IGNORED

Schengen Visa

Siam Sam

I'm taking the wife to Spain in August with a side trip to Ibiza as well. I know that I need to acquire a schengen visa for her to travel there but what is the actual process involved? Can someone talk me through it? I have done a little research......I know you have to book an appointment at the Spanish embassy where she will be interviewed and you have to take all your paperwork. What does she need? Where can I download the application form? Does she have to show bank statements etc to prove she has enough funds to go on holiday? What else should I know?

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

You simply take your marriage cert and your passports fill schengen forms in off the site and its free.

Simple my wife has had 3 the German Embassy do a postal service.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 1 month later...
You simply take your marriage cert and your passports fill schengen forms in off the site and its free.

Simple my wife has had 3 the German Embassy do a postal service.

I have been on the phone today to the Spanish Embassy in London and according to their information line it says that if you're not a permanent resident in the UK then you have to apply for the visa in your home country (Thailand). This has pissed me right off, as how the fuck am I supposed to apply in Thailand when me and my wife live in the UK?

When you have your visa for the UK , go to the French or Spanish Embasy , Should get it the same day,

In Bangkok?

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

She is a permanent resident she is your wife.

She is on a residents permit 2 years FLR.

Just go on the German embassy site and post it to them 3 days it takes that is all.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

She is a permanent resident she is your wife.

She is on a residents permit 2 years FLR.

Just go on the German embassy site and post it to them 3 days it takes that is all.

Finally got someone from the schengen office in London to give me some answers as the Spanish Embassy never answer the phone and just have an information line that goes on and on and on about things I don't want to know for

Edited by Siam Sam

"Up to me" since 2005

You have a Schengen its multi entry for all countries we travelled to Prague on ours however the Dutch Consulate issued it ???

Technically you are supposed to enter the country which issued it first so for example i can go through Amsterdam and travel freely through the Schengen countries. But they dont care as long as you have a valid visa. The German embassy issue them through the post my friend went straight to Spain on his no problems.

Why are you making all this fuss you simply print the form book an appointment and the visa is issued.

You apply in the UK as you are married if you was not married she applies in her host country. My wife has 3 Schengens in her passport already.

Its not rocket science we do these daily.

You need passports Marriage cert include a letter from your relatives inviting you to stay, or hotel booking with the application.

Simple

Edited by AZZZEY68

Thai Visa Express

You have a Schengen its multi entry for all countries we travelled to Prague on ours however the Dutch Consulate issued it ???

Technically you are supposed to enter the country which issued it first so for example i can go through Amsterdam and travel freely through the Schengen countries. But they dont care as long as you have a valid visa. The German embassy issue them through the post my friend went straight to Spain on his no problems.

Why are you making all this fuss you simply print the form book an appointment and the visa is issued.

You apply in the UK as you are married if you was not married she applies in her host country. My wife has 3 Schengens in her passport already.

Its not rocket science we do these daily.

You need passports Marriage cert include a letter from your relatives inviting you to stay, or hotel booking with the application.

Simple

So why the fuck does it say what I cut and pasted here on their web site? I'm only going by that Paul. I'm not making a fuss, it's just I'm not risking getting to the airport only to be told that my Mrs doesn't have the right visa. If you are 100% certain that she can go to Spain with a visa issued by the German embassy then I'll do it as it will save me having to fuck about and go to London. If the visa is multi entry then I will have no problem taking her to Ibiza for the weekend too while I am in Spain?

I have just been looking on the German embassy web site and they do not do postal applications so I fail to see how your mate got his through the post. You have to book an appointment with them so I may as well go to the Spanish embassy and get the visa through them.

Edited by Siam Sam

"Up to me" since 2005

They do postal applications as i did it for him myself.

Edited by AZZZEY68

Thai Visa Express

Hi, GF has a visitor visa already and will enter the UK for 5 months at the end of april, is it worth trying for a schengen visa at any embassey in bangkok or is it a waste of time as only a vv for the UK.

As i live on the south coast its an easy trip on the euro to france for a day or two.

???????????????

spider

Hi, GF has a visitor visa already and will enter the UK for 5 months at the end of april, is it worth trying for a schengen visa at any embassey in bangkok or is it a waste of time as only a vv for the UK.

As i live on the south coast its an easy trip on the euro to france for a day or two.

???????????????

spider

She has to have been living here for six months before she can get a schengen.

"Up to me" since 2005

You must apply in Bangkok if you are entering on a visitors visa.

Thai Visa Express

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My wife's Schengen visa was approved a few weeks ago at the Spanish Embassy. If anybody wants any information on what is required then PM me.

"Up to me" since 2005

My wife's Schengen visa was approved a few weeks ago at the Spanish Embassy. If anybody wants any information on what is required then PM me.

Well done SS I might need your help next year, if I can remember I will PM you :):)

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Well done SS I might need your help next year, if I can remember I will PM you :P:laugh:

Hey you're not meant to be posting anymore. :D

"Up to me" since 2005

Nice one Sam.

Bet you cant wait to get over and see the rest of the family

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

Its easy if your wife lives in UK with you go on the embassy website its all on their and its free.

Thai Visa Express

Nice one Sam.

Bet you cant wait to get over and see the rest of the family

You know that.

"Up to me" since 2005