IGNORED

British man allegedly attacked and beaten by group of Thai men at Pattaya Beer Bar

The Pattaya News

Pattaya-A British man has sustained several injuries after allegedly being attacked at a bar in Central Pattaya this morning. Lieutenant Chanikan Pueanpinit of the Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at 5:00AM at the Made in Thailand beer bar complex in Central Pattaya. Police arrived at the scene to find Ms Yupawadee Tieangtam, […]

The post British man allegedly attacked and beaten by group of Thai men at Pattaya Beer Bar appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

I saw this news on my FB feed in the morning, didn't see any further update from any other news site. Trawled the forum as well but did not find any search item matching the news.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/02/26/british-man-allegedly-attacked-and-beaten-by-group-of-thai-men-at-pattaya-beer-bar/

Guys on the ground or in the know do you have any updates, seems to be a relatively well known bar, I remember shisha being available as well.

Since I didn't see any further updates I thought it might be a case of news suppression & wishing the incident away from public memory & discourse. 

................................................................................................................

Sounds like it was some kind of internal beef... not some random fight with a farang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Thai girl had bought the bar from the Thai owners of the bar next to it. (no doubt funded by her farang boyfriend). Boyfriend (the guy who was attacked) was always at the bar, he was a well know guy so farangs would show up to the bar to see him, making the bar busy. Casual customers walking past would see the bar busy and so also choose to go in. This left the original bar with very few customers. A simple case of jealousy because the popular farang had turned it into into a busy and successful bar.

Edited by BangkokBangher
typos

56 minutes ago, BangkokBangher said:

A Thai girl had bought the bar from the Thai owners of the bar next to it. (no doubt funded by her farang boyfriend). Boyfriend (the guy who was attacked) was always at the bar, he was a well know guy so farangs would show up to the bar to see him, making the bar busy. Casual customers walking past would see the bar busy and so also choose to go in. This left the original bar with very few customers. A simple case of jealousy because the popular farang had turned it into into a busy and successful bar.

That's not true. The farang had been using some very underhanded tactics to poach   (long term) customers from the bar next door, this had / has been going on for ages and was angering the manager and his staff.  

It all came to head the other night. 

4 minutes ago, mikkle said:

That's not true. The farang had been using some very underhanded tactics to poach   (long term) customers from the bar next door, this had / has been going on for ages and was angering the manager and his staff.  

It all came to head the other night. 

What exactly were these ''underhand tactics''? Cheaper beer, nicer women, better service? :)

Well he didnt beat himself up. And i have not many sober rational people at 5am. So usual Thai bollocks.