Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ministry of Tourism considering collecting tourist fees from all International tourists to Thailand

The Pattaya News

BANGKOK(NNT) – The Ministry of Tourism and Sport has introduced the idea of collecting fees from international visitors for the renovation of tourism attractions and natural resources, as well as providing insurance benefits specifically for tourists. The Tourism Ministry recently held its first workshop to gather opinions from government agencies and private companies working in […]

The post Ministry of Tourism considering collecting tourist fees from all International tourists to Thailand appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

They already pay a tourist tax for entry to tourist attractions which is usually 3 or 4 times more than what a Thai person pays for exactly the same experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't they do this already? Used to pay on arrival or departure or something.  Ended up being included in the price of your ticket I think. I could be wrong and thinking of somewhere else.

They're not introducing the idea really are they, just pissed off most the chinese have fucked off early and need some way to make the money back so they're upping an already existing tourist tax. 

Who gives a toss really.  It'll amount to the cost of maybe 3 drinks or some shit.

Another stupid idea when tourism go down for many reasons. Good luck about this crazy idea.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

7 hours ago, Pattaya Yu said:

Didn't they do this already? Used to pay on arrival or departure or something.  Ended up being included in the price of your ticket I think. I could be wrong and thinking of somewhere else.

They're not introducing the idea really are they, just pissed off most the chinese have fucked off early and need some way to make the money back so they're upping an already existing tourist tax. 

Who gives a toss really.  It'll amount to the cost of maybe 3 drinks or some shit.

It was a departure tax that you paid before entering the security/immigration area for departures, some individuals would have to make a quick trip to an exchange booth if they had spent all their baht..  Shortly after the new airport opened it was included in your ticket price, thus eliminating the 2 or 3 personnel that was working to collect the fee. It was 500 baht when I first visited LOS, then raised to 700 baht a few years later, could be more now.

A new fee is not such a big deal in the scheme of things. It's not likely to be a lot. But if it has to be paid in cash, it's a hassle that will slow things down at immigration, which would be unfortunate. The queues move fairly quickly now at BKK, even when it's busy (which it seems to be most of the time), but I imagine this would slow things down considerably.