IGNORED

Today marks three months in a row that Pattaya’s world famous nightlife has been shut, as owners ask-how much longer?

The Pattaya News

42 minutes ago, Petesie said:

The spotlight, let's face it, is focussed on the activities of Farangs, we can be named, blamed & shamed & the Thai's seem willing to believe it.

A bar owner I spoke to years ago in Karon, Phuket told me that locals basically ignored Buddha Days with impunity but told the BiB about Falang owned bars that tried to trade.

Also, Falang bars were subject to more inspections or audits.

As well, he said other Falang dobbed on Falang because, he explained, that group was jealous of others success. 

His solution was to do everything by the book and work in the slow lane of a 2 lane highway. It seemed more than a little shitty to me.

• Like 3

Works both ways; when the bars started closing we shut up, all went home. We called into another closed bar we knew the following night to see how she was as we knew things were difficult for her. We were ignored then accused of just wanting a drink as she was open.

Known the lady for 10 years guess what, we won't be calling in again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

6 hours ago, Petesie said:

The Dark Side of the Toon is now the Third Road to the beach.

And will probably remain so even when the bars reopen. Darkside relies mainly on expats for trade and most of us are still here and dying of thirst. Business will be slow, at first, but viable. Central Pattaya has far more bars for the customers to spread themselves around and relies mainly on tourists.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Edge said:

Wasn't it about 70% of Thais voted to keep farang out?

And that was before the covid19 outbreak! I jest of course, they love us. As an aside, it probably would be only Thais involved in the tourist industry who would have any meaningful interest in a farang presence in Thailand. Probably the bulk of the rest..who knows?

1 minute ago, rope-a-dope said:

And that was before the covid19 outbreak! I jest of course, they love us. As an aside, it probably would be only Thais involved in the tourist industry who would have any meaningful interest in a farang presence in Thailand. Probably the bulk of the rest..who knows?

I would have voted with the 75%. It was actually all foreigners, not just farangs. Having cleared Thailand of Covid, the only real danger of a "second wave" is when foreigners have free access to Thailand again. No one want's that. Thais have been far more affected by the lockdown measures than we have. They really don't want to go there again. Not xenophobia, just fear of Covid-19.

The only time I really see a lot of Thai tourists here is during Songkran, the music fest/concerts, seafood and random food rests, firework fests, NYE included, and the Pattaya Marathon.  Not too much social distancing at any of these events.  Other than Koh Larn and a cheap hotel with a pool, there isn’t a big draw for Thai tourists as of now.  Just my opinion after living in Pattaya now for 16 months.

8 minutes ago, insearchofxxx said:

Well at least now, there's absolutely NO reason for Social Distancing and face masks: Chonburi hasn't had any local Covid-19 cases since more than 60 days. Even Thailand seen as a nation, hadn't a single local Covid-19 case since 24 days. Therefore -social distancing or not- you have ZERO chance to get infected in Pattaya. That means: There is a totally different agenda behind all these closures!

I imagine they are only testing people who go to hospital??

In a young, reasonably healthy population, that incidence will be very low. Plus asymptomatic people.

Therefore.....???

• Like 2

• Harry Brown locked this topic