IGNORED

Charges on Hit-and-Run ‘Boss Red Bull’ Dropped

Leo_Bia

Teddy Kennedy and Chappaquiddick comes to mind. Is it so different?

Oh no! It only happens in Thailand.

Jack

30 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

Teddy Kennedy and Chappaquiddick comes to mind. Is it so different?

Oh no! It only happens in Thailand.

Jack

yes, it happens all over the world.  I guess why this particular case is being discussed here is that is that it is a forum dedicated to Thailand.  If somebody created a thread complaining about Teddy Kennedy here it might seem a little out of place.  That fact is that the guy should be arrested and go to court.  Guilty or innocent, I don't know, that is a job for the Thai legal system to decide.

With your question is it so different.  I guessing you are implying that people with money and power have greater chance of getting away with shit.  I would say this is true.  And while Teddy most likely guilty of crime this case is a bit more cut and dry.

He ran over a cop, dragged his body underneath a vehicle and tested positive to cocaine.  Man up and face the music, that is what I would do if I fucked up so bad.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mognam said:

yes, it happens all over the world.  I guess why this particular case is being discussed here is that is that it is a forum dedicated to Thailand.  If somebody created a thread complaining about Teddy Kennedy here it might seem a little out of place.  That fact is that the guy should be arrested and go to court.  Guilty or innocent, I don't know, that is a job for the Thai legal system to decide.

With your question is it so different.  I guessing you are implying that people with money and power have greater chance of getting away with shit.  I would say this is true.  And while Teddy most likely guilty of crime this case is a bit more cut and dry.

He ran over a cop, dragged his body underneath a vehicle and tested positive to cocaine.  Man up and face the music, that is what I would do if I fucked up so bad.

I agree. And I was pointing out it happens all over the world if you have money. But you are correct. This is a Thai forum.

Jack

• 1 month later...

Khun Chalerm Yoovidhya gifted the Thai Government 2 large industrial sized washing machines in mid-2021.

This would help them spin future news stories.

• 1 month later...

Everyone knows how Thailand is and the Thai culture...This dude on one of his trips unless he stays out of the country will be dealt with, it might be 5 years, 10 years from now...you will see him face his music.

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/01/2022 at 13:23, Mognam said:

Well maybe you're suicidal. I certainly wouldn't face up to that in Thailand or almost any other country for that matter if I could get a away with.

• 1 year later...

twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1762364589076025667

The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has decided to prosecute 8 police officers and officials, including former national police chief Somyot Poompanmuang and former deputy attorney-general Nate Naksuk, who are accused of tampering with evidence in the Red Bull heir case, according to Prayut Phetkun, OAG's spokesperson.

In September 2023, the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) found 15 individuals, including Somyot and Nate, guilty of involvement in altering the speed of the car driven by Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya. This manipulation was aimed at reducing charges against Vorayuth in his 2012 hit-and-run case.

Initially accused of driving his Ferrari at a speed of over 100 kilometers per hour, Vorayuth crashed into a police motorcycle ridden by Pol Snr Sgt Maj Wichian Klanprasert on Sukhumvit Road in September 2012, dragging his body for around 200 meters from the crash site and resulting in the officer's death at the scene before driving off.

The NACC asserted that the 15 officers and officials played a role in manipulating evidence to falsely indicate that the car's speed was below 80 kilometers per hour, with the intention of reducing charges against Vorayuth. Nevertheless, by 2020, all charges against Vorayuth, except one, were dropped, primarily due to the expiration of the statute of limitations. The remaining charge against the Red Bull heir, who has fled the country and is still at large, is reckless driving causing death, carrying a maximum 10-year prison term. Reportedly, this charge remains valid until 2027.

• Like 2