Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Multi Entry Visa

jimmy2sheds

Hello, I am looking at getting a multi entry visa after this coronavirus. I am from the uk and looking at the thaiembassy london requirements , I meet all requirements, i.e funds in banck etc. The only thing i am unsure of is that it asks for a letter from my employer, but I have recently been paid off due. Would this be an issue or does anyone have any info on what i should do?

would this be a Non-immigrant visa your applying for, if so which type as there is many to choose from. I have a non-immigrant "O" type visa as I married to a Thai

2 hours ago, kentuk3356 said:

would this be a Non-immigrant visa your applying for, if so which type as there is many to choose from. I have a non-immigrant "O" type visa as I married to a Thai

Hi sorry I was looking at the multi entry Tourist visa.

4 minutes ago, jimmy2sheds said:

Hi sorry I was looking at the multi entry Tourist visa.

You will also need a letter of invitation where you plan to stay .At least that was last year's requirements,six months bank statements showing an average of £5000 balance

1 hour ago, worldpunter said:

You will also need a letter of invitation where you plan to stay .At least that was last year's requirements,six months bank statements showing an average of £5000 balance

I’m assuming the OP has already seen the requirements and that’s why he is questioning about the letter from an employer only.

• Like 1

For my self I had a letter of employment, I believe this is to insure have income while in the kingdom. If your presently not employed, I would email or call the embassy and ask them prior to submitting the application, they might understand the current situation in this world 

Hi guys yes I have seen all the requirments listed on the embassys website, everything is ok bar the employment status. Tried calling the embassy many times but unable to get through. I will keep trying.

1 minute ago, jimmy2sheds said:

Hi guys yes I have seen all the requirments listed on the embassys website, everything is ok bar the employment status. Tried calling the embassy many times but unable to get through. I will keep trying.

They’ve been closed but are open again now. However, they are not issuing any visas. I suggest you leave it for now as requirements could well be different anyway by the time we’re allowed back into Thailand.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Getting the medical insurance covering corona will be very hard, as it doesn't exist! Only a brilliant or very troubled mind could make that a condition of entry. You decide which one applies to your visa application.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, CoupleinSyd said:

Getting the medical insurance covering corona will be very hard, as it doesn't exist! 

I think you find it does now :GrinNod1:

27 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

I think you find it does now :GrinNod1:

CV19 is covered by most (decent travel)  insurance but fine print on most/all insurance is government travel advisory notice shall be strictly adhered to... read, if a country is on the list then  traveller is basically on his own if he choose to go

5 hours ago, Kandinski said:

CV19 is covered by most (decent travel)  insurance but fine print on most/all insurance is government travel advisory notice shall be strictly adhered to... read, if a country is on the list then  traveller is basically on his own if he choose to go

Quite correct Sir can as you rightly said and me :rolleyes: get Covid Travel insurance/cover but if your country advises or is still advising against travel it not worth shite.

I sorted mine last week as yearly expired and once back WILL be covered for ANY covid issues so just now need sit tight until advice is lifted against travel....when that will be IMO next 8 weeks

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

WILL be covered for ANY covid issues so just now need sit tight until advice is lifted against travel....when that will be IMO next 8 weeks

Frosty what makes you think that in 8 weeks time that the Thai Government will allow people from the UK to travel for holiday in Thailand?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Frosty what makes you think that in 8 weeks time that the Thai Government will allow people from the UK to travel for holiday in Thailand?

Erm slightly complex why I think this based on some facts n information I am aware of happy to say that some of us will be able to return others probably not.

If it gives any clout to my statement my Brother sits on Cobra which some Bms know about.

Love to say more but you know this Forum n members here which why I stayed out of posting or correcting in any covid threads....There is light at end of tunnel but not for everyone guess is best I prepared to say :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Erm slightly complex why I think this based on some facts n information I am aware of happy to say that some of us will be able to return others probably not.

If it gives any clout to my statement my Brother sits on Cobra which some Bms know about.

Love to say more but you know this Forum n members here which why I stayed out of posting or correcting in any covid threads....There is light at end of tunnel but not for everyone guess is best I prepared to say :rolleyes:

Frosty i very much appreciate your answer and understand that you may have access to more privileged information from the British side of covid.

