IGNORED

Trouble with sending SMS in Thailand

silentrain

Back in October I had some trouble with sending SMS to thai-numbers I had stored on my phone(the phone I used was bought in Norway, has 3 frequencies and was unlocked from when I bought it). The message I got was something in the line of "The message was not sent, no such reciever" or something in that line.

This would happen to about 30% of the messages I would send, and I just had to repeat sending it like 10 times before it got sent.

If I can't solve the problem, I'll have to get myself a thai phone, as its quite annoying trying to send a message like 10 times before it actually get sent.

Anyone with any ideas? Phone is a Sony Ericsson Z530i with AIS 12-call

Edited by silentrain

You could join rebtel (www.rebtel.com) and send text messages to LOS for 4p each

Calls are pretty cheap also.

It sounds to me like you need to change your 'message centre number'. You can find this in the message settigns section of your phone. The message centre number is network specific, so it means you have to change it when you use a different network simcard in it.

The packaging that comes with a simcard usually has the number on it.

Hope it helps!

The problem wasn't sending from home, the problem was sending with a thai simcard while in Thailand.

My apologies,I miss understood your OP... My bad

sometimes my sms's get stuck in my outbox without being sent. this is from thailand to numbers within thailand. it seems to happen randomly. really ficking annoying

post-44180-0-59180800-1344972136.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

It sounds to me like you need to change your 'message centre number'. You can find this in the message settigns section of your phone. The message centre number is network specific, so it means you have to change it when you use a different network simcard in it.

The packaging that comes with a simcard usually has the number on it.

Hope it helps!

Only problem is that the packaging is long gone...

Maybe they have the number on AIS 12-call's website or something...

Or I'll just have to wait until I get to Pattaya again, and get the number from a 7/11 there...

I do have something called "service centre" in my message-settings, described as "View or edit settings for your network operator message centre",

so I guess thats it.

Tnx for respons

Edited by silentrain