IGNORED

Proposed list of rules for bar, pub, entertainment venue opening released by Thai Government

The Pattaya News

Bangkok- The following is a list of proposed rules that are expected to be presented to the Center for Covid 19 Situation Administration, or CCSA on Friday for a proposed opening of bars, nightlife and entertainment in Thailand. The list was compiled based on feedback given between a meeting of prominent entertainment business owners and […]

Proposed list of rules for bar, pub, entertainment venue opening released by Thai Government
The Pattaya News

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Sounds like it should be good for a laugh at least.

@petemoss  - most of these sound like r_les for a music venue no?

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sounds like it should be good for a laugh at least.

@petemoss  - most of these sound like r_les for a music venue no?

No. The article is getting 2 meetings mixed up. There was a meeting with the musicians which was followed by a meeting with interested parties in the entertainment business. I don't see anything in the article that suggests any guidelines that would be specific to musicians.

I can guess at conditions for bars opening: Social distancing, wearing of face masks, registering via Thai Chana app on entry. Same as restaurants really.

I've already been in restaurants that pay scant lip service to social distancing, have stopped requiring people to sign in and no customers ever wear face masks once seated. I know in the bars I visit, once inside, the doors will be closed and corona virus will be left outside. On opening night I'll eat my hat if I'm not bollocks deep up some fat munter within 20 minutes of entering the bar.

• Like 1

Quote "22.  Do not allow service staff, hostesses or PR to drink with customers. (IE. Ladydrinks)"

......well that completely fucks the business model of every P4P Go Go and bar in town.

Edited by Syco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@petemoss
" I know in the bars I visit, once inside, the doors will be closed and corona virus will be left outside. On opening night I'll eat my hat if I'm not bollocks deep up some fat munter within 20 minutes of entering the bar."

Maybe that's why the PM is saying not yet?

Just now, Edge said:

@petemoss
" I know in the bars I visit, once inside, the doors will be closed and corona virus will be left outside. On opening night I'll eat my hat if I'm not bollocks deep up some fat munter within 20 minutes of entering the bar."

Maybe that's why the PM is saying not yet?

That doesn't make sense. There is no corona virus in Thailand. As of today that's official. Who is going to give it to me? Who am I going to give it to? You can't spread corona virus if the country is devoid of it. far more chance of me getting a dose of gonorrhoea (again) than Covid-19.

5 minutes ago, petemoss said:

That doesn't make sense. There is no corona virus in Thailand. As of today that's official. Who is going to give it to me? Who am I going to give it to? You can't spread corona virus if the country is devoid of it. far more chance of me getting a dose of gonorrhoea (again) than Covid-19.

That would change very very quickly , if they let in for example tourists from the USA and UK , just to mention two counties where the virus still virulent.

6 minutes ago, Syco said:

That would change very very quickly , if they let in for example tourists from the USA and UK , just to mention two counties where the virus still virulent.

Very true but currently there is absolutely zero sign of that happening.

3 minutes ago, Syco said:

Currently, that's just a theoretical question !

All international passenger travel stopped, even repatriated Thai have a 14days-quarantine. The rules for health tourists and those with work permit, who form the first groups of foreigners allowed to enter again, are also strict.

Even with the infamous "travel bubbles", they are still discussing that you will have to stay in an restricted area (Phuket, Samui, Phangnan) for 14 days, before being allowed to travel elsewhere 

15 minutes ago, Syco said:

Forgot to mention, you should maybe worry more about Spain, there the danger is far more imminent :wink:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53122825

Well at least it is move in the right direction !. A lot of bars with their back against the wall . Might give them a fighting chance of staying in business ..

35 minutes ago, petemoss said:

If there is none here....and the Burmese don't seem to be convinced......then you're talking about one of Thailand's most prized and guarded attributes out there.
They're currently taking accolades around the world for their prompt and effective action.

I doubt they'll drop their guard quite that easily so quickly.....they want to get the schools smoothly back and settled first for one thing.

Anyway, no big deal to me either way, we'll know more by Friday and I'm OK til then.

beer.thumb.jpg.1b3e53fe231d3a21fcfba21cf772491a.jpg

Edited by Edge

1 minute ago, Edge said:

I doubt they'll drop their guard quite that easily so quickly.....they want to get the schools smoothly back and settled first for one thing.

