IGNORED

247 Boutique bed options

Smeghead76

Hey all,

So Ive just booked a quick one week trip for this month and have been looking at hotels.

I can get a really good deal on a room @247 Boutique using some leftover frequent flyer points. The deal though states the riom is either a Queen bed or two singles. No option to choose

From ppl who have stayed there previously, what 's the chances of actually end up with the two singles?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I'm meant to be staying there in a couple of week's time too.  (Haven't decided whether to cancel yet... I seem to change my mind almost hourly.)

I booked through booking.com and I kinda recall choosing between double & twin at some point in the process. Does it maybe mention double / twin in the room name? Or maybe list king bed in the room features?

1 hour ago, Smeghead76 said:

Hey all,

So Ive just booked a quick one week trip for this month and have been looking at hotels.

I can get a really good deal on a room @247 Boutique using some leftover frequent flyer points. The deal though states the riom is either a queen bed or two singles. No option to choose

From ppl who have stayed there previously, what 's the chances of actually end up with the two singles?

No chance of it being configured as 2 singles if that's not what you want.  Really the difference will be whether it's an actual Queen bed, or the 2 singles pushed together.  I prefer the 1 bed as sometimes the 2 singles shift apart slightly and it annoys me.  I just left yesterday morning and it's pretty quiet in there.  I don't think you'll have any issues getting the Queen bed if that's what you ask for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobbie-b said:

I'm meant to be staying there in a couple of week's time too.  (Haven't decided whether to cancel yet... I seem to change my mind almost hourly.)

I booked through booking.com and I kinda recall choosing between double & twin at some point in the process. Does it maybe mention double / twin in the room name? Or maybe list king bed in the room features?

I think it's because I'm going through the frequent flyer program site to book it I am not seeing the option but I will check again

1 hour ago, phuclam said:

No chance of it being configured as 2 singles if that's not what you want.  Really the difference will be whether it's an actual queen bed, or the 2 singles pushed together.  I prefer the 1 bed as sometimes the 2 singles shift apart slightly and it annoys me.  I just left yesterday morning and it's pretty quiet in there.  I don't think you'll have any issues getting the queen bed if that's what you ask for.

I'm with you on the preference for a double bed instead of two singles pushed together, especially when the action gets good .

Thanks for the info, always good to hear from someone who has been on the ground very recently.

How was the hotel overall?

247 is very popular. there are quite a few threads on it if you want more reviews. 
it's my go to default hotel
book it unless you're someone that wants a big room (or a big balcony). 

• Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

8 minutes ago, petehoax said:

247 is very popular. there are quite a few threads on it if you want more reviews. 
it's my go to default hotel
book it unless you're someone that wants a big room (or a big balcony). 

Cheers @petehoax I have read a few of the reviews, just didn't find the specific answer to my question until I asked.

2 minutes ago, Smeghead76 said:

Cheers @petehoax I have read a few of the reviews, just didn't find the specific answer to my question until I asked.

sorry, i didn't meant to imply that you should not have asked the question. no worries! 

just wanted to let you know that you will find many (mostly positive) reviews of it.

i've stayed there probably 7 times and never had a single bed (or two single beds pushed together). but i cannot guarantee of course that it won't happen to you. 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, petehoax said:

sorry, i didn't meant to imply that you should not have asked the question. no worries! 

just wanted to let you know that you will find many (mostly positive) reviews of it.

i've stayed there probably 7 times and never had a single bed (or two single beds pushed together). but i cannot guarantee of course that it won't happen to you. 

All good mate.

Yeah no garuntees I know but yeah the reviews are definitely mostly positive.

I'll probably take the punt as it's my fav local to stay

Just booked the room with my points.

Added a request for the double bed option so let's see how this goes

2 hours ago, Smeghead76 said:

I'm with you on the preference for a double bed instead of two singles pushed together, especially when the action gets good .

Thanks for the info, always good to hear from someone who has been on the ground very recently.

How was the hotel overall?

