IGNORED

Thailand reaches their goal of 28 days in a row with no confirmed locally spread Covid-19 cases

The Pattaya News

Bangkok- At a press conference in Bangkok at the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, the Spokesperson Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin confirmed this morning that Thailand has reached 28 days in a row with no new confirmed locally spread cases of the Covid19 Coronavirus. This means Thailand has gone two full incubation cycles of the virus with […]

Thailand reaches their goal of 28 days in a row with no confirmed locally spread Covid-19 cases
The Pattaya News

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

No confirmed locally spread.........

....but 23 confirmed cases in workers returning to Myanmar?  :Think1:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Edge said:

No confirmed locally spread.........

....but 23 confirmed cases in workers returning to Myanmar?  :Think1:

I don't know the veracity of it but on Facebook it is being reported that these migrant labours got infected in Malaysia and were quarantined in detention center in the south. Possibly no interaction with the local community.

................................................................................................................

11 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

I don't know the veracity of it but on Facebook it is being reported that these migrant labours got infected in Malaysia and were quarantined in detention center in the south. Possibly no interaction with the local community.

Just read it.....so some of them said to have been in a Malay DC.....then in a Thai DC close to the Malay border....then from there deported to Myanmar.

No mention of Thailand testing them so.......  :Dunno1:

I also thought I read, some of them tested for antibodies... so they had had the virus earlier?  Very strange story imo.

What I take from it is that there were cases being shunted around Malaysia (where they are now suggested to have caught it) and through Thailand, but not tested until they got to Myanmar.

Do the rubber trade wallahs still have exemption from border control down there too?

If the report in the Myanmar newspaper I saw was correct, 4 of the 23 had entered Thailand from Malaysia but the other 19 had just been in Thailand.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Update: according to today’s Thai Government briefing, 19 of the 23 had tested positive in the detention camp on 25 March and were included in that day’s figures. They then recovered and were deported. On arrival in Myanmar they again tested positive.

So, either they caught it twice or there’s something wrong with the testing somewhere. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

9 hours ago, davidge said:

Update: according to today’s Thai Government briefing, 19 of the 23 had tested positive in the detention camp on 25 March and were included in that day’s figures. They then recovered and were deported. On arrival in Myanmar they again tested positive.

So, either they caught it twice or there’s something wrong with the testing somewhere. 

There have been such cases in S-Korea as well, testing negative upon recovery and then again a positive test.

It was attributed to residual traces of virus I believe.

................................................................................................................