IGNORED

I am renting a house, the television I rented is broken, should I ask the landlord to repair it?

Oralie7866

You rented a TV? It didn't come with house? 

The condo I rent there are two TV's. Though I live here as a retiree I purchased a new one for the living room. The one that was in the condo was probably 10 ten years old.

You can ask the owner.

Edited by Rocketboy

It doesn't hurt to ask but there's nothing forcing them to do it that I know of unless you're not locked in and they want to keep you as a tenant.

Of course ask him. When my TV broke my landlord bought a new one

It depends on what is written in your contract.

This is what is written in my rental contracts:

3.6. LESSOR represents and warrants that the domestic appliances and attachments are in good repair and are suitable for use by LESSEE for the purpose of the LEASE AGREEMENT. LESSOR also agrees to repair or replace any items domestic appliances and attachments at LESSEE’s reasonable request, that become damage so long as the damage is not caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of LESSEE’s employee.

3.7. LESSOR represents and warrants that the furniture is in good repair and is suitable for use by LESSEE’s employee for the purposes of the LEASE AGREEMENT. LESSOR’S also agrees to repair or replace any item of furniture at LESSEE’s reasonable request, that become damaged so long as the damage is not caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of the LESSEE.

As a Side note I have reduced the rental price of the apartment in Jada Beach condominium to 5,000tb a month on a 1 year contract.

Take a look at the website. 

JDM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Thanks for the great advice from you guys.

https://mobdrovip.com/

Hey mate,

If you don't ask, you don't get :)

I have always had good success by asking and saying I would pay for it and deduct the cost from the following months rent. Never had an issue. I suspect with most Thai landlords they have already spent your rent so won't have spare cash to replace things. :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The condos I rented last November and March both had TVs go out. When I told the condo owners they replaced them with new ones. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I replaced the broken ones before on my three  condos  , Landlord responsibility for the replacement  otherwise if willfully broken , he/she pays .  After all most TV live up to 10 years , they don’t live forever . No big deal , tenant are only there for short or long term , Landlord should pay . 

• Like 1

Unless you threw a brick at it when a certain world leader opened his mouth you will have no problems 555

• Haha 1