Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I want to buy a car for my girl

Jansinger

i want to buy a car for my girl. Probably a Honda but it should be new one.  I looked at the prices for used cars - Crazy - better can buy a new car.

Is there such a thing as private leasing in Thailand -  for 3 or 5 years like here in Germany?

Not sure mate...

You are right about s/hand car prices though... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Suggest you avoid buying second hand cars from Thais unless your want very high millage cars and silly asking prices.  Theirs a lot of desperate falangs in Pattaya these days that are in need of fast cash fast selling their cars well below market value. Pattaya cars for sale facebook group and bhatsold is a good start.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

now i know i need to buy a brand new car  - but i not find a car leasing in thailand - i also dont want to pay the car once time cash - so the best way is my lady find a bank to borrow the money for the car and i pay 30 % once time and the rest monthly........so my lady need me more 5555

• 2 years later...
On 30/07/2020 at 01:52, Jansinger said:

now i know i need to buy a brand new car  - but i not find a car leasing in thailand - i also dont want to pay the car once time cash - so the best way is my lady find a bank to borrow the money for the car and i pay 30 % once time and the rest monthly........so my lady need me more 5555

Yes your girl can finance it but the prices in my experience for used cars is way cheaper if you check on Facebook Marketplace. If you want something very nice but cheap I could recommend a Toyota Camry. For something more luxury an MG would be cheap but bad maintenance wise. For Honda you could get a good deal too just look around a bit more.

• 2 months later...

I believe that it's impossible to finance or lease a car in Thailand unless you have proof of income in the country. 

I bought a one year old barely used car from Zunn Auto Center Pattaya, about. 5km south of Bangkok Hospital on the northbound side of Sukhumvit. They have a 3 month warranty on everything they sell.

Happy with the car and the way we were treated, much less expensive than new. And if less than 3 years old the manufacturer warranty should still be intact as well.

The first vehicle we bought here, a teacher friend co-signed. The next one she payed a bit more than 50% down and was able to finance on her own, but bank wanted to know my income info too. When buying for GF/wife the risk/reward equation depends on how much the car is used taking you places you want to go.