Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Advice on must eat places!

batista275

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for these amazing reviews of food.Makes me wonder if I prefer food over women

So I will be bringing two of  my close mates to Pattaya(pattaya virgins).Need some advice.We will be staying near Walking Street.

1.A reasonable Thai place to have Thai food - except street food

2.A British pub - I have seen so many posts about them

3.A breakfast cafe

4.A buffet(about 500-600 bhat per person)

5.A dessert place - Thai and Non Thai

6.Mexican food

7.Street food - kebabs,seafood,shawarma

Thanks a lot

Edited by batista275
topipc

It is really difficult to answer this without knowing a little more about you.

• What is your price tolerance?
  • Where do you stay (South Pattaya, Central Pattaya, Phratamnak, Jomtien, Naklua, Dark Side, other)
  • Do you have your own transportation, if not are you willing to get off of the baht bus routes?

Anyway, assuming that you stay in Pattaya, Taco Taco is good Mexican Food.

Thai food.. 

Opposite kiss food on 2nd road. Their is a Thai restaurant . It looks a little run down. " only open in the day early till about 7pm"  Mainly used by Thais ! The lady that runs it. may seem rude at first. "But she is really nice"  They have a picture card menu ! clean and cheap.

My favourite is pork and beef noodles 60 bht. and it fills me up for the day/night .

If your friends are new to Thai food say.. nit noy.. [not hot ] you can add spices your self..

Edit... You can also try the food court . In side Buakhao  market.. a big choice of thai food and good prices 

Edited by gitteyman
just to add a few words

10 minutes ago, gitteyman said:

Thai food.. 

Opposite kiss food on 2nd road. Their is a Thai restaurant . It looks a little run down. " only open in the day early till about 7pm"  Mainly used by Thais ! The lady that runs it. may seem rude at first. "But she is really nice"  They have a picture card menu ! clean and cheap.

My favourite is pork and beef noodles 60 bht. and it fills me up for the day/night .

If your friends are new to Thai food say.. nit noy.. [not hot ] you can add spices your self..

Another option in the same area is So's Place. Walk thru The Avenues and one should see it easy enough on Soi 15. There is a significant thread about the place in this forum started with an Evil Penevil endorsement.

Also, if you continue down Soi 15 toward Buakhao you will see the former Thai Thai Kitchen location soon to be, if not already, opened as Mum (IIRC).

Edited by ChiFlyer

Still on Soi 15 u can't go wrong with Hideaway !

Big portion, Farang and Thai food ,clean and quiet place, friendly staff. 

IMG20191227193515.jpg

IMG20190419123436.jpg

IMG20190417202720.jpg

IMG20190406205430.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mlay said:

Did you have it all in one go, LOL

Food in Rib shack is generally really go (personally I don't like the burger buns) -  ribs & corn is my  favorite dish there

2 hours ago, gitteyman said:

Just a small point:  "Nit noy"  means "a little bit" in English.  "Mai pet" is the usual phrase to indicate "not spicy" or "not hot" in terms of capsicum heat.  "Mai pet" tells the server that you don't want a lot of Thai chili peppers or hot sauce in your dish.  Thai chilis (aka bird's eye chilis) are on average 15 times "hotter" than jalapenos on the Scoville Scale of capsicum heat, so a little bit goes a long way for most farang.

I'll come with recommendations for the OP in another post.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Taco House on the darkside for Mexican food great food good value for money

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Just a small point:  "Nit noy"  means "a little bit" in English.  "Mai pet" is the usual phrase to indicate "not spicy" or "not hot" in terms of capsicum heat.  "Mai pet" tells the server that you don't want a lot of Thai chili peppers or hot sauce in your dish.  Thai chilis (aka bird's eye chilis) are on average 15 times "hotter" than jalapenos on the Scoville Scale of capsicum heat, so a little bit goes a long way for most farang.

I'll come with recommendations for the OP in another post.

