Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Large condo for a month

scnitzer3

Hi board,

Hope everyone is safe and getting through this virus.

I'm meant to be in Pattaya now but as we cant I'm now finding myself looking into options and advice for when we can get back to the place we all love.

I'm here today asking if anyone has any advice or suggestions for a condo rental for a month this time next year.

I'm looking yor a one bedroom, but a large living area with good TV and seating for chilling out, also a decent size balcony for the morning coffees and evening pre drinks.

I previously stayed in the Jacuzzi room of Dancewatchers and it's great, large, best balcony and fantastic service but it is creeping up in cost now as for the month it's coming in at 118k Baht and also I'd love a decent pool and pool bar.

I know the location is great for VT6 but I don't mind a bit of walking so don't mind any areas.

Many thanks guys if you have ideas or suggestions and stay safe everyone.

AirBNB has been good for me, especially now with no tourists but in general, I have found some nice condos on there for reasonable prices. You can find better deals once you're on the ground but I like not having to give a deposit and hoping I will get it back without issue.

Cheers ohyesuare, I looked on there and homeaway.com but they were all pretty small or the large ones were 3 bedroom.

I'll continue to look and hopefully find something suitable. 

Yes me too 

Have used Airbnb a few times for 1 month rentals. 

Never had any problems. 

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

On 11/06/2020 at 12:40, scnitzer3 said:

but it is creeping up in cost now as for the month it's coming in at 118k

For 118k a month, you can have a pool villa nowadays, with enough bedrooms for your harem ;-)

Yeah true insearchof, I've been through Airbnb a few times now, I've found a nice one bedroom in VT2 for £500 for the month.

It's a nice size and good balcony so might give Jomtien a try.

• Like 2

On 16/06/2020 at 19:43, insearchofxxx said:

For 118k a month, you can have a pool villa nowadays, with enough bedrooms for your harem ;-)

You can one for a lot less than that! :)

Edited by Rocketboy

Just now, Rocketboy said:

118000฿ per month? ... WTF!! 

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  Typo?  misplaced decimal?

2 minutes ago, wadman said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  Typo?  misplaced decimal?

That or money is no object! 

3 hours ago, scnitzer3 said:

Yeah true insearchof, I've been through Airbnb a few times now, I've found a nice one bedroom in VT2 for £500 for the month.

It's a nice size and good balcony so might give Jomtien a try.

So - 19000 ? How big is that condo? I hope, you won't be disappointed, some of the rooms are rather old fashioned and worn out.

However, the advantage of those old buildings is, you get 1 BRs 70sqm and up, whereas the the newer ones sometimes squeeze a 1 BR into 36 sqm.

On Pratumnak, I currently pay 11,000 for a 1 BR, 49 sqm.

Around Ground Zero, Soi Buakhow, they first quoted 1) 18k , another one 2) 25k for shortterm 1 month for a 1 BR in the ~50sqm size.

2) lowered to 20k, should have offered 17k ...

The condo I'm looking at is 84 sqm.

No it wasnt a typo on the price for the vt6 jacuzzi room, it is very very nice and the balcony with jacuzzi on it is amazing but I can't pay that amount, if I get the £500, I can pocket the rest as spending money.

I'm looking for a bit more chilled out do the pace of Jomtien might suit and it's only a baht bus into Pattaya and a motorbike taxi back.

I could regret it but I'll take the chance I reckon.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, scnitzer3 said:

could regret it but I'll take the chance I reckon.

Well, at current prices 75 -100 shorttimes more for the price difference, that might soften the regrets :P

Thinking of 75 shortimes is doing the opposite of soften lol.

My thoughts are, chill at condo, pool or beach in the daytime then get into Pattaya for the night, it's easy to travel so if I want quiet I can if I want party I can.

This is all Covid and that situation dependent but I'm missing Pattaya so this is helping to plan.

10 minutes ago, scnitzer3 said:

Thinking of 75 shortimes is doing the opposite of soften lol.

My thoughts are, chill at condo, pool or beach in the daytime then get into Pattaya for the night, it's easy to travel so if I want quiet I can if I want party I can.

This is all Covid and that situation dependent but I'm missing Pattaya so this is helping to plan.

Pattaya is plenty quiet at the moment.  No music blaring from beer bars.  Very few people on the streets.  About the only place where it's somewhat busy is soi Buakhao (around TreeTown).

I'm planning my trip for June 2021, just under a year away but I've just cancelled my holiday that was for now and I got want to risk planning something that doesn't happen.

I'm hoping 11 months from now should be back to some sort of normal, I've fingers and toes crossed.

I can’t see it being of any use to the OP, as I think it’s a short term offer only, but I thought I’d mention it in case someone in Thailand now is after a deal:

Casa Pascal have a 147 sq m corner condo in VT6 that they are heavily discounting due to the current situation. It’s 1500 baht a night for stays of a week or more inclusive of utilities and a daily brunch for 2 in the restaurant.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

30 minutes ago, davidge said:

I can’t see it being of any use to the OP, as I think it’s a short term offer only, but I thought I’d mention it in case someone in Thailand now is after a deal:

Casa Pascal have a 147 sq m corner condo in VT6 that they are heavily discounting due to the current situation. It’s 1500 baht a night for stays of a week or more inclusive of utilities and a daily brunch for 2 in the restaurant.

How do you contact them to book it?

Found it, I think. https://condo-pattaya.com/availability says all their condos are booked for the next few months.

Edited by Ohyesuare

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

How do you contact them to book it?

Found it, I think. https://condo-pattaya.com/availability says all their condos are booked for the new few months.

I’m on their mailing list and they sent me an email today. I assumed there was availability or there’s no point in them sending email? :Dunno1:

It said to call them - number is on the website.

image.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

8 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’m on their mailing list and they sent me an email today. I assumed there was availability or there’s no point in them sending email? :Dunno1:

image.jpeg

Probably a cancellation then, thanks for the heads up, will contact them.

4 hours ago, davidge said:

image.jpeg

I'm happy with my VT6 rental company "for now" but I love Casa Pascal and I will give this a strong look. 

• Like 1

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

@scnitzer3 have you considered a condotel - offers the convenience and service of a hotel but with apartment size accommodation. KTK and AtMind might suit, but my favorite is Amari Nova Suites see pictures.

DE2F41AB-51E4-45D5-A061-CCD5A0E46C28.jpeg

262AC743-7570-4A4D-9BC9-01AB48104F98.jpeg

A2878E65-976A-45BB-8A60-27176520F4FA.jpeg

29C72ACA-E244-44A9-BD25-4F0D4E855EA4.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow that's a nice looking place, I didn't even know about condotel I'll have a look into them.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2020 at 19:26, scnitzer3 said:

The condo I'm looking at is 84 sqm.

No it wasnt a typo on the price for the vt6 jacuzzi room, it is very very nice and the balcony with jacuzzi on it is amazing but I can't pay that amount, if I get the £500, I can pocket the rest as spending money.

I'm looking for a bit more chilled out do the pace of Jomtien might suit and it's only a baht bus into Pattaya and a motorbike taxi back.

I could regret it but I'll take the chance I reckon.

"Only a baht bus and a motorbike ride back" will come back to haunt you. Those are the reasons Jomtien is 1/2 price.

Jack

Yes auxnjaxn I do know what you mean as the more I think about it the more I worry lol.

I've emailed Dancewatchers again to see what's available, I think I'd rather a nice condo in a great location than a great condo in an alright location.

I loved being able to walk out either entrance and being right in the middle if all the attractions, I could walk Soi 6, LK Metro or Walking Street