IGNORED

Where to buy new AC unit

jimboh

Looking at buying a new AC unit in Pattaya, been to Namchai and powerbuy but don't get a good feeling, goofey sales staff that are clueless.

Does anybody have a place they could recommend?

Thinking of a Daikin, is there a Daikin shop in Pattaya?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Looking at buying a new AC unit in Pattaya, been to Namchai and powerbuy but don't get a good feeling, goofey sales staff that are clueless.

Does anybody have a place they could recommend?

Thinking of a Daikin, is there a Daikin shop in Pattaya?

I did this in 2018 and went to Namchai and that was a mistake. It was installed incorrectly and I had to get it fixed by another.

The salesman was terrible at Namchai as he knew very little about BTU. He tried to convince me to get a 24000 BTU for a 38 sq room. That is overkill by 12,000 BTU. But his chart said it wasn't

I used this link (I had to convert to sq feet); https://www.calculator.net/btu-calculator.html?roomsize1=430&roomwidthunit=feet&ceilingheight1=9&ceilingheight1unit=feet&people1=1&roomtype1=bedroom&insulation1=normal&sunexposure1=normal&climate1=normal&ctype=room&x=70&y=15

I got a 12,000 BTU and it was perfect for the room. If I had done what he said, I would have had a meat locker and found it impossible to cool properly. I also got the inverter type and it did save Baht on a monthly basis when comparing to the older unti. I like the run of the mill places that will install and maintain.

https://www.facebook.com/Jomtienair.pattaya/

• Like 2

Hey mate,

Just about to go through the same thing. @Greg_B is correct, staff don't know jack. Better to do your own research. 

The one good thing, like back home, is they are 'energy rated' here so it helps to see what is going t put your elec bill through the roof. I am noticing a lot of them are coming with a lot of 'features' that like my TV remote, I will never learn to use, so I don't feel like paying a premium price for that. 

Numchai seems to be the cheapest so far but I am still looking. Daikin is a go to brand back home but a little more expensive. Inverter model is a no brainer. 

The air con is the easy part, finding a competent installer is the hard thing ! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I very recently purchased a Daikin ac with inverter . 24,000btu. I bought from Home Pro. I was not comfortable with the installation. When the home pro technicians finished the install my other 2 air conditioners did not work and they were not supposed to touch them. They also claim no responsibility. I had to call my ac service technicians to come out and repair the damages to the older units and check and service the new unit  properly to my comfort level. Very frustrating. It’s a crap shoot 

Edited by Cheetos
  • Like 2

I know it maybe an odd choice but for Electrical goods I always find Big C has some good deals.

Buy the unit and if you have already a reliable Aircon guy who knows your system ask him to install it.

• Like 2

I bought ours from Index as they had the best offers on their units, no issues with installation either. :wink:

• Like 2

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Central air,theppasit rd jomtien, I bought a 24 btu daikon from them,authorized dealer .was very happy..

Buy Daikin or Mitsubishi Electric ( not heavy industries).  Ring the companys, they may have a list of authorised installers.  You might pay more on the day, but AC is bloody expensive to repair if installed wrong.

• Like 2

I have a guy I have used for many years installs and services all my aircon and many of my friends.

his number is 0898346348.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Don"t bother with the shops go straight to the Daikin shop on Sukhumvit.

It's southbound side I think roughly opposite Father Ray near the flyover somewhere.....good advice prices and fitting service.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Edge said:

Don"t bother with the shops go straight to the Daikin shop on Sukhumvit.

It's southbound side I think roughly opposite Father Ray near the flyover somewhere.....good advice prices and fitting service.

Ditto on this. Good english and ask for Raymond if you want to talk with a farang (he is one of the owners). Professional outfit.

• Like 3