IGNORED

Thai lady with French residence come to UK ???

Klongwalker

Any advice here would be appreciated guys.

It's complicated.

I am from the UK and was a regular visit to Pattaya for 12 years about a decade ago.I know all the pitfalls and scams about the girls so I am no newbie.

I have rekindled a friendship/possible romance with a Thai lady on facebook I met 20 year ago whilst holidaying in Thaïland.

We have both moved on in life and that lifestyle has long passed us both.

At the time I don't think smartphones were around so facebook / WhatsApp was not available although everyone had mobiles except for both of us. When I returned home the only way I communicated with her was the communal pay phone in the hallway of her apartment block.As you can imagine it soon fizzled out.She forgot my surname .We lost contact. I even tried to find her about 10 years ago on facebook again to no avail so assumed she went back home up country and got married to a local.

Six month ago I was looking at old holiday pics of her and I searched her name once more on facebook and I found her.Oh Boy what a surprise I got next.

We have been communicating nearly everyday by app aswell as video calling for the last 6 months.

She told me her story. Not long after my "romance" she met a guy from France and he took her back on a 6 month visa.So she could stay in the country they got married and has been living in France for the last 20 years.They have a son together but are now separated after 15 years marriage but not divorced.She has dual citizenship and is the mother of his French born child.

I think the legal documents are called carte de sejour and carte de residence (a permanent residence entitlement)

You may ask why I don't just visit her as its so near but there is another twist.She is in a 18 month  relationship with someone she doesn't get on with anymore.Why doesn't she leave him you ask? Because they have gone into a small cafe business together. Its complicated but she wants out and that's up to her to sort out.

She's strongly hinted about us again and is more than willing to come here to be with me.I am not saying its ever going to happen as there are so many red flags.

Baring in mind she is still legally married to a French citizen, also has a child who is only 13 but lives with the father. She is in the middle of going to a tribunal about ending her marriage and I am aware once the absolute decree comes through that adds months to an application.

I just need to know if its possible or impossible and what route to take as this visa shit is a minefield.

In 2 visa scenarios the options are 6 month visitor or a marriage visa

The UK is not in Schengen and I don't know if her French residence documents entitle her to entry for either application.If they don't does she have to apply in Thailand for them?

Does her marital status and child weigh against her?

Do any guys know what route to go down if it is at all possible for either visa scenario?

I envisage a long wait whatever I apply for.

She thinks it will be a breeze and I'm too negative.But as we all know its easier to negotiate with a terrorist than a Thai.You all must be thinking this guy is nuts and yes I am laughing myself but I owe it to her to find out as I promised her.

I know this is a long shot but just maybe someone knows something.

Cheers

Sorry for speed reading but you say she has dual citizenship?

Are you saying she is a citizen of France and Thailand?

Need to clarify whether she has French citizenship or just a residence permit, you wrote that she has two citizenships. What citizenship does she has other than Thai? With a residence permit in France, she does not need to fly to Thailand to obtain a visa to the UK, she can apply for a visa in France

Edited by Ikol
grammar

Aah !!! Sorry, I shouldn't have used dual citizenship.

She has full residence permit in France

In her words she has same rights as a French citizen.Quote "me France same same"

She does use a Thaï passport

Ikol are you saying she can apply herself in France or do I have to apply on her behalf from UK on the www.gov.uk website.If applying in France is it the same www.gov.uk website she must use? 

10 hours ago, Klongwalker said:

do I have to apply on her behalf from UK on the www.gov.uk website.If applying in France is it the same www.gov.uk website she must use? 

Better if she will do it for herself. My friend applied from Spain while having just residence, it was "very easy" as she told me. Here is the link you need https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/uk-visit-visa