IGNORED

Top Thai doctor says government should continue to keep nightlife and entertainment closed at least until schools open but should also be transparent and help business owners

The Pattaya News

Thailand- A top Thai doctor and expert in disease control speaking at a press conference about education today said nightlife and bars should remain closed countrywide until schools open and the government can study the results of the situation. Dr. Khamuen Ung Chusak was speaking at a conference today with the Mr. Warawit Kamphu Na […]

Top Thai doctor says government should continue to keep nightlife and entertainment closed at least until schools open but should also be transparent and help business owners
The Pattaya News

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

"nightlife and bars should remain closed countrywide until schools open and the government can study the results of the situation.

opening schools is the priority and ensuring that the launch of the school year goes smoothly.

The date for public school opening is July First."

To me that says that nightlife will not open until after the schools and after they've assessed.

So it won't be the same day.....more likely at least a week or more later.

I really don't get this. Why does the date the schools reopen and the date the nightlife reopens have to be in any particular order? 

14 minutes ago, footix said:

I really don't get this. Why does the date the schools reopen and the date the nightlife reopens have to be in any particular order? 

Because they say so?

Schools opened smoothly first...not to be jeopodised by a spike caused by night life.

Do you mean you don't get it or you just don't agree with it?

It seems that parts (at least) of Treetown were open June 15th  - can anyone confirm of the businesses operating there all had restaurant licenses?

2 minutes ago, paulrob said:

It seems that parts (at least) of Treetown were open June 15th  - can anyone confirm of the businesses operating there all had restaurant licenses?

Food outlets have been selling alcohol to take out for a few weeks.
Sounds like some of them allowed customers to drink in situ...with food or not dunno.

According to AJ and his team the BiB moved in around 22.30 and restored order gently.
See Pattaya News article.

17 minutes ago, Edge said:

Food outlets have been selling alcohol to take out for a few weeks.
Sounds like some of them allowed customers to drink in situ...with food or not dunno.

According to AJ and his team the BiB moved in around 22.30 and restored order gently.
See Pattaya News article.

Tree town last night.It looks like AJ is in the video.

Edited by Gaztop08

2 hours ago, footix said:

I can see your point. 

And more generally if the authorities believe there are just zero covid carrying people now in thailand, (except in hospitals), then there is no risk of anyone in thailand getting the disease. 

Who can they catch it from ?  Everything can open. To me thats a key point.

Perhaps the authorities are not 100% sure there are no covid carriers in thailand. But random sampling, daily records could prove it to an increasing degree of certainty.   

Maybe borders are not sealed 100% and covid is sneaking in. Just a guess. There must be some reasoning going on as to why everything cannot open when the claim in there is no covid here.

We don't take precautions daily against the black plague as there is no one with the black plague now.  (I think).

Edited by rog555

10 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Tree town last night.It looks AJ is in the video.

Yes he was.

I wonder if NW think that 'expose' (been going on for well over a month) will cause the authorities to change their Covid-19 strategy.....or to tell the BiB to shut it down?

22.00 I guess we'll find out soon if it's the latter.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Yes he was.

I wonder if NW think that 'expose' (been going on for well over a month) will cause the authorities to change their Covid-19 strategy.....or to tell the BiB to shut it down?

22.00 I guess we'll find out soon if it's the latter.

Yes I think they were probably surprised by how many people went to the Tree Town area.See what tomorrow brings.

1 hour ago, Gaztop08 said:

Yes I think they were probably surprised by how many people went to the Tree Town area.See what tomorrow brings.

Who was surprised?

Nobody here methinks, including the local BiB, who I've seen cruising through and even filming.

It's been commented on here and on FB for the past two months, so that just leaves the authorities in Chonburi and Bangkok who will now see the Pattaya News report and video........ and yes they chose the first night when bona fide restaurants like Prime Burger were at last again allowed to serve alcohol legally and they knew others would push the envelope.......so yes, staged if you like for maximum effect.

There is a culture here of 'dobbing in' other bars, as happened to English Rose recently..........and it is usually done under the banner of 'It's not fair' perhaps in the hope of persuading the authorities they should be allowed to open too.