Allowing expats to mingle with Thais when both parties have been here since the beginning of trhe outbreak, isn't really dropping your guard. A few schools returned last week, the rest on July 1st.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, insearchofxxx said:

Forgot to mention, you should maybe worry more about Spain, there the danger is far more imminent :wink:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53122825

==Sorry of topic ==

I'm laying low at the moment . Just ticking away on cash jobs . While i wait for the next government grant.

Plan on nipping over to Malga [ Spain  ] for a few days.. Some nice African booty at 50 euro a pop. 

Edited by gitteyman

Great Rules and Sensible.....I know how this sounds but We are living in a Technocracy...if Thai Government relaxes everything..The international media will be hell bent on making it a Headline news all over the world.

Thai Government Relaxes Entire Pattaya..No Rules..Everyone can mix and have a great time..Imagine..No Flight would be allowed to enter Thailand.

TAKE THE HINT Guys...Wink Wink..:wink::wink:

22. Do not allow service staff, hostesses or PR to drink with customers.

This is the LAST POINT for a REASON. Off-course, you can do as you please but to draw the attention away from Western Media like Dailymail..They have to do it...

I'm in India and I have already started packing...:Clap:..They know many rules will be bent down...From July India will start flight as well...Good times :08:

1 hour ago, petemoss said:

Allowing expats to mingle with Thais when both parties have been here since the beginning of trhe outbreak, isn't really dropping your guard. ...................................

You keep resorting to common sense.  :rolleyes:

We're wittering on about opening bars because...........?

Darkside ...... do it, nobody cares, normal service can be resumed.

WS/LKM GoGos etc..... what's the point?
The only possible hope for them is to open the flood gates and hope the sex tourists flood back in.....hmmm back in from where?

GCs and Soi 6.....the only way that makes sense is to abandon all pretence of Social Distancing surely?

Beer Bars ......again just do it, maybe with crosses on alternate seats.....it doesn't matter.....the sprinkling of spending customers you were seeing (quiet again tonight) around Tree Town would make zero impression in MiT and that's if they would go that far away from a 7-Eleven.   :Laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least I can get behind the no singing and dancing part of rule 9. The notorious patrons who like to show off their dance moves in the agogos will not be sadly missed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

2 hours ago, Edge said:

GCs and Soi 6.....the only way that makes sense is to abandon all pretence of Social Distancing surely?

Very unlikely that top investigative journalist Mr Judd and award-winning independent film producer Nick "I love the sound of my own voice" Deans will be reporting any time soon on the anticipated flagrant breaches of the mandated new requirements down Soi 6 way, unless they want to be socially distanced from their salary and sponsorship packages. :D So, that's obviously not going to happen. TreeTown yes, but not on the Sacred Strip itself.

Perhaps braver souls than these two can report on how Soi 6 stays on the right side of the law and manages to have customers under the onerous new demands from the powers that be.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Based on Rule #22, it appears that girlie bars do not have a future in Thailand.  At least not for the foreseeable future. :unsure:

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Based on Rule #22, it appears that girlie bars do not have a future in Thailand.  At least not for the foreseeable future. :unsure:

Seems like a waste of time even opening up , Walking Street , LKM or Soi 6 to me . I’ll not be paying to go back to Pattaya till it’s back to some sort of normal if it ever does .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Buddy Edgewood said:

We have yet to see how enforced it will be. There's high chance that it's just lip service/excuse for BiB to extract enough "tea money" to make up for lost business in last few months, just like massage salons were allowed to only offer foot massage during P3 of lockdown. If they actually decide to enforce it to similar extent that original bar closure order, I don't see much future for nightlife entertainment in following months.

• Like 2

Using an app to report going into a bar like Telephone? - No lady drinks in the same bar?   Yikes!

2 minutes ago, paulrob said:

Using an app to report going into a bar like Telephone?

It's not app, but a website - called "Thai Chana" - every place (7/11, stores, massage shops, restaurants) got given a set of QR codes that visitors are supposed to scan to check in and out of locations. While it was quite heavily enforced during first few weeks (I got stopped few times by entrance security at Central Plaza, and had to put my name, phone number and time on paper, as alternative to scanning the code), nowadays pretty much everyone has given up on it - yesterday i spent around 5 minutes smoking cigarette in front of BigC/HomePro entrance and haven't seen a single person entering/leaving scanning the code. 7/11 seems to done away with on corporate level too - there are still people at entrances checking your temp and spraying hands with sanitizer, but they no longer wave paper clipboard in any location I've been to.

I've seen talks about specialized tracing app that future tourists will have to install and keep on at all times as a condition of entry to Thailand, for when tourists will be allowed to return, but for now It's only in planning phase.

• Like 2