IGNORED

Thai government approves, in principle, to welcome long-stay foreign tourists under a ‘Special Tourist Visa’ scheme, starting this October

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

National – The Thai cabinet has officially approved welcoming long-stay tourists to enter the country in October under the ‘Special Tourist Visa (STV)’ scheme in order to assist the tourism sector. Trisulee Traisanakul, Deputy Spokeswoman for the Prime Minister’s Office, announced today, September 15, that the cabinet has approved the tourism principle as proposed by […]

Thai government approves, in principle, to welcome long-stay foreign tourists under a ‘Special Tourist Visa’ scheme, starting this October
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 1

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

The way I read it, they "expect" you to stay in country for a MINIMUM of 90 days, and yo need to prove you have a place to stay by reserving and paying before you travel, plus they only want people from countries with LOW levels of covid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roadglide said:

The way I read it, they "expect" you to stay in country for a MINIMUM of 90 days, and yo need to prove you have a place to stay by reserving and paying before you travel, plus they only want people from countries with LOW levels of covid.

Concise + correct analysis

In the article above it states the visa will last 90 days.  Like most visas it has a maximum duration,  it does not state the visa holder has to stay for the full 90 day validity of the visa

2 hours ago, Roadglide said:

I didn't see anything requiring a 90 day stay or that you had to be from a country with low levels of Covid. https://thepattayanews.com/2020/09/15/thai-government-approves-in-principle-to-welcome-long-stay-foreign-tourists-under-a-special-tourist-visa-scheme-starting-this-october/

26 minutes ago, gmingot said:

In the article above it states the visa will last 90 days.  Like most visas it has a maximum duration,  it does not state the visa holder has to stay for the full 90 day validity of the visa

90 days then 2 extensions total 270 days are available if it all gos through ..but they are looking to entice people from Chinese area that do not have Covid cases  https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1985839/cabinet-approves-long-term-tourist-visas

Prasong Poontaneat, finance permanent secretary, said the country needed to generate income from visitors, especially those from the countries where coronavirus disease had not been spreading in past months  - such as China, Taiwan and some countries in Europe.

Twenty Chinese provinces were free of Covid-19 and had a combined population of around 800 million. If only one percent of them, about 8 million people, visited Thailand they could support the tourism sector, he said.

countries where coronavirus disease had not been spreading in past months  unfortunately that I think rules out the UK 

• Like 2

On 15/09/2020 at 23:58, T-T-T said:

90 days then 2 extensions total 270 days are available if it all gos through ..but they are looking to entice people from Chinese area that do not have Covid cases  https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1985839/cabinet-approves-long-term-tourist-visas

Prasong Poontaneat, finance permanent secretary, said the country needed to generate income from visitors, especially those from the countries where coronavirus disease had not been spreading in past months  - such as China, Taiwan and some countries in Europe.

Twenty Chinese provinces were free of Covid-19 and had a combined population of around 800 million. If only one percent of them, about 8 million people, visited Thailand they could support the tourism sector, he said.

countries where coronavirus disease had not been spreading in past months  unfortunately that I think RULES out the UK 

Sadly,true

It rules out the entire western world pretty much, maybe Denmark and Finland but mainland Europe, USA and India, forget it.

This will make very little difference to the return of mass tourism, I personally do not even consider it a stepping point. Until the Thai govt accept they will have to manage the Covid issue in country rather than trying to pretend they can be King Canute and keep it out.

Its now seems a distant dream that April 2021 could be a possible return date, hard to see anything for at least a year from Europe given the likely 2nd phase and rough Winter we are likely to endure Covid wise.

• Sad 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

3 hours ago, Stokielad said:

It RULES out the entire western world pretty much, maybe Denmark and Finland but mainland Europe, USA and India, forget it.

This will make very little difference to the return of mass tourism, I personally do not even consider it a stepping point. Until the Thai govt accept they will have to manage the Covid issue in country rather than trying to pretend they can be King Canute and keep it out.

Its now seems a distant dream that April 2021 could be a possible return date, hard to see anything for at least a year from Europe given the likely 2nd phase and rough Winter we are likely to endure Covid wise.

I actually think that this REALLY rules out Europe and the USA visiting Thailand anytime soon.  They are bound to find a few COVID carriers from the 'safe' countries whilst they are in quarantine in Thailand, which will undoubtably slow down any return for the masses.  I am normally 'mr positive thoughts', but the writing on the wall says we are buggered until a vaccine is available. 

Edited by mattmoore1965x