Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Renting instead of hotel

silk cut

Wanted to know.... whats better ... renting or staying in an ok hotel

What is the process of renting a house?

i gather that the prices of houses you see in various websites are overpriced for westerns to look at on the internet...i believe that once you are there you can go around real estate offices you can find good houses for a lot cheaper...correct me if am wrong never looked in it before

Anw am thinking that if you want to go for more than a month it would be better to get a house..... and share with a friend or two

technically rent and hotel price could be the same at the end of the day.... i would appreciate it if ppl that tried the house idea for 3-4 months, shared their experiences on the matter regarding costs, renting procedure ,and safety as well as way of living.

THIS IS LOS!!!!! ARGHHHH

Watch out for the security. Houses can be more easily broken into in Patts. There are often reports in the local press about this.

Yeah, you can find some pretty good deals..but most of the houses will be away from the nightlife so you have to get a motorbike...not too many houses on the bus route. I think your better off with a 3 bedroom condo or something...

If you stay longer than say 3 weeks a condo is a better deal. You can negotiate a monthly rate at a hotel or guesthouse too (many will give you 30 nights for the price of 20, but not in high season I think).

Many condo's offer terms like these:

daily: 500 (inc water / electricity)

monthly: 7500 (ex water / electricity) - you can pay and leave by the month

monthly, 1 year minimum: 5000 (ex water / electricity). After a year, you can leave by the month.

Note that condo owners may charge extra for TV or fridge or music system, or it may be included in the rent already.

Just shop around, many many different condo complexes in different sizes / price classes.

On houses: I wouldn't know, but transport and security would be issues.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Your right about inflated prices in the net but also bear in mind that the further out of pattaya you go the cheaper things get by quite a large amount in some cases.

thanks for your advice everyone, does anyone have any experiences on the procedure of renting either a house or an apartment once you are there?

THIS IS LOS!!!!! ARGHHHH

thanks for your advice everyone, does anyone have any experiences on the procedure of renting either a house or an apartment once you are there?

My friend asked about similar idea last year, and was told that you were extremely unlikely to get a house under less than a 6 month lease.

The first time you do it it may be worth going through one of the innumerable agencies so you have a better chance of getting every thing correct.

Its a standard contract that basically makes you responsibility for everything and the owner responsible for nothing. Thais consider this to be "situation normal" and accept it. No much you can do....

Had one land lady who even went around and checked that every light bulb still worked when we departed and that it wasnt of a smaller wattage.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

thanks ....

so basically you do not need a thai bank account but i guess you need to be paying everything up front...cash?

And this minimum lease thing goes only for houses? as in, could someone get a flat on month to month rent basis?

This would give flexibility in leaving and visiting other places while keeping your accommodation costs low and then returning to your flat

THIS IS LOS!!!!! ARGHHHH

i found it best to just get on my motor bike and ask at various buildings if there is availability. The real estate agents are little help and when going thru them the prices seemed jacked up by at least 25% - since they add very little valule, why am I paying 25% more again?

• 2 weeks later...

nice thanks ... any propositions to find a 2-3 bedroom house with a pool?

THIS IS LOS!!!!! ARGHHHH