IGNORED

Page 10 vs Acqua hotel

Bobson VaGene

Once the borders are open again I'm really looking forward to staying within spitting distance of my favorite hunting ground Soi Honey, so Acqua hotel and Page 10 are obvious choices.

Which is the nicer hotel and why? Also which hotel has the better service for making up rooms, bringing up fresh towels ect.

I haven't stayed at Page 10, but Acqua was very nice, as well as on the expensive side.
The only downside I have seen is that the rooms are not so big. For these kind of prices you can get a room double in size. The shower was also small, you will have trouble showering with the lady. This was the deluxe room.

Other than that the location is great, the staff is great, breakfast selection is good. You have a small gym, sauna and pool on the rooftop, as well as a bar.

If you stay in the second building, most of the times there is no one at reception so you can go straight up with the lady if you prefer that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

I've stayed in Acqua . Room is a little on the small side, but modern and quite and for a good nights sleep/recovery when required.

Roof top pool was good enough to for my needs to catch a few hours of sun. Just watch out the crazy death stairs with no hand rail!

I like staying in the Soi Buakhao area and Acqua is the best hotel I've stayed in around that way. Its just off Soi Honey.

Reasonably priced at the time i went last Novemeber, not as cheap as the like of D hotel. But Worth the extra imo and would be my first choice when we get to return.
  • Like 1

Never stayed at Aqua, its a relatively new hotel so everything still nice and newish, but as someone mentioned the rooms are rather small.

I`ve stayed at Page 10 and can recommend it, its been a popular hotel for years, and generally when an hotel is popular there are reasons for it! :wink:

Have never stayed at Page 10 but have stayed at Acqua several times.

I like it there. Everything is still new and modern.

Yes the smallest rooms are not huge but I never found them to be to restricting at all.

The beds are big and very comfortable and every room I have been in the shower could easily fit 2 people.

Great location and they have a good breakfast buffet

Never had any issues with getting extra towels but they provide quite a few to begin with

I often book direct as they have good discounts.  Right now they are under $40 USD all in which is a good rate for the property.

Another option is Intimate hotel near “The Avenue” in alley Soi 14. Rooms are massive with Queen size beds and small but good pool 12m in length. 5 min walk from Soi Honey. Breakfast is average but just pop to Robin Hood or Kiss food 2 min away. A little cheaper than Page 10. Arcea lodge is another great option with 2 massive pools. It’s 1 min from LK Metro while still being quiet. 

prices can differ a lot between the two. look at specific dates and decide then. 

besides everything else that's mentioned already in the thread: 
Page 10 has no joiner fee (no matter how many guests) and is 18+. The rooms and the beds are bigger and the shower is more spacious. 
Acqua is newer and more nicely designed and looks better. 

personally, everything else being equal, i'd book a grand deluxe king room in Page 10

As an alternative: 247 (same group as acqua) is normally cheaper than both other and the location is imho even a little better (due to it being closer to buakhaow). 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed at both.

I'd pick Page 10 for the same price.

Page 10 has thicker walls, a much bigger room (it's jacuzzi suite is better than Acqua's deluxe), a wider and more comfortable bed.

Swimming pool is a wash.  Aqua has a nice sauna room.

Both breakfasts were about equally poor, but I tend to have fairly high standards for breakfast.

Neither have joiner fees.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2020 at 11:02, Fufu308 said:

I'd recommend acqa as the breakfast is very good quality and the girls loved it :)

Yes mate, one of the better breakfasts in Pattaya. Nice and relaxed - no scrum. Great choice of food. Freshly brewed coffee. Eggs made to order. Hard to fault the Acqua.

63D24418-603B-4B46-8E4B-E812B3F23BED.jpeg

36B8525E-E253-46B4-AF5E-97A050975527.jpeg

BA11A29B-DC1F-423C-A7EF-FBA642C706C4.jpeg

Good breakfast, good but small rooms, nice pool, but the small shower gives me pause.

On 28/06/2020 at 15:04, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Yes mate, one of the better breakfasts in Pattaya. Nice and relaxed - no scrum. Great choice of food. Freshly brewed coffee. Eggs made to order. Hard to fault the Acqua.

I'm not sure when breakfast buffets will be back. When I stayed at the Page 10 last month, all breakfasts were menu sets with no buffet whatsoever. I expect Acqua when it finally opens back up will be the same, at least in the near term. I was staying at  Holiday Inn Express on Buakhao in March, and when things started changing, the breakfast buffet was one of the very first casualties of 'The New Normal'.

To get back to the topic title, I think they are both good hotels, and a stay at either would be comfortable. Acqua is newer, so thier standard room is tiny. I've stayed in the next tier up rooms in both so for me, the shower is better/bigger at Page 10. The esthetic at Acqua is more to my taste. Both allow a guest without charge, but Page 10 is supposed to allow multiple guests. I don't do multiples, so I have no firsthand knowledge of the policy. 

They are both really close to each other, so location is similar. Page 10 is closer to Beach Road, Acqua is closer to Tree Town, and there is a pass-through between Acqua and 247 that allows access to Tree Town without needing to walk down Soi Honey.

• Like 2