Evil

I think that "mai pet" are two of the most important Thai words to know if you want to enjoy real Thai Food- cheers

• Like 1

1.A reasonable Thai place to have Thai food - except street food - MAE SRI RUEN - Beach Road in between View Talay 6 and Central Festival Mall - other branches dotted around town

2.A British pub - I have seen so many posts about them - Robin Hood - AVENUE SHOPPING - 2nd Road

3.A breakfast cafe - PITTINIS CAFE - SOI BUAKHAO

4.A buffet(about 500-600 bhat per person) - Hilton LUNCH BUFFET - slightly higher price with service and taxes but well worth the experience - and can also cover the dessert option all in one

5.A dessert place - Thai and Non Thai - Download EATIGO APP - then look out for good discounts at PASTRY ADDICTION - Beach Road - not far from Soi 6 - could combine desserts LOL

6.Mexican food - As others have said TACO TACO - Tuesdays is a good promotion day

7.Street food - kebabs,seafood,shawarma PUMPUI KEBAB - proper shawarma near the entrance to Walking Street

I have taken your location into account when answering above

Most of these places have a presence on Facebook otherwise Google is your friend

Edited by socrates

10 hours ago, batista275 said:

1.A reasonable Thai place to have Thai food - except street food

2.A British pub - I have seen so many posts about them

3.A breakfast cafe

4.A buffet(about 500-600 bhat per person)

5.A dessert place - Thai and Non Thai

6.Mexican food

7.Street food - kebabs,seafood,shawarma

1. Jasmins at Pattaya Klang or Terminal 21 Food Court - cheap and good and you guys can try many things

2. Skip and try the burgers at Prime Burger on Soi Buakhao

3. Bake n Brew

4. Tsunami Sushi Buffet on 3rd road. Not only Sushi and Fish, also Japanese/Asian meat dishes and salad

5. Try the small stalls in the big shopping centers like Central or Terminal21

6. no idea, sorry

7. After 3 oclock on Walking Street. Let a lady show you a good place, pad thai always good

For dessert, I enjoy the chocolate covered vanilla cones at Dairy Queen outlets in various malls or mango and sticky rice (although I just eat the mango) at any fruit stall on the streets or at the stall in Central Festival mall food court.

20 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

It is really difficult to answer this without knowing a little more about you.

• What is your price tolerance?
  • Where do you stay (South Pattaya, Central Pattaya, Phratamnak, Jomtien, Naklua, Dark Side, other)
  • Do you have your own transportation, if not are you willing to get off of the baht bus routes?

Anyway, assuming that you stay in Pattaya, Taco Taco is good Mexican Food.

Hi

price tolerance would be about 150-250 bhat for a normal meal besides seafood.buffet etc.I havent been to Pattaya for about 5 years so I have no idea about prices now.

We have pinned down a couple of places near Walking Street.(is that south Pattaya?)

We will use the bha bus and taxi if needed

20 hours ago, gitteyman said:

Thai food.. 

Edit... You can also try the food court . In side Buakhao  market.. a big choice of thai food and good prices 

Thanks a lot..They are new to Thai food but they have had plenty of spicy food at home so should not be a huge worry I guess.

does the Bhat bus go to Buakhao?

20 hours ago, mlay said:

IMG20191227193515.jpg

IMG20190419123436.jpg

IMG20190417202720.jpg

IMG20190406205430.jpg

Looks great.again my only issue is finding my way there through the bhat bus or GPS

15 hours ago, socrates said:

1.A reasonable Thai place to have Thai food - except street food - MAE SRI RUEN - Beach Road in between View Talay 6 and Central Festival Mall - other branches dotted around town

2.A British pub - I have seen so many posts about them - ROBIN HOOD - AVENUE SHOPPING - 2nd Road

3.A breakfast cafe - PITTINIS CAFE - SOI BUAKHAO

4.A buffet(about 500-600 bhat per person) - HILTON LUNCH BUFFET - slightly higher price with service and taxes but well worth the experience - and can also cover the dessert option all in one

5.A dessert place - Thai and Non Thai - Download EATIGO APP - then look out for good discounts at PASTRY ADDICTION - Beach Road - not far from Soi 6 - could combine desserts LOL

6.Mexican food - As others have said TACO TACO - Tuesdays is a good promotion day

7.Street food - kebabs,seafood,shawarma PUMPUI KEBAB - proper shawarma near the entrance to Walking Street

I have taken your location into account when answering above

Most of these places have a presence on Facebook otherwise Google is your friend

Thanks a lot Socrates

Overwhelmed with the response.Love this forum 

Specifically I want to try the following dishes(Please recommend me anything else u feel that is great.)

