Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Foreign man accused of murdering Thai woman with machete under the influence of drugs and alcohol in Pattaya

The Pattaya News

23 hours ago, Cropped Shaggy said:

Tell that to the Aussie guy who was stamped out at Ruby Club.

Aussie guy?  You are too generous. He was a drunken bully/thug choking out a petite Thai whore. I could agree with you if he was using a  machete like this recent incident.

10 minutes ago, OKAY said:

Aussie guy?  You are too generous. He was a drunken bully/thug choking out a petite Thai whore. I could agree with you if he was using a  machete like this recent incident.

Choking out? Apparently, it was a regular "joking" thing he did, and the woman encouraged it, but there is a whole ream of reading on the Ruby thread about that case. Actually, calling it a "case" is an insult to intrepid detectives everywhere. Anyway, however you chop it up, a filthy heinous murderer bought his freedom, and I would appreciate if you read that last sentence in the voice of DCI Jim Taggart.

13 hours ago, jocky king said:

I fear that he might be released easily , I remembered a dubliner murdered a thai lady in Pattaya with her hands tied in her back naked , I thought he was locked up for life but then few years later , that same man stabbed an Irish woman ( badly injured , lucky to be alive )  in Dublin , he got away from this prison with 2 million baht bail .  hope both of em rots in prison . 

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrE19se.KxeQEMAUzzBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1588422815/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.independent.ie%2firish-news%2fcourts%2fman-who-stabbed-former-partner-is-on-the-run-for-thai-prostitute-murder-34903351.html/RK=2/RS=rzItEJEgVt8gOa_5VxC6Ld8rQ88-

Violent lot these Irish!

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

6 minutes ago, sooksi said:

Violent lot these Irish!

Every country had bad ones   ....

9 hours ago, Jes_92 said:

Horrible. What is wrong with these people? I can't imagine perhaps sitting in a bar with a guy capable of doing this. I can imagine the girls being wary sometimes before going back to the hotel with a customer. I can't even begin to imagine why someone would do something like this.

Rip the girl 

Thai ladies live by their keen intuition and senses but if drugs are involved, not so much.. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

10 hours ago, Jes_92 said:

Horrible. What is wrong with these people? I can't imagine perhaps sitting in a bar with a guy capable of doing this..............

Sadly we may be slashing the odds somewhat even coming here.

10 hours ago, Jes_92 said:

Rip the girl 

Sometimes punctuation really does matter.  

R.I.P.

• Haha 3

Poor Thais from the Isan region are not viewed that much more highly than farang by the majority of Thai people not from there. 

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, dabhand said:

The guy seems to be connected with an energy renewables company in NI.

Also, looking at the UK companies website, he was a director of an electrical company that was worth about £400k  3/4 years back. It was wound up last year. Maybe the source of his dosh?

Same info about renewables company posted on thaivisa (not by dabhand ) but thats a different guy with same name and even named the company   a quick look on youtube shows the owner  . The electrical contractor part is on the money 

On 02/05/2020 at 11:09, Jes_92 said:

Horrible. What is wrong with these people? I can't imagine perhaps sitting in a bar with a guy capable of doing this. 

Rip the girl 

And thats the scary thing, we just can`t tell the psychos, the guy you were having a laugh and a joke with earlier could well turn out to be a monster after drink or drugs....and sometimes neither of these.

Edited by vimto66
  • Like 2

On 03/05/2020 at 10:36, merv68 said:

Same info about renewables company posted on thaivisa (not by dabhand ) but thats a different guy with same name and even named the company   a quick look on youtube shows the owner  . The electrical contractor part is on the money 

Yes, this article by a local paper in N.I. confirms the electrical contractor connection. Apols for the renewables red herring. No surprise that it also notes his involvement in the local drug trade - maybe his electrical company was used to launder his drug dosh.

Also, an interesting Swedish connection in Pattaya...........

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sex-worker-tells-of-how-she-fought-off-northern-ireland-man-neil-elliott-being-held-over-thai-murder-39176203.html?fbclid=IwAR1ERWjo2HItyj3I-1ZxrnjBbprbkHpV8un4BNLOUcv9VrdvzD4YFK8uV4U

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

Yes, this article by a local paper in N.I. confirms the electrical contractor connection. Apols for the renewables red herring. No surprise that it also notes his involvement in the local drug trade - maybe his electrical company was used to launder his drug dosh.

