IGNORED

Pattaya water levels remain low as Chak Nok reservoir sits at roughly 5 percent of capacity

The Pattaya News

Pattaya- The Provincial Water Authority has warned Pattaya and Chonburi residents to conserve water at this time as due to lack of rain and an ongoing drought the Chak Nok reservoir currently sits at roughly 5 percent of capacity. Local residents have contacted The Pattaya News over the past week complaining about lack of water […]

The post Pattaya water levels remain low as Chak Nok reservoir sits at roughly 5 percent of capacity appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 1

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Good to finally see local reporting on the dire water situation. Posts here have been tracking the decreasing water levels since last November.

• Like 2

I would more concerned about this than the "other" issue affecting Pattaya

12 hours ago, paulrob said:

I would more concerned about this than the "other" issue affecting Pattaya

Correct. It is a far more serious issue at this time. 

I put an extra tank in 2 weeks ago. Thank goodness. The current city supply pressure is not adequate to keep the tanks full..... We have to be very careful now. Many water trucks in the viallage.

• Like 1

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I knew the water situation was pretty bad but 5% ??? :68:

That sounds almost apocalyptic. Is that lake Pattaya's sole source ?

I'm sure i don't read nearly as much about Patts as some/many/most of you but how could I not have read/heard about exceptionally stringent water restrictions ?

There ARE such restrictions in Patts right now, no ?

• Like 1

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

53 minutes ago, sulu said:

I knew the water situation was pretty bad but 5% ??? :68:

That sounds almost apocalyptic. Is that lake Pattaya's sole source ?

I'm sure i don't read nearly as much about Patts as some/many/most of you but how could I not have read/heard about exceptionally stringent water restrictions ?

This post explains the water distribution system and the various water sources in the area.

Out where I live we get water about 1 day in 3 and that’s been the case for a few weeks now.

Had to chuckle at a very silly comment on FB which said “just use the water delivery trucks”. Doesn’t take a genius to know they will run out too as they fill up from mains supply.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

10 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Out where I live we get water about 1 day in 3 and that’s been the case for a few weeks now.

Had to chuckle at a very silly comment on FB which said “just use the water delivery trucks”. Doesn’t take a genius to know they will run out too as they fill up from mains supply.

Bore holes drying up too....don't a lot fill up that way?

I thought quite a lot of folk out on DS had their own bore holes (I did) but it might depend how deep they went.

3 hours ago, sulu said:

:Laugh1: Nope. They occasionally mention on the radio, but it has been overshadowed by the virus stuff.....

I think their form of 'restrictions' is just turning the taps off....

The skies are rumbling as I type, just maybe we may get some rain :D

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png