IGNORED

Fishing gear

ratcatcher

Just a shot in the dark.

im thinking of buying a couple of new rods and maybe a new reel.(shimano/diawa)

do any of you guys no where to buy good gear at a good price in bkk or patts.

any help would be great,thanks :Whistle:

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

hi mate,

i like fishing myself,i used to go fish in france.

but im here now 9 months and thinking of doing it here.

one thing for sure is shimano if by far out the best brand you can have.

i cant help you out were to buy it,but im sure some people will know.

cheers bob im sure somebody will know a good shop.

you cant beat fishing in thailand

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

:) HI guys yea MIKE shopping mall .5th floor rods reels all the stuff you need.TIGHT LINES

cheers chris :Whistle:

Wriggley Tin 1

Thanks chris .Any idea on prices pal ?

ITS not that expesive but a good sea rod 2000 bhat but pattaya fishing park jomtien you can hire all the gear.Reals 600 bhatt .Pearsonly i would go to the fishing parks were you can rent all the stuff plus bait.

cheers chris :Whistle:

Wriggley Tin 1

hi mate,

i like fishing myself,i used to go fish in france.

but im here now 9 months and thinking of doing it here.

one thing for sure is shimano if by far out the best brand you can have.

i cant help you out were to buy it,but im sure some people will know.

although shimano has made some very good reels they also have made lots of problematic ones...........i think penn is the staple of reel mfgs.

Bring reels from home as you get wacked with import duties when buying good quality gear here.

That being said there are some good shops , one is Seaduction Dive shop near Bali Hai Pier , they have a good selection of rods and reels and the owner is a decent guy and very knowledgeable about what where and how to catch the local fish.

Just a shot in the dark.

im thinking of buying a couple of new rods and maybe a new reel.(shimano/diawa)

do any of you guys no where to buy good gear at a good price in bkk or patts.

any help would be great,thanks :22600584-Th:

Any of you guys do fresh or saltwater flyfishing in LOS?

we could discuss this forever...your first reel doesnt matter...get a shimano baitrunner ( a spinning reel) its easy to use and you can free spool a bait...then you can start getting conventional reels. Here is a thresher i caught off lajolla last summer b4 i went to pattaya

Mike__Mike__and_Darryl_with_shark.jpg

PICT2852.JPG

thresher are good to eat so i keep a thresher and a few Mako every year...sharks are over fished everywhere especially california. At 280lb yes it was a good shark but their was a few that were bigger weighed in. They will move up the coast again in a few months and i will fish more aggressivley this year. i sent the pix to a BG after i caght it and she texted me back " why you kill pity shak ?"

its much easier to bring them in with a two speed reel and a harness...but I dont put the harness on until I get a few good bicep/vanity shots

Nice catch buddy :)

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Why did you kill the shark? Did you eat it, was it a specimen size fish?

You are a vegetarian yes???

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

You are a vegetarian yes???

No.

I hunt and fish, and I kill a lot of my own food. I've even killed shark before, to eat. But almost 100% of the time I sportfish for shark ie catch and release. I haven't killed a shark in over 10 years.

They're a hard fighting, slow growing, slow reproducing fish that are under considerable commercial pressure worldwide and I dislike seeing trophy shots of dead fish on land, if the fish isn't going to be eaten afterwards. I find it much more satisfying nowadays to bring a shark to the side of the boat and take the photos there, and then release it to swim away.

I don't condemn any angler taking a fish for the table, it's anglers walking away from dead fish in the harbour that I don't like. Wasn't having a pop at you there milligan, you seem to be on the same wavelength, fishing sustainably.