IGNORED

Personal Trainer

Chiefam

Hi

im hoping to work on my fitness whilst in Pattaya, can anyone recommend a personal trainer with good English?

Ive seen personal trainers working in Fitness 7 no idea if they are good or speak good English.

Why do you want a personal trainer? Unless it's for motivation you don't really need one, everything you need is on YouTube and the net and that's coming from someone with a qualification in personal training. Most of them are hopeless.

8 hours ago, hggcraig said:

Ive seen personal trainers working in Fitness 7 no idea if they are good or speak good English.

Why do you want a personal trainer? Unless it's for motivation you don't really need one, everything you need is on YouTube and the net and that's coming from someone with a qualification in personal training. Most of them are hopeless.

Hey, thanks for that.. if you don’t mind me asking where is Fitness 7?

and it is exactly that, I need the motivation to go, and someone to push me whilst I’m there.. otherwise I take the easy route out and won’t turn up 

Try the brick house, behind Nova Park. New place, all the best equipment. Met the trainer, an Aussie guy, I think. Was not crowded when I was there, had a great workout

:Finger5::Finger5::Finger5:

If you want SWISS quality:

Koni Hollenstein

Edited by flioflop

I'm not sure how 'professional' a trainer she was.

I picked her up at a beerbar in the MIT Complex LT

All I can say is she gave me a pretty good workout and her English wasn't all that bad.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

14 hours ago, Chiefam said:

Hey, thanks for that.. if you don’t mind me asking where is Fitness 7?

and it is exactly that, I need the motivation to go, and someone to push me whilst I’m there.. otherwise I take the easy route out and won’t turn up 

It's at the Avenue shopping centre, next to the supermarket.

On 12/02/2020 at 04:22, Chiefam said:

.. otherwise I take the easy route out and won’t turn up 

Well assuming you`re on holiday do just that, in fact forget the fitness regime altogether and do what most people do on holiday.....drink, eat, and have a bloody good time!:P

The "personal trainers" that I regularly observed in Pattaya were a joke.  They always had people doing a bunch of weird shit and isolation/supplementary exercises instead of the basic barbell exercises that will yield far better results.  

Bench press, squat, deadlift, bent-row, overhead press (and variations of these exercises) are "the big 5" and tell the tale.  Add dead-hang, full-range-of-motion pullups and I would argue that a person will benefit more from these 6 staple exercises than anything else.  Do not forget cardio.  150 minutes per week should be the minimum.  

Keep in mind that the "personal trainer" industry is wide-open with little or no regulation.  Some Gyms require specific certifications and most do not.  For technical and legal purposes, one can get a "personal trainer" certification online in less than an hour.  To summarize, many "personal trainers" are not very experienced.  

If one does not develop the self-discipline to do what they have to do, they will never be consistent.  Seemingly insignificant gains or losses add up over one's lifetime.  Strength/physical fitness must be consistent and a part of one's daily habits.  

Good luck.  

Edited by JasonL

• 3 years later...

Hey! I hope you enjoy your time in Pattaya and achieve your fitness goals.
I'm not familiar with any specific personal trainers in Pattaya. Still, I suggest checking out online reviews and requesting recommendations from locals or other ex-pats in the area. My friend is currently taking personal trainer qualifications, but I wonder if he will get back to Pattaya after. I hope you find the perfect option!

Edited by syahrulmam

• 11 months later...

The Brick. Ask for Neung. 4 year degree in sports science.

Edited by Kahoy

On 15/02/2020 at 13:25, JasonL said:

The "personal trainers" that I regularly observed in Pattaya were a joke.  They always had people doing a bunch of weird shit and isolation/supplementary exercises instead of the basic barbell exercises that will yield far better results.  

Bench press, squat, deadlift, bent-row, overhead press (and variations of these exercises) are "the big 5" and tell the tale.  Add dead-hang, full-range-of-motion pullups and I would argue that a person will benefit more from these 6 staple exercises than anything else.  Do not forget cardio.  150 minutes per week should be the minimum.  

Keep in mind that the "personal trainer" industry is wide-open with little or no regulation.  Some Gyms require specific certifications and most do not.  For technical and legal purposes, one can get a "personal trainer" certification online in less than an hour.  To summarize, many "personal trainers" are not very experienced.  

If one does not develop the self-discipline to do what they have to do, they will never be consistent.  Seemingly insignificant gains or losses add up over one's lifetime.  Strength/physical fitness must be consistent and a part of one's daily habits.  

Good luck.  

Yes i have seen in the gym,some Asian guys doing weird exercises,and i often think,who taught you to do,or want to do that ,and some of the Thai personal trainers i have seen in the Gym,dont even look like they lift weights,as you say just stick to the basics you mentioned and that is all that is needed,and if you are super lazy...just do squats,pushups and chin ups will get you looking good with some cardio thrown in,no need to pay anyone especially since gym memberships in Thailand are usually more costly than back home