Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf in UK

penboy

At the risk of receiving some Wrath from some members, does anyone think that golf will re-start in the UK in the next couple of months. My subs are due and given I only play from April - Sept. in the UK if we don't get going soon, it ain't really worth it. I know people have more important things on their minds and I don't mean any disrespect to them but I've got fuck all going on in my life :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Definitely no disrespect at all.  It was on the forefront of my mind out here in the US for quite some time.  Have you gotten back on the course yet out there?  I was roughly scheduling to take a trip out to the UK to visit a friend in late fall that has been temporarily called off that included some golf.  We are back here playing in most parts of the states and thankfully where I am located at least.

1 hour ago, The Goose said:

Definitely no disrespect at all.  It was on the forefront of my mind out here in the US for quite some time.  Have you gotten back on the course yet out there?  I was roughly scheduling to take a trip out to the UK to visit a friend in late fall that has been temporarily called off that included some golf.  We are back here playing in most parts of the states and thankfully where I am located at least.

Yes we are back playing. We started in mid-May and mostly in 1 balls. A 2 ball was allowed as long as they lived in the same household. After a couple of weeks we went to 2 balls and people from different households could play together. Club house remained shut, but that is probably changing as I type. Pubs in England are allowed to open, so I guess club houses will open up. I live in Wales and we are slower to lift the lockdown than England.

2 ball social comp for men taking place today, once further easement takes place I guess our 3 ball comps will get going and first few Saturdays will be Board comps. Try and catch up before Autumn sets in.

No visitors allowed yet, due to 5 mile travel ban. This will soon change. I've really enjoyed the last few weeks. Everyone has to book tee times, 10 mins apart, no visitors, 18 holes done in a little over 3 hours.

I guess that our course will be very busy with visitors once lockdowns are eased further. We depend a lot on visitors green fees so our finances will be poor unless we get going with visiting parties.

That's great to hear.  I've also oddly enjoyed this golfing time too.  Very wide open courses for the most part and people seem a bit more relaxed and tolerant out there which is always a plus

1 minute ago, The Goose said:

That's great to hear.  I've also oddly enjoyed this golfing time too.  Very wide open courses for the most part and people seem a bit more relaxed and tolerant out there which is always a plus

People are pretty friendly where I live and play golf, but yes, I too have noticed a more friendly way of people. In April, I had actually written off golf in the UK until September/October. It was great that they let us back. I feel lucky because the crown green bowling clubs are still closed. Similar to golf, it is outside and can be played in pairs. I feel sorry for them.