247's still good, I've been staying there for years with only short detours to Acqua and H Boutique when I couldn't get the entire length of my stay booked there.  The back side is still noisy even though the worst thing behind the hotel is no longer there (the concert stage that was there around 1-2 years back) so I'd recommend asking for a room on the Soi Honey side.  If you stay out late like I do, this isn't too much of a problem but sometimes you may want a nap in the evening and it's just way too loud back there.  The Family Mart just outside the hotel is gone now, and I found that I missed it more than I intially thought.  There's a 7-11 further down the soi at the corner of Second Road, but the round trip feels significantly further when all you need is some random item in the middle of the night.  I also noticed this year that they enforced the 20+ age policy more strictly.  Officially it's always been 20+, but up until this year they never stopped me so just keep that in mind if it applies to you.  Other than that, you'll like the place.  The location just can't be beat and is the main reason I stay there.  Haven't even been home for 24 hours and I want to go back already.. :)  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2

I’m here now lovely hotel nice rooms not seen singles in any room, only one fault to stop me coming again, and that is it’s very noisy till 2-3am from Tree Town at the back, Soi Honey not that bad unless a bar has a party.

33 minutes ago, phuclam said:

247's still good, I've been staying there for years with only short detours to Acqua and H Boutique when I couldn't get the entire length of my stay booked there.  The back side is still noisy even though the worst thing behind the hotel is no longer there (the concert stage that was there around 1-2 years back) so I'd recommend asking for a room on the Soi Honey side.  If you stay out late like I do, this isn't too much of a problem but sometimes you may want a nap in the evening and it's just way too loud back there.  The Family Mart just outside the hotel is gone now, and I found that I missed it more than I intially thought.  There's a 7-11 further down the soi at the corner of Second Road, but the round trip feels significantly further when all you need is some random item in the middle of the night.  I also noticed this year that they enforced the 20+ age policy more strictly.  Officially it's always been 20+, but up until this year they never stopped me so just keep that in mind if it applies to you.  Other than that, you'll like the place.  The location just can't be beat and is the main reason I stay there.  Haven't even been home for 24 hours and I want to go back already.. :)  Enjoy your trip!

Thankfully under 20 isn't usually a problem for me.

It's rare I go for ladies so young and even rarer still for me to take them LT and to the hotel.

Cheers for all the help

16 minutes ago, ronthebrummie said:

I’m here now lovely hotel nice rooms not seen singles in any room, only one fault to stop me coming again, and that is it’s very noisy till 2-3am from Tree Town at the back, Soi Honey not that bad unless a bar has a party.

Cheers for that.

I've asked for a quiet room so let's see how it goes

2 hours ago, Smeghead76 said:

Cheers for that.

I've asked for a quiet room so let's see how it goes

I did as well moved from front to back floor 2 to 5 still bloody noisy booked my November trip to Sleep with me, mate stopped there Nov still within walking distance, why stay in a noisy Soi when you walk anywhere in 10 minutes.

I've stayed here before, if you specifically ask for the Queen size bed at the booking stage you shouldn't have any problems...that's what i did.

BTW, the walls a paper thin, so if next door neighbor likes to visit the nightclubs early in the morning(s) & brings back a screamer...then you'll definitely know about it 55555555 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, felix the cat said:

I've stayed here before, if you specifically ask for the Queen size bed at the booking stage you shouldn't have any problems...that's what i did.

BTW, the walls a paper thin, so if next door neighbor likes to visit the nightclubs early in the morning(s) & brings back a screamer...then you'll definitely know about it 55555555 

A screamer in the other room is just a late night or early morning challenge waiting to be accepted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TBH, over all my trips and the different accommodations I've chosen over the years, I've always been surprised (and maybe a little disappointed) at how seldom it's happened.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobbie-b said:

TBH, over all my trips and the different accommodations I've chosen over the years, I've always been surprised (and maybe a little disappointed) at how seldom it's happened.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Same.

Although I was the one creation enough noise with a lady in Bangkok that reception had to come up

3 hours ago, Smeghead76 said:

A screamer in the other room is just a late night or early morning challenge waiting to be accepted.

It's especially interesting if you're in one of the rooms that has a connecting door to the adjacent room..  It lets in so much sound, it's almost as if they're in the room with you lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahahaha.....

Meow!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk