IGNORED

Which end of Pattaya for first timer?

artinamerica

I will be a first-timer in Pattaya in August 2009.

I need to decide which end of Pattaya is maybe best for a first-time visit?

I have found some places to stay around soi 2 and 3, and I have found places to stay around Walking Street area and soi diamond.

So, which end can give me the best first-time experience, in your experienced opinions?

I am thinking that maybe I should just stay 1 month at each end, and be done with it?

I will apply for the 60-day tourist visa for my first time, and stay 2 months.

I read all the good stuff here on this forum every day, but I am interested in opinions about which end is best for various interests.

I expect to get some soapy massages at soi2, and maybe see Walking Street because it is there, and is a must-see. Opinions appreciated!

Edited by artinamerica

I would stay on soi 7 or 8.

In the middle of everything with decent affordable hotels. check eastiney group.

use the baht bus on beach road for walking street and on 2nd road to get down to soi 2 for soapys.

I agree 100%.

I always stay there, there are heaps of bars both these Sois so you dont have to go too far, and as the post above says, very easy to go further to the other areas.

Also, some good places with 'happy hours' prices for earlier/daytime drinking.

Can't wait to be back there soon..

I stayed on soi 8 last december as a first timer. If you stay there, Every single time you step out of the hotel you will hear shouts at you saying: ·sexy man" "Welcome" "Uuuuuuuu!!!!!" from the beer bars girls.....On your first day this is great as you think you are dreaming or in the set where the movie "The Wizard of Hoz" was shot. But after a few days I changed my mind and would have prefered a quieter environment and just head to the Action areas when feel like.

On the other hand, as a first timer You will probably spend many nights on WS since there's where you'll find a high concentration of Bars and Agogos to discover. So I would stay nearby but not inside the area because can be too noisy. During the day baht buses pass every minute or even more frequentely, so you can get to the other end of the road in 5 minutes for .......let's say paying a visit to the sopies or Soi 6 or......

In fact this is my plan for my second trip next june. Anyway, it all depends on your nature, as you can see some BMs feel great on soi 7-8.

I would say soi 13 at Whitehouse, Sandy Sprring or other on the same soi.

Quiet soi in the middle of everything :-)

I completely agree. Soi 13 is quiet but still ideally located. I always stay at the Sandy Springs.

Yes, I like the idea of Soi 13. It is close enough to Walking Street and very close to Pattayland. There are some nice hotels there and it is quiet during the day and not too bad at night. You can rent a motorcycle to drive around the the North end of Pattaya and if you want to move then you can do that as well.

Supporting Thai ladies donation by donation.

Thanks for all the replies!

Now I have some info for even more fun research here.

I had done no research on the Soi 6 to 13 areas at all yet, but now I will have to check them out too.

Is this forum great, or what?

I absolutely KNOW I am going to have a greta time in Pattaya.

Whoo-hoo! Come on August.

Edited by artinamerica

Thanks for all the replies!

Now I have some info for even more fun research here.

I had done no research on the soi 6 to 13 areas at all yet, but now I will have to check them out too.

Is this forum great, or what?

I absolutely KNOW I am going to have a greta time in Pattaya.

Whoo-hoo! Come on August.

You certainly will mate !!

And i can promise you one thing it will be the first of many.

I usually stay at River Apartments in Soi 4. Nice quite location, I stayed there on my first trip to Pattaya and I am always happy with the place and I keep going back there, rooms are safe and secure. Close to Soi 6, Big C and of course the beach is only seconds away. Its pretty far from the Walking Street part of town but a few minutes in a Baht bus and your there.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

i stay the other end of town nacklun straight along 2 road to r/b straight over through traffic light on let the swasee dee its 500 a night it has bars food and not to much hastle, the pick ups can take you around or rent a bike when you get your bearings you can move around lots of place to stay. If you stay in 7 or 8 it can be a drag if your their for a while but fipper in 8 or easterny in 7 are ok stayed in both.

• 1 month later...

any ane have info abt sandy springs?

any girl fee .....

any ane have info abt sandy springs?

any girl fee .....

No fees. Plenty of reports on Sany Springs if you search.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I've heard talk about girl fees, but so far in two countries have never been charged.....

Anyone busted in Pattaya with girl fees?

175px-Royal_Navy_Albion_silhouette.png

My advice is that if you are staying for 2 months, then this advice really isn't going to be that important for you. You have plenty of time on the ground to learn the lay of the land, and should check out a variety of locations throughout your stay. Once you've learned the ropes a bit, you'll find that the physical location of your hotel is not really that important as long as your withing a reasonable baht bus ride of where you like to party.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I stay in LK Metro area and love it, good rooms at great prices. Some good bars to hang out during the day, Soi Buckaow at on end, Soi diana and short 2 min walk to second rd at the other, straight across and down soi 13 to beach rd/Walking St. Would highly recommend it.

i stayed in naklua (walking distance to beach road) and we walked the entire beach road and Walking Street every day. so, you can do it all. No need to experience it in sections although it might be better because I went so many places in 1 day I can't remember where I went!