Also, an interesting Swedish connection in Pattaya...........

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/sex-worker-tells-of-how-she-fought-off-northern-ireland-man-neil-elliott-being-held-over-thai-murder-39176203.html?fbclid=IwAR1ERWjo2HItyj3I-1ZxrnjBbprbkHpV8un4BNLOUcv9VrdvzD4YFK8uV4U

Thanks for the Link, seems to be more than a normal guy who goes on rampage because of  drugs. 

The idea of Jack the Ripper of Pattaya comes into my mind.

Hope someone tells the sex workers relatives that maybe they can sue him for wrongful death and get some of his houses . "Elliott has houses scattered all around Fermanagh," 

• Like 2

On 01/05/2020 at 18:10, sooksi said:

Media don't want to investigate and report FACTS in an unbiased manner..they say simply want to imply sexual immorality cos they are so virtuous!!!

By lumping all media together is a bit like saying all expats in Pattaya are sex fiends.

This is a horrific act and and beating a drum against the media helps no one. 

4 hours ago, WTV said:

By lumping all media together is a bit like saying all expats in Pattaya are sex fiends.

This is a horrific act and and beating a drum against the media helps no one. 

You missed my point..but thats ok..i will. Continue beating my drum thanks!

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 17/06/2020 at 14:19, Dawggy said:

Any updates on this slimeball, how long do court cases normally take in Thailand? 

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-searching-for-irishman-accused-of-murdering-thai-sex-worker-39552306.html

Gardaí searching for Irishman accused of murdering Thai sex worker

September 22 2020 

GARDAÍ are hunting for an Irishman wanted in Thailand for the murder of a sex worker.

The PSNI has asked detectives here to help find Neil Henry Elliott (48), from Fermanagh, who is believed to be in Co Cavan and is suspected of planning to flee the country from Dublin Airport.

Thai authorities want to rearrest him for the murder of a prostitute in Pattaya last April 29.

He has links to Louth, Monaghan and Cavan.

Thai police said the murdered sex worker, named Onn, had been picked up in the red light street Soi Buakhao in Pattaya.

They said she was attacked with a snooker cue “until it snapped” and then killed “with a machete in a drug-fuelled sex session”.

The city on Thailand’s eastern seaboard is notorious for its round-the-clock sex industry.

Mr Elliott is alleged to have visited a strip of closed bars before returning to his rented bungalow with a woman.

Thai police said Ms Onn was found in the bathroom of the property with stab wounds to her neck and right wrist.

Officers said they picked up Mr Elliott on a nearby street after he left the property and crashed a motorcycle.

They subsequently arrested him on suspicion of murder. He was reportedly handcuffed and driven to a police station for questioning.

Police Colonel Chiddecha Songhong, from the Bang Lamung district, said Ms Onn was aged between 35 and 40.

Senior sources told Independent.ie last night that it is not known how or when Mr Elliott left Thailand, but he had relocated to his native Enniskillen and is now believed to be in the Republic.

In May, Col Songhong said the officers detained him after he was interviewed.

“He will be remanded at the station for interrogation while the officers will search his house thoroughly again,” he said.

“There were bloodstains on the floor and blood on many areas of the room.“

A snooker cue was broken and a knife about 60 centimetres long with bloodstains was on the floor.’’

It was reported that Mr Elliott had confessed to killing Ms Onn after a drug-fuelled sex session.

He is said to have admitted binging on the powerful drug yaba – a mix of speed and caffeine – before beating Ms Onn and slashing her with a machete.

It is understood that Mr Elliott claimed he had acted in self-defence and instructed his lawyer to claim diminished responsibility due to the level of drugs in his system at the time of the killing.

A second woman told the Sunday Life newspaper in the North that she had survived a terrifying attack by Mr Elliott in a hotel room only a few months earlier.

Thailand-based sex worker Christina Ka described him as a Jekyll and Hyde character.

“He turned from this normal, happy guy into this complete maniac who was screaming at me, hitting me and trying to strangle me,” she said.

