Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Phone vids in Portrait mode

Edge

I just bothered to Edit on down to an aspect ratio which fitted, but there seem to be a plethora of vids posted which you have to scroll up and down to see.
One BM has taken to posting 3-4 in succession which is just a whole mess of scrolling to get past.

Is it not possible to auto size these down so that the height fits on our screens?

7 minutes ago, Edge said:

I just bothered to Edit on down to an aspect ratio which fitted, but there seem to be a plethora of vids posted which you have to scroll up and down to see.
One BM has taken to posting 3-4 in succession which is just a whole mess of scrolling to get past.

Is it not possible to auto size these down so that the height fits on our screens?

Ive read somewhere that videos taken in portrait is the most common mistake amateurs make. We see the world in landscape view .. not freaking portrait.  ($miley)  There are a few very rare exceptions where portrait ok  .. errr like a portrait.

Never seen a proffesional video in portrait.

But not crime of century I guess .... just saying.

1 minute ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Ive read somewhere that videos taken in portrait is the most common mistake amateurs make. We see the world in landscape view .. not freaking portrait.  ($miley)  There are a few very rare exceptions where portrait ok  .. errr like a portrait.

Never seen a proffesional video in portrait.

But not crime of century I guess .... just saying.

Yes it wasn't my video.

It depends what you intend to use it for.
I almost always shoot in Landscape mode, but when you post a Landscape on Facebook in My Story it doesn't work well because it shows in portrait mode so too small......FB meant for phones?

I don't use Tapatalk but maybe it works OK on that.  :Dunno1:

I made the suggestion before it would be better if he first uploaded the videos to YouTube, then link to YouTube in the post. That has the advantage of both resizing the video to fit the screen of the device used to view the msg, and eliminates the stutter start/stop/start I get when playing back videos that have been uploaded directly to the post. I think the stutter playback happens because the video file uploaded is quite large, so on playback the file server can't stream the data fast enough.

As it is, I rarely click on an uploaded vid because of the stutter playback. I'll hazard a guess there are a few other BM's that don't watch the uploaded vids for the same reason. Which is a shame as the BM took the time and effort to take the vid and post.