Dobbing other businesses in can backfire though......... glass houses etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edge said:

It's been commented on here and on FB for the past two months, so that just leaves the authorities in Chonburi and Bangkok who will now see the Pattaya News report and video........ and yes they chose the first night when bona fide restaurants like Prime Burger were at last again allowed to serve alcohol legally and they knew others would push the envelope.......so yes, staged if you like for maximum effect.

There is a culture here of 'dobbing in' other bars, as happened to English Rose recently..........and it is usually done under the banner of 'It's not fair' perhaps in the hope of persuading the authorities they should be allowed to open too.

Dobbing other businesses in can backfire though......... glass houses etc.

Are you ruminating that the Pattaya News arm of the Nightwish group are possibly intent on provoking the police to act decisively one way or the other, ( by publicising the non-compliance taking place at TreeTown)  by either turning a gigantic blind eye to bars blatantly breaking the rules, (so that other bars can do likewise without fear of the sword of Damocles descending on their necks) or that the clampdown becomes strictly enforced (or even enhanced)?

From the chirpings of the NW svengali, I inferred that NWG want to postpone the opening of their 30 or so bars for as long as possible-at least until the big silver birds start repopulating the sois with well-heeled tourists- as once the closure restrictions are lifted, monstrous operating costs resume as well as back payments becoming due on the 20 or so bars they have where landlords had agreed to suspend arrears temporarily whilst the shutdown was mandated. Those costs could break up that little empire once and for all.

The continued closure of bars is in the financial interests of the NWG  at this time...and the Pattaya News via employee Judd, by provoking the authorities to act, might be a great help in setting back the re-openings which suits the group just fine?

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

1 hour ago, Klongwater said:

Are you ruminating that the Pattaya News arm of the Nightwish group are possibly intent on provoking the police to act decisively one way or the other, ( by publicising the non-compliance taking place at TreeTown)  by either turning a gigantic blind eye to bars blatantly breaking the RULES, (so that other bars can do likewise without fear of the sword of Damocles descending on their necks) or that the clampdown becomes strictly enforced (or even enhanced)?

From the chirpings of the NW svengali, I inferred that NWG want to postpone the opening of their 30 or so bars for as long as possible-at least until the big silver birds start repopulating the sois with well-heeled tourists- as once the closure restrictions are lifted, monstrous operating costs resume as well as back payments becoming due on the 20 or so bars they have where landlords had agreed to suspend arrears temporarily whilst the shutdown was mandated. Those costs could break up that little empire once and for all.

The continued closure of bars is in the financial interests of the NWG  at this time...and the Pattaya News via employee Judd, by provoking the authorities to act, might be a great help in setting back the re-openings which suits the group just fine?

I didn't dwell too much on the video but the message I heard trumpeted by all three players was 'Open The Bars'.

Am I being too simplistic in taking that and FB posts at face value?

This being a forum inviting discussion perhaps we might hope for clarification from the OP as to what their motive was.........maybe it was just honest to goodness reporting in the public interest.

17 minutes ago, Edge said:

I didn't dwell too much on the video but the message I heard trumpeted by all three players was 'Open The Bars'.

Am I being too simplistic in taking that and FB posts at face value?

The Pattaya News project was obviously created to help and support the vested interest of it's owners (and not to work against those interests), so any cry to "Open the bars!" from Judd and his merry men must be taken with a pinch of salt. Opening the bars now might sink the entire fleet!

PN is being disingenuous, they are using the leverage a media company can apply where a small nudge can be amplified to create a huge and disproportionate resultant effect elsewhere. The "Dark Arts" of journalism.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

15 minutes ago, Klongwater said:

. The "Dark Arts" of journalism.

55555 Not sure I would describe pattaya news as journalism myself :Laugh1:

57 minutes ago, Klongwater said:

The Pattaya News project was obviously created to help and support the vested interest of it's owners (and not to work against those interests), so any cry to "Open the bars!" from Judd and his merry men must be taken with a pinch of salt. Opening the bars now might sink the entire fleet!

PN is being disingenuous, they are using the leverage a media company can apply where a small nudge can be amplified to create a huge and disproportionate resultant effect elsewhere. The "Dark Arts" of journalism.

Well in the follow up report just posted one could draw the conclusion that the objective was to assist with enforcement and continued closures.

Whatever the underlying motives might be, a serious and effective dobbing in seems to have taken place.

Edited by Edge