IGNORED

The story behind the abandoned Waterfront condo near Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya

The Pattaya News

Editors Note: The following originally appeared on our sister media website early last year, Pattaya Unplugged, and was written by myself, Adam Judd. I have decided to update, add to and improve this article and post it on our main news as there have been many comments and questions regarding the condo complex and the […]

-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Editors Note: The following originally appeared on our sister media website early last year, Pattaya Unplugged, and was written by myself, Adam Judd. I have decided to update, add to and improve this article and post it on our main news as there have been many comments and questions regarding the condo complex and the […]

Hs2 will finish first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, The Pattaya News said:

Mr Judd. You have written a fairly complete article of the dates and shenanigans pertaining to the Waterfront Condo saga.

But as you have only been in Pattaya 5 years I believe, you have missed the most important part of the story, which are the actual people and characters behind the companies which have been associated the project since the late 90's/early 20's. Some of these guys are worth many chapters of any story. If you ever get the time, you might find doing research on them quite enlightening (especially since a sprinkling of them are still around).

An unfinished high-rise sitting that close to constant rain and salt air will become a serious safety hazard without proper maintenance, in about 10 years or so.

• Like 2

"One thing is for sure…the project was not recently mentioned as part of the Bali Hai revamp and plans for a cruise ship terminal in the next decade or so, so it appears that at least some officials would prefer the project to go away"

Not mentioned but is that not it in the photos that accompanied their plans?

ewfrghjmlk.thumb.jpg.2d9e7c40a7088061ad5ce7aee539be52.jpg

So, because a statue was losing it's sea view, the project was halted? Couldn't they have just moved the statue?

10 hours ago, Roadglide said:

An unfinished high-rise sitting that close to constant rain and salt air will become a serious safety hazard without proper maintenance, in about 10 years or so.

They're going to paint it white I saw.  :hello10: