IGNORED

Windows 10 Home edition and version

mongo2

Once again I am befuddled by W10.  I am trying to determine the edition and version that my lady's HP laptop is using.

The instructions to do that tell me to go to Start > Settings > System > About and to open About

Then to open Device Specification to determine if it is running a 32-Bit or 64-Bit type of system

OK, I do that and no problem.  It is running Windows 1o Home, 64-Bit.

Then it tells me to open Windows Specifications and it should tell me the the edition and version.

Problem:  When I do that it just repeats the Device Specification data.

i tried to find out using Speccy but Speccy did not identify the edition nor version being used.

I do the same with my DELL desktop and the edition and version are readily displayed.  No problem there.

Can anybody help?

Cannot access my computer to test currently but from memory,  type winver in the search box bottom left and enter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mongo2 said:

Once again I am befuddled by W10.  I am trying to determine the edition and version that my lady's HP laptop is using.

The instructions to do that tell me to go to Start > Settings > System > About and to open About

Then to open Device Specification to determine if it is running a 32-Bit or 64-Bit type of system

OK, I do that and no problem.  It is running Windows 1o Home, 64-Bit.

Then it tells me to open Windows Specifications and it should tell me the the edition and version.

Problem:  When I do that it just repeats the Device Specification data.

i tried to find out using Speccy but Speccy did not identify the edition nor version being used.

I do the same with my DELL desktop and the edition and version are readily displayed.  No problem there.

Can anybody help?

Cannot access my computer to test currently but from memory,  type winver in the search box bottom left and enter

Thank you Bangna.  Your advice worked.  I needed to right click the start button , then run and then type 'winver' and enter. 

Results are:  The HP laptop is running Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, Build 19041.450. 

My DELL desktop is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.1016.

Anything about either version I need to be concerned about?

Microsoft releases a new update about every 6 months.   1903 (march 2019 version) is fine but you are 2 version behind.  I would try and update the os, it's free 

start -> settings (the gear icon) -> updates and security and then click on check for updates.

there was an  issues with 1909 not installing properly but it rolls itself back. if that happens PM me and I will give you the steps to get it installed (it should skip that update and got straight to 2004. 

1909 installed on my HP laptop but took over 2 hours.

Laptop and desktop unused since March cos I'm stuck in Thailand :Laugh1: