Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Windows 10 emails disappearing

jaynewcastle

I bought a new PC 6 months ago, and have never been happy with the email system it comes with

Basically, my emails in my Inbox and any folders I set up disappear from sight after a month

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening, so I can keep my emails for as long as I want ?

Appreciate any help or advice

So turn off the setting in your email client that is currently set to trash messages after x amount of days. 

Suggest Thunderbird by Mozilla, it’s free. 

Edited by Arnie85

depending on what email software you are using like Arnie said just adjust the settings.  that may cause issues down the road as your file storing the emails will take up a lot of space.  I would suggest going cloud based.  So if you don't want to worry about losing emails again just get a gmail account and forward your other email account to it.  that way you can access the emails from anywhere. 

it's very easy to setup and google has some great how-to's, but if you want more help I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

Who is your email account provider?  Every one that I can think of usually provides the ability to log into your email on their website.  Try that.  My guess is that your emails are all still there but whatever you are using is just displaying the lasts months worth.  As other have said that can be adjusted but depending on what you are using there may still be limits on how much it will show depending on the program and it's settings.

Thanks for your replies, I had hoped it might be a well known problem with an immediate solution.  Not keen on IT at all, especially when things don't work as you want  :)

I'm going to have a good look through the emails settings on both my PC and Virgin Medias website (my internet provider & where my emails come from) and see if I can change the settings