4 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

What a fucking wretch. What the fuck are the Thai authorities doing letting him go in the first place?

He has quite a lot of cash. 

6 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

What a fucking wretch. What the fuck are the Thai authorities doing letting him go in the first place?

That is what you would expect the Journalist for that Newspaper to ask.

But its the same old story.

• 1 year later...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/ni-man-accused-of-thai-sex-workers-murder-skips-trial-41292738.html

NI man accused of Thai sex worker’s murder skips trial
Lawyer says bailed alleged killer Neil Elliott has not been seen in a long time
John Toner  

January 30 2022 07:00 AM

A shamed ex-Royal Irish Regiment soldier who allegedly admitted killing a sex worker in Thailand during a drug-fuelled rampage has failed to turn up for his murder trial.

Neil Elliott (48), who was kicked out of the Army 28 years ago after robbing a milkman, was arrested and charged with murder in Pattaya in April 2020 after reportedly confessing to killing the prostitute, named as Ms Onn, while high on drugs.

Despite the reported confession he later pleaded not guilty and was released on bail pending a trial which was due to begin on Thursday.

However, despite being required to attend by Thai authorities he failed to appear at Pattaya Provincial Court in the Chon Buri province and the trial has now been rescheduled for April.

No warrant has been issued for his arrest at this stage but his lawyer in Thailand, Donlawat Chaisriha, said one is likely to be issued if he fails to attend the next court date.

Elliott’s lawyer also added the Fermanagh businessman had not been seen or heard of “for a long time”.

The murder trial was initially due to begin in May last year but was delayed to Covid-19 and witness related issues.

Months after being arrested on suspicion of the killing, a bearded Elliott was spotted by several people in the Enniskillen and Monea areas of Fermanagh in November 2020, where he is believed to own several properties.

Earlier the same year it was reported Gardai were hunting him in the Republic of Ireland after being alerted that he was on the run and living in Cavan.

Sunday Life later spoke to his lawyer who confirmed Elliott had attended a number of preliminary court hearings in Pattaya in the build-up to his trial after lodging not guilty pleas.

He also coughed up bail of 1,000,000 baht — over £25,000 — in July 2021 before leaving Thailand using one of three or four passports he is thought to possess.

Sources say the former soldier is a wealthy man. Companies House records show his electrical firm, which he wound up in 2020, had assets of £400,000 in 2015, including £204,000 cash in hand, with Elliott as the sole shareholder.

Sunday Life spoke to several members of the Elliott family in September 2021 who said they had not heard from him since the murder.

His brother, who did not give his name, explained: “I don’t know where he is. I’ve not seen him. There’s rumours of him being back. I’ve phoned him in Thailand and he’s not answered the phone.

“It’s very strange... unless he handed in a passport and kept a passport to chance his arm, but what would be the point of coming here? He’d only be sent back again. I don’t know what he’s going to do. That man, as you know, is a law onto himself. He’s not going to phone me anyway, definitely not.”

Elliott was jailed and expelled from the Army for robbing a Fermanagh milkman whose hands were tied by an accomplice in January 1992.

Elliott remains well-known in the county despite having lived in Thailand for some time. Locals said he brought a Thai girlfriend back home on a recent visit.

“Elliott has houses scattered all around Fermanagh. One of the houses he owns in Fermanagh is rented out as an Airbnb. It was in the garage at the rear where he staged his illegal poker schools,” one explained.

CCTV images released by Thai police in May 2020 showed Elliott picking up a woman, named locally as Onn, before taking her on his motorbike back to his detached home, which had a large Ulster flag in the window.

Police officers picked up Elliott on a nearby street after he left his property and crashed a motorcycle. They provided scene of crime photographs showing the broken snooker cue he allegedly used to kill the sex worker.

He is said to have admitted binging on a powerful drug called yaba — a mix of speed and caffeine — before attacking Onn. Thai police said: “We found the victim in the bathroom. She had stab wounds on her neck and on her right wrist.

“The suspect met her and took her home. He said they both used drugs, which led to chaos. He attacked her until she was dead.”

I guess the cost of a Thai life is 1,000,000 THB, sure it's much less to get away with the murder of a foreigner. 

ON BAIL: Neil Elliott