th::EvilLaugh1:

I think a dark theme would be useful for my eyes too 555

Edited by Horndog85

Just found this topic.  I was looking where to post a Q whether there had been an upgrade, as every topic I opened started at page 1.

Thanks

Johnlb

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Also FYI, I just noticed that Pattaya News items are duplicated.

In the New Content listing.

Cheers

Edited by johnlb
Addition for clarity.

26 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

New format omits the originator in quoted texts. 

Seems better now..... :Fuck_Knows:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, johnlb said:

Just found this topic.  I was looking where to post a Q whether there had been an upgrade, as every topic I opened started at page 1.

Thanks

Johnlb

That’s in your personal stream settings. Change “all” to “content I haven’t read”

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

10 minutes ago, johnlb said:

Also FYI, I just noticed that Pattaya News items are duplicated.

In the New Content listing.

Cheers

Can you screenshot as I’m not seeing this.

18 minutes ago, johnlb said:

Thanks

Johnlb

Try this

Click the View New Content link

Next to the topic click the bubble to the right

That should take you to the post you last read.

Another vote for a choice of themes. Not sure what I had it set to before the upgrade, but whatever it was called it was darker than the current default theme.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whitespider said:

That’s in your personal stream settings. Change “all” to “content I haven’t read”

Thanks, I just fixed it.

There's only 2 showing now, seems to be fixing itself. I re started my comp.

Screenshot_2020-09-24 View New Content - Pattaya Addicts Forum.png

Don't like that I have to open every message that's over a few lines now in my email of the threads I follow.

1 hour ago, whitespider said:

This doesn't work for me. It keeps reverting back to 'read all' even when I save the setting.

On an Iphone here.   I can’t seem to find where to access my account login settings, access pm’s etc.  I’ve tried clicking on everything, but no joy.

This is my screen.

7D9691AC-F18E-4CE3-9512-39F4AC731298.png

Edited by SteveX08
Added info.

"Disappointing girls one inch at a time"

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

Kudo's on the new update. I like the new right-side info bar when reading a thread. I've also tried the default and the "nudity" theme but can't see any difference. One thing though, reading PA in a browser is very bright, like light up the entire room bright. Is there any chance of adding a theme to the board that's a bit less sear your eyeballs bright? 

if you use chrome browser, you can install the free extension "Dark Reader" which lets you view sites in Dark theme mode

darkmode2.jpg

Edited by rainman333
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rainman333 said:

if you use chrome browser, you can install the free extension "Dark Reader" which lets you view sites in Dark theme mode

darkmode2.jpg

I use the High Contrast extension. Works great on the Increase Contrast setting to make the text on a page really stand out. It does help make the current default theme a bit better. It also has an Inverted Grayscale setting that duplicates what the Dark Reader extension does. Personally I not a fan of white text on a black background, so Increase Contrast works best for me.

There are two idiosyncrasies with High Contrast that are easily resolved by temporarily turning off the extension. One is some photos with a dark background become too dark to see. Another is a recent issue, and that is YouTube videos don't play correctly when the extension is running.

2 hours ago, SteveX08 said:

On an Iphone here.   I can’t seem to find where to access my account login settings, access pm’s etc.  I’ve tried clicking on everything, but no joy.

This is my screen.

7D9691AC-F18E-4CE3-9512-39F4AC731298.png

You have to scroll down untill you see on the bottom a " theme " button. Change the theme to IPS default and you will get it back. But in little different style than before.

3 hours ago, Horndog85 said:

You have to scroll down untill you see on the bottom a " theme " button. Change the theme to IPS default and you will get it back. But in little different style than before.

The theme drop down list is no longer displayed when using a browser.

image.png

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The theme drop down list is no longer displayed when using a browser.

image.png

It should be back now with one (new) dark theme plus the IPS default.

As we have been at it for 17 hours and have 6 am starts tomorrow it’s time for bed and we will decide tomorrow which to make default. Whichever we make default the other will be available so you have the choice of dark or light either way.

With that I bid you goodnight gentlemen :) 

• Thanks 3

thanks. 
fyi, if you select the dark theme, there's a new section at the bottom at the page with stuff you haven't removed / configured yet: 
image.thumb.png.39ab1db43c4aab88bacb775f08b57ffd.png

and with that, i wish you a good night :) 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

6 minutes ago, petehoax said:

thanks. 
fyi, if you select the dark theme, there's a new section at the bottom at the page with stuff you haven't removed / configured yet: 
image.thumb.png.39ab1db43c4aab88bacb775f08b57ffd.png

and with that, i wish you a good night :) 

Yes mate we only bought it an hour ago. That’s tomorrow’s jobs.