IGNORED

Thai Sim

reggy202

OK Guys

for this trip i have decided that i defiantly need to get a Thai sim

what is the best company, obviously a pre-paid jobbie, mostly interested in texting rather than calling so the call rates won't have to be great

where is the best place in Pattaya to get one

i will have my iphone with me but will be using a shitty old nokia for texting and calling in LOS

Cheers

Reggy

If you intend to keep the sim in between trips then go with Dtac.

If not then you are better off on one2call.

You can buy them anywhere but one place you are certain to get one it Tukcom.

the last one i bought was a phone shop by the factory outlets and big c on the sukhmvit highway, but the telcom should be ok as it dose IT and phone equipment.

There is also a food / resteraunt type place and some electrical shops in the basement of the telcom center, most people miss it.

You can even buy the sims at the airport, in the arrivals area

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Do you know about using 009 before dialling your farang telephone number from your Thai SIM card. MUCH cheaper.

Normal dialling number - 0044 (0)191 123 1234

With very cheap thai dialling code - 009 44 191 123 1234

Works with any international dialling. Never just use the standard dialling codes.

I agree with IHM, Dtac will be best in the long run.

Cheers

LULT

I Have an iphone on O2 CONTRACT! could i just put a thai sim in this and itd work fine or??

Wont work unfortunately, you would have to jailbreak it.

If you intend to keep the sim in between trips then go with Dtac.

If not then you are better off on one2call...etc

This depends on which 1-2-Call "promotion" your SIM card has, mate. My 1-2-Call SIM's expiration extends the more times I charge it; when fully juiced it doesn't expire for something like 2 years of non-use.

BTW, IME 1-2-Call's coverage is much better than any of its competitors. This is undoubtedly because it was owned by Toxin while he was PM (at least part of the time), and he was able to plant towers in places where other companies feared to tread.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

This depends on which 1-2-Call "promotion" your SIM card has, mate. My 1-2-Call SIM's expiration extends the more times I charge it; when fully juiced it doesn't expire for something like 2 years of non-use.

When you say "fully juiced", how much baht are you talking about?

After I had charged my sim like 5-6 times with 300B each time, it said it would expire in the beginning of February(this being mid. October, so around 4 months).

This was with a AIS 12call from the 7/11.