IGNORED

90 day visa extension for tourists arriving after March 1

lvartist

On April 1 I read this announcement:

""Deputy ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun announced that the cabinet has responded with a move to grant automatic renewal of tourist visas for visitors who arrived in Thailand after March 1. The proposal was approved by the cabinet yesterday and is set to be officially announced sometime soon. The situation will relieve a lot of the stress the visits to crowded immigration offices has been causing to tourists and visitors."

In the original proposal the visa extension would be good until June 30, 2020. Again applicable to tourists arriving after March 1.

Supposedly more details would follow shortly. So far I have found nothing that outlines the process and costs.

Has anyone on this forum who arrived after March 1 tried to obtain a 90 day extension? If yes, please share your details. 

I plan to go to immigration myself during the next 10 days. But with the government now threatening a 24 hour curfew I may go sooner. Any real information, emphasis on real not conjecture, would be appreciated. I would like to know prior to my visit what to expect.

Thanks

• Ru4Real locked this topic