Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Rough Past few days in Jomtien

ChiFlyer

It's like a disease, the pipe works are everywhere... They never actually seem to finish anything.... 

What a pain in the ass, but thank goodness for small mercies, if COVID had not decimated the place the traffic would come to a standstill... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Pipe now repaired but some damage to road at traffic lights and also lots of grit on the road. Lights not working, take care if passing by.

• 6 months later...
On 01/03/2020 at 10:28, ChiFlyer said:

They just kicked off a new wave of construction where Jomtien Second Road meets Thappraya. You can not make the turn toward Beach Road if coming from the North. You have to continue straight. It is jammed up all the way to Rompho. So if you live South of Thepprasit on the VT2 side of the street, you have to go all the way to Rompho or the soi 9 turnabout and fight your way back. Baht buses are seriously impacted as well.

To add injury to insult the transformer blew at VT2A and the building has been without electricity for close to 2 days now. I live there, but we were able to move to the GF's condo near Jomtien Second Road and soi9. O well, Back Fabrick and Laong's are right across the street.

Me and the missus were just leaving last year to come back to the Uk after our 3 month overwintering. We own a condo in vt2a.  It was quite an event with loads of Thai women getting hysterical and shouting down committee members in the lobby. Whilst the powercut went on and on - it started with multiple explosions on the poles outside the 7/11 as the underground cable had shorted and blown up the lines further down. 

We decamped to Jomtien 5 hotel in Soi 4 till they fixed it. The contactors did a great job for around 300k in the end by taking the leccie on poles rather than trying to fix the broken underground cable. What made it worse was I was paranoid about covid at the time and a couple of Thai woman were coughing like dogs with a raspy lung rattling cough so we got the hell out of there. They have upgraded at least 2 of the lifts now, it's a good place to live, buy or rent. 

4 hours ago, bsand said:

Me and the missus were just leaving last year to come back to the Uk after our 3 month overwintering. We own a condo in vt2a.  It was quite an event with loads of Thai women getting hysterical and shouting down committee members in the lobby. Whilst the powercut went on and on - it started with multiple explosions on the poles outside the 7/11 as the underground cable had shorted and blown up the lines further down. 

We decamped to Jomtien 5 hotel in Soi 4 till they fixed it. The contactors did a great job for around 300k in the end by taking the leccie on poles rather than trying to fix the broken underground cable. What made it worse was I was paranoid about covid at the time and a couple of Thai woman were coughing like dogs with a raspy lung rattling cough so we got the hell out of there. They have upgraded at least 2 of the lifts now, it's a good place to live, buy or rent. 

I agree about VT2A being a good place to live here in Jomtien due to the location, parking, overall security, pool area, and in my case having some friends in the building. I also like the work that the current co-owners committee is doing to keep the place well maintained. The second elevator is not quite done just yet, should be in a couple of more weeks. After that the service elevator will need to be upgraded, so one of the other two will have to double as the service elevator for 3 months. That is about how long an elevator upgrade takes.

btw - I am on the distribution list for some of the co-owner committee communications and replies, despite not being a co-owner. I am a very long term renter (currently a two year contract) so I get a little consideration in that regard. The committee itself does good work, but some of the co-owners would like to take a more austere approach to things. I swear to God that some of these guys would complain about most anything. 

With regard to lessons learned from last year's electric outage, the operating team has gotten some relidgeon about testing things from time to time.

On 01/05/2021 at 19:08, ChiFlyer said:

I agree about VT2A being a good place to live here in Jomtien due to the location, parking, overall security, pool area, and in my case having some friends in the building. I also like the work that the current co-owners committee is doing to keep the place well maintained. The second elevator is not quite done just yet, should be in a couple of more weeks. After that the service elevator will need to be upgraded, so one of the other two will have to double as the service elevator for 3 months. That is about how long an elevator upgrade takes.

btw - I am on the distribution list for some of the co-owner committee communications and replies, despite not being a co-owner. I am a very long term renter (currently a two year contract) so I get a little consideration in that regard. The committee itself does good work, but some of the co-owners would like to take a more austere approach to things. I swear to God that some of these guys would complain about most anything. 

With regard to lessons learned from last year's electric outage, the operating team has gotten some relidgeon about testing things from time to time.

I was at the AGM this year when the many moaners put themselves up for election and got short shrift from the vote. If it was left to them it would quickly turn to sh!t. Some very good deals to be had there at the moment either renting/buying. One of the best condo pools in Jomtien as well , well maintained and not full of kids playing on waterslides and the like that a lot of the new conos seem to prefer. Plus it's very quiet and safe and hassle free - we were there from beginning of December to end of March and our floor was half empty. 

Edited by bsand

On 01/03/2020 at 18:32, ChiFlyer said:

All of the above. It has to do with the Thai use it or lose it budgeting system from what I have been told.

Road works always suck no matter where you live. But I guess during the pandemic the impact is lower on traffic than usual. At least that’s how it is here in Norway at the moment, way less cars on the road due to many working from home. Things that would cause insufferable queues are now a minor nuisance. Doesn’t look like I’ll be back at vt2 until next summer now 2022. Please make sure the roadworks and the transformer is fixed by then :D

edit. I just realised I could have written this post last summer, a year ago… maybe I even did 555. Not a f’in thing has changed. It’s like Groundhog Day here.

Edited by w1lly