1.Grilled chicken with the spicy sauce

2.A rich red curry and green curry

3.Basil pork

4.Steamed fish with lemon and chilli

5.Tom Yum gong

6.Som Tam

7.Crabs and prawns

8.wood fire pizza

9.Pork ribs,burgers,fish and chips,  - pub style food and dessert(apple pie etc)

10.Chinese(Not the authentic Chinese)

11.North Indian Biriyani,mutton,Tandoori

12 hours ago, briguy said:

For dessert, I enjoy the chocolate covered vanilla cones at Dairy Queen outlets in various malls or mango and sticky rice (although I just eat the mango) at any fruit stall on the streets or at the stall in Central Festival mall food court.

I have always struggled with roads.Hopefully i can locate the sticky rice place

Guys,

we will be mostly roaming around Soi 6 during afternoon and Walking Street at night

My travel dates are march 7-11.Let me know if any of u guys will be there for a few drinks

25 minutes ago, batista275 said:

Specifically I want to try the following dishes(Please recommend me anything else u feel that is great.)

1.Grilled chicken with the spicy sauce

2.A rich red curry and green curry

3.Basil pork

4.Steamed fish with lemon and chilli

5.Tom Yum gong

6.Som Tam

7.Crabs and prawns

8.wood fire pizza

9.Pork ribs,burgers,fish and chips,  - pub style food and dessert(apple pie etc)

10.Chinese(Not the authentic Chinese)

11.North Indian Biriyani,mutton,Tandoori

Looks a very exciting if somewhat large meal. OK what are you having for dessert?

Just now, Jarrod2518 said:

Looks a very exciting if somewhat large meal. OK what are you having for dessert?

haha.surely it is large

we will stay for 5 days hence want to try out these for lunch,dinner

desserts - sticky mango rice,coconut ice cream,that thai coconut steamed dessert thing,

apple strudel,tiramisu,brownies,waffles and cream

1 hour ago, batista275 said:

does the Bhat bus go to Buakhao?

Buakhao has a bhat busses. That go up and down soi Buakao. 

If you are on 2nd rd. cross over at central festival .and cut through one of the soi's  opposite . this will bring you pretty close to the market.

If it is your  first time on buakao.it may be easy to mix up tree town [ Which  has a mix of bars and food stalls ] and the market.         "Both are worth a look "       

2 hours ago, batista275 said:

Hi

price tolerance would be about 150-250 bhat for a normal meal besides seafood.buffet etc.I havent been to Pattaya for about 5 years so I have no idea about prices now.

We have pinned down a couple of places near Walking Street.(is that south Pattaya?)

We will use the bha bus and taxi if needed

Yes I would call that South Pattaya. Partly my bad here in that I read past the Walking Street location when I first looked at your original post.

I do reiterate my recommendation of Taco Taco for Mexican food. This will likely exceed your 250 target by a small amount. You said somewhere that you would hang some on Soi 6. It is a short walk from there to Pattaya Klang (look for the PS Bowling Alley). Head East on Pattaya Klang (away from the Ocean). Turn right onto soi 9 (first soi after Buakhao). Taco Taco is a smallish place on the right about 100 M in. Very good Mexican style food (not Tex-Mex). I like the Chorizo filling. Carnita also pretty good.

https://www.facebook.com/TacoTacoTexMex/

You can hop over to Buakhao after a visit to Taco Taco. There are baht buses there that will take you back to the corner of Second Road and Pattaya Tai (very near the entrance to Walking Street). I would really recommend doing this. It gives you a great view of Buakhao and you may well decide to get off the bus a few times and visit some places, such as LK Metro

There is a thread about Taco Taco here in the restaurants section.

I am not a Walking Street guy, so I do not have a lot of recommendations for that area. I do enjoy lunch at the Pattaya Beer Garden (just before the entrance to Walking Street) every once in a while with some friends. I hear it can get crowded at night.