However the Thai side is a totally different kettle of fish as they have so far the Thai Government has done everything with baby steps with regard to restrictions and opening of certain business. I am really struggling to understand how in 8 weeks the border will be open to travellers from the UK when we have new cases everyday whereas other countries have had no cases at all over a sustained period of time?

On 14/06/2020 at 02:46, jimmy2sheds said:

Hello, I am looking at getting a multi entry visa after this coronavirus. I am from the uk and looking at the thaiembassy london requirements , I meet all requirements, i.e funds in banck etc. The only thing i am unsure of is that it asks for a letter from my employer, but I have recently been paid off due. Would this be an issue or does anyone have any info on what i should do?

No info on ?  but every embassy is different only Thailand would have this with hoops some cant jump

i know this is a fulfilment in the UK embassy website and some others  but it is not in mine ( Australia) see added pic 

Plus n my last application  this question was new  since my last visa (Confirmed accommodation under your name for the duration of your stay in Thailand ) The Clerk  informed me 2 or 3 days is fine.

May be the employment question is one that isn't needed but you will need to ask when open.

I stooped getting METV due to cost and  stopped double entries visa. Now arrive on a SETV and extend and do a visa run. easier and more cost effective for me 

Australian requirements for METV 

image.png.0a10136f297bb8ac2e5d3edba47f647c.png

Edited by talung66

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

You come across as one of those guys in Pattaya bars who says he is ex SAS.

15 minutes ago, CoupleinSyd said:

1082786529_giphy(16).gif.2abf0e1c242e7f0e40e334285bb8f541.gif

3 hours ago, CoupleinSyd said:

Yes Sexy & Sassy but now I'm older for sure that's now in the past and x sas is what I now am :ThumbDown1:

Hi guys I know the embassy isnt issuing visa just now but just been trying to get more info. I emailed some company in thailand. Im sure on the london embassy site it says you cannot apply when in thailand it has to be from within your home country, or is this person talking about something else? Im so confused lol

Screenshot_20200623-100933_Snapchat.jpg

27 minutes ago, jimmy2sheds said:

Hi guys I know the embassy isnt issuing visa just now but just been trying to get more info. I emailed some company in thailand. Im sure on the london embassy site it says you cannot apply when in thailand it has to be from within your home country, or is this person talking about something else? Im so confused lol

He’s talking about something else. The costs they quote are for just getting a re-entry permit if you already have a retirement or marriage visa.

You can only get a Tourist Visa outside of Thailand.

18 minutes ago, davidge said:

He’s talking about something else. The costs they quote are for just getting a re-entry permit if you already have a retirement or marriage visa.

Can you get a marriage visa in thailand , same as the non o  multi entry  ? now the uk thai embassy no longer issue I may look to other way . Last trip i came on a 6 month multi entry tourist visa . I have a thai wife  .

27 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

Can you get a marriage visa in thailand , same as the non o  multi entry  ? now the uk thai embassy no longer issue I may look to other way . Last trip i came on a 6 month multi entry tourist visa . I have a thai wife  .

I’ve only ever looked at the Non-O for Retirement but I can’t see why an agent wouldn’t be able to do the same based on marriage. You’d need to check though. They generally charge 20000-35000 baht depending on the agent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I did ask him just about multi entry tourist visa in my original message, so that why i was confused about the other things he was talking about. Thanks.

Will just wait until everything has settled down and talk to london embassy when time is right.

On 23/06/2020 at 19:16, jimmy2sheds said:

On 23/06/2020 at 20:48, jimmy2sheds said:

I did ask him just about multi entry tourist visa in my original message, so that why i was confused about the other things he was talking about. Thanks.

They are reading you questions properly.

if this is a conversation you having with some one.

They are  not reading you questions properly as mentioned 

Nowhere in the conversation Chris is a replying to a METV

Breaking it down 

image.png.77f18f8e3a376066534a5e827a80c29d.png

He is saying arrive in Thailand on any tourist visa.

Then after get a long term visa from them . Then later you can add single or multiple entries to it.

eg. with non o visa 

image.png.12ee5593bd8c6c26ec4fbb9c90d7305f.png

You are correct or from another country with a letter of reason stating why you couldn't get it from you own country previously.

image.png.fe73e248bb72ff528354851b35195d51.png

Here he is saying he can ADD a multi or single entry option  to a visa.

Referring to his first reply ( not reading your reply correctly)

or eg. you getting a A-0 visa in your home country you will need this keep  it active if you leave the country 

Edited by talung66

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.