IGNORED

More then 1000 stray dogs to be moved from shelter in Pattaya to new facility in Pong

The Pattaya News

Due to overcrowding, previously stray dogs are being moved from Pattaya’s shelter in Plutaluang to a new facility in Pong. Deputy Mayor Manote Nongyai and city veterinarian Dr. Surapong Wongsuttawad toured the privately run Sanganchatsorakai Foundation Jan. 30. Due to overcrowding, the animals are being moved from Pattaya’s previous shelter in Plutaluang. The city has […]

The post More then 1000 stray dogs to be moved from shelter in Pattaya to new facility in Pong appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Wish the city authorities would do something about the number of dogs that hang around the roads and paths of Pratumnak hill, especially the western portion closer to the sea. If you walk along the road past Balihai and out to the Lighthouse, then walk up the hill road or the pedestrian steps, you soon run into packs of dogs lying around. They're brave in numbers and they turn on passersby at will and you have to scarper.

This area is one of the only places in Pattaya with decent air quality as there's a minimum of motorbike and car fumes and fresh air comes in from the sea, but it's ruined by the environmental menace of packs of soi dogs.

23 minutes ago, Cheongsam said:

Wish the city authorities would do something about the number of dogs that hang around the roads and paths of Pratumnak hill, especially the western portion closer to the sea. If you walk along the road past Balihai and out to the lighthouse, then walk up the hill road or the pedestrian steps, you soon run into packs of dogs lying around. They're brave in numbers and they turn on passersby at will and you have to scarper.

This area is one of the only places in Pattaya with decent air quality as there's a minimum of motorbike and car fumes and fresh air comes in from the sea, but it's ruined by the environmental menace of packs of soi dogs.

They get rounded up every few years and put into cages and driven into Vietnam and sold as dog meat 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pheat said:

They get rounded up every few years and put into cages and driven into Vietnam and sold as dog meat 

I wanted to post this but thought it might be against the rules or something, but yeah.  First thing that came to mind reading the title of the thread lol. I think it's legal as long as the dogs are alive when they leave or something idk. Some girl explained it once but I don't listen very well.

I think it's a cultural thing...

We have 2 dogs, when they were puppies they got parvovirus and things were not looking good...after a lot of Baht and watching the poor little things suffering I wanted to go back to the vets and have them put to sleep so they would suffer no more..... However the vet would not do it ! 

My Wife said let's wait one more night... That was 18 months ago and they are going strong now..... 

So maybe it's 'just a thing' over here.... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I visited dogs shelter of 700 dogs ( about over 12 miles out of Pattaya )... Fair play to two ladies who fed & looked after them ... Bought four big bags of dogs foods for them , 

6CA6A3B3-124F-47F8-900E-104559689B40.jpeg

B90ADB5E-6640-4469-B87F-E4723C2F0424.jpeg

F70FB648-8F22-49E4-B774-0D3DFA2B26BD.jpeg

0256BB0A-AF59-451C-81F9-2A41E490D79D.jpeg

A083EB17-BFAE-4959-BBF9-314A4A